Ultrasonic Dental Scalers Market- Introduction
- Ultrasonic dental scalers are used for eliminating deposits such as plaque and tartar rapidly from the surface of the teeth
- During tartar cleaning, the scaler tip vibrates in the ultrasonic range of 20 kHz to 45 kHz and the tip is cooled by forcing a stream of water. Vibration of scaler tip of ultrasonic dental scaler enables removal of plaque and tartar rapidly, thereby making it a fast and effective process.
- Ultrasonic dental scalers have varied shapes of interchangeable scaling tips, enabling numerous functions such as root planning, sublingual scaling, and periodontal pocket management
- Application of ultrasonic devices has significantly enhanced procedures of periodontal debridement and supragingival scaling
- Ultrasonic dental scalers ensure better stain removal compared to hand scaling dental devices. Furthermore, they reduce hand and wrist fatigue for dentists, thus, increasing the convenience of use.
Get a Glimpse of the In-Depth Analysis through our Comprehensive Ultrasonic Dental Scalers Market Brochure
Key Drivers of Global Ultrasonic Dental Scalers Market
Increase in Adoption of Dental Scaling Devices
- Increase in adoption of dental scaling devices is one of the drivers of the ultrasonic dental scalers market. Dental scaling reduces the gap between teeth and gums, thereby reducing the risk of undergoing tooth, bone, and tissue loss linked with chronic periodontal disease. Such factors boost the usage of dental scaling devices.
Greater Patient Comfort through Usage of Ultrasonic Dental Scalers
- Ultrasonic dental scalers offer better comfort compared to hand scaling dental devices. They provide more accurate placement during treatment, vibrate less, require less water during the dental scaling procedure, and come with smaller inserts, thereby increasing the comfort level for the patient. Hence, patients more readily opt for dental scaling treatment. This drives the ultrasonic dental scalers market.
Benefits of Ultrasonic Dental Scalers over Hand Scaling
- Ultrasonic dental scalers reduce treatment time, particularly when removal of heavy dental deposits is involved. Furthermore, they lessen hand and wrist fatigue. Moreover, they ensure excellent stain removal compared to that achieved by hand scaling. All these benefits of ultrasonic dental scalers over hand scaling propel the ultrasonic dental scalers market.
North America to Dominate Global Ultrasonic Dental Scalers Market
- North America accounted for the majority of the share of the global ultrasonic dental scalers market in 2018. The major share can be attributed to increase in incidence of periodontal diseases, surge in usage of dental scalers for the treatment of these diseases, presence of advanced health care infrastructure, increased spending on dental health care, and high awareness about dental health & hygiene among consumers.
- Asia Pacific is expected to be the fastest growing region during the forecast period due to rise in health care amenities, increase in awareness of dental care, rise in number of dentists and dental practices, surge in disposable incomes,and rapid growth of geriatric population
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Ultrasonic Dental Scalers Market Report
Key Players operating in Global Market
The global ultrasonic dental scalers market is fragmented due to presence of many players in the market. The demand for ultrasonic dental scalers has increased in both emerging and developed markets. This has resulted in a surge in number of distributors and suppliers in the global market. Some of the key players operating in the global market are:
- Magpie Tech Corp.
- Den-Mat Holdings LLC
- Coltene Whaledent Pvt. Ltd
- Aseptico Inc.
- Henry Schein Inc.
- DENTSPLY International
- Kerr Corporation
- Flight Dental Systems
- Micron Corporation
- Mectron s.p.a.
Global Ultrasonic Dental Scalers Market- Research Scope
- The global ultrasonic dental scalers market can be segmented on the basis of product type, end users, application, and region
Global Ultrasonic Dental Scalers Market, by Product type
- Magnetostrictive Ultrasonic Scalers
- Piezoelectric Ultrasonic Scalers
Global Ultrasonic Dental Scalers Market, by End-users
- Dental Clinics
Global Ultrasonic Dental Scalers Market, by Application
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.