Turner Syndrome Treatment Market: Introduction
- Turner Syndrome is a genetic disorder which is known to affect only females. It is caused when one of the X chromosomes (sex chromosomes) is missing or partially missing.
- Turner syndrome can cause a range of medical and developmental complications, including short stature, failure of the ovaries to develop, and heart defects. A large number of patients have characteristics like webbed neck, a low hairline at the back of the neck, puffiness or swelling of the hands and feet, skeletal abnormalities, or kidney problems.
- Turner syndrome can be detected early including before birth (prenatally) and during infancy or in early childhood. Sometimes, in females with minor signs and symptoms of Turner syndrome, the diagnosis is delayed until the teen or young adult years.
- The patients with Turner syndrome need lifelong medical care for a number of complications that can arise due to the syndrome. Regular checkups and appropriate care can help most girls and women lead healthy, independent lives.
Are you a Start-up willing to make it big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Turner Syndrome Treatment Market Report
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Turner Syndrome Treatment Market
- Increase in patient awareness, rising number of prenatal genetic testing, rise in healthcare awareness, and increase in investment in research and developments are the factors that are anticipated to drive the global Turner Syndrome market
- Parents of affected patients are more aware and proactive about their children’s health and are willing to seek a physician's advice at an early stage. This is leading to an increase in prenatal testing and infant genetic testing which is expected to drive the market during the forecast period.
- Increase in per capita disposable income is encouraging people to spend more on health care facilities, which, in turn, fuels the global Turner Syndrome market. Changing demographics as well as rapidly rising patient population in emerging economies such as China, India, Brazil, and South Africa are expected to boost the Turner Syndrome market.
- However, lack of disease awareness leading to slow or late diagnosis of patients in developing and under-developed countries is anticipated to hamper market growth during the forecast period
Surgery to Lead Global Market
- The global Turner Syndrome treatment market can be segmented based on treatment type, route of administration, distribution channel, and region
- In terms of treatment type, the global market can be classified into growth hormone therapy, estrogen and progesterone replacement therapy, and other supportive therapies. On the basis of route of administration, the market can be segmented into oral and parenteral route.
- Based on distribution channel, the global Turner Syndrome treatment market can be categorized into hospital pharmacies, retail pharmacies, and online pharmacies
Asia Pacific to be Lucrative Market for Turner Syndrome Treatment
- The global Turner Syndrome treatment market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Rapid economic development in India, China, Brazil, South Africa, and other countries in Asia and Latin America has increased the disposable income of people and their awareness level of the importance of treating such genetic disorders. Moreover, development of health care infrastructure and increase in medical expenditure by governments of these countries would contribute to the growth of the Turner Syndrome treatment market in the region.
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Turner Syndrome Treatment Market Report
Key Players Operating in Global Turner Syndrome Treatment Market
Leading players in the global Turner Syndrome treatment market include:
- Novartis AG
- Bausch Health
- Pfizer Inc.
- Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc.
- Eli Lilly and Company
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd.
- Abbott Laboratories
Global Turner Syndrome Treatment Market: Research Scope
Global Turner Syndrome Treatment Market, by Treatment Type
- Growth Hormone Therapy
- Estrogen and Progesterone Replacement Therapy
- Supportive Therapies
Global Turner Syndrome Treatment Market, by Route of Administration
Global Turner Syndrome Treatment Market, by Distribution Channel
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
- Online Pharmacies
Global Turner Syndrome Treatment Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note:Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.