Turbidity Meters: Introduction
- Turbidity meters are used to measure the cloudiness or turbidity of water caused by suspended solid particles. Turbidity meters are also known as nephelometer.
- Turbidity meters measure the haze or cloudiness in water. It is used in industrial processes that includes environmental monitoring, pharmaceutical manufacturing, and utility applications. Furthermore, turbidity meters are used in commercial applications for turbidity readings in municipal drinking water treatment.
- Furthermore, turbidity meters are used to measure the haziness of a fluid, to bring quantitative consistency to the measurement of drinking water for both pathogenic and aesthetic qualities.
- Turbidity meters are used to measure the turbidity of water in a sample as a result of suspended solid particles. Moreover, turbidity meters can provide more accurate results of turbidity so as to analyze the sample correctly.
- Turbidity meters are used to define the concentration of total suspended solid (TTS) particles in water or liquid samples by measuring or evaluating the incident light scattered at right angles from the sample.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Global Turbidity Meters Market: Dynamics
Global Turbidity Meters Market: Key Drivers and Restraints
- Turbidity meters are used in automated measuring processes, which is cost affective for a company and can reduce the expenditure on labor-intensive tasks. Additionally, low maintenance cost is expected to accelerate the demand for turbidity meters over the forecast period.
- Growing universality of water pollutants is expected to fuel the growth of the turbidity meters market.
- Furthermore, low cost of turbidity meters is boosting growth in the market. Turbidity meters can operate as a single device for multiple product types, thus saving significant costs that accrue by using other devices.
High Cost and Lack of Awareness Hindering the Market
- Turbidity meter manufacturers are quickly incorporating advanced technology to limit the reliance of turbidity meters on a main supply or steady battery supply. The dependency on batteries can hamper the adoption of turbidity meters in industrial process management, as batteries have a tendency to stop at any time.
North America to Account for Major Share of the Global Turbidity Meters Market
- In terms of region, the global turbidity meters market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America.
- North America dominated the global turbidity meters market in 2018 due to the expected maximum revenue share. The U.S. is a key market in North America due to increasing sales of turbidity meters (which are portable in nature) for applications such as sewage treatment and pharmaceuticals. Europe is anticipated to hold the second largest share of the global turbidity meters market owing to demand and consumption of water.
- The turbidity meters market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at a rapid pace over the forecast period due to a flourishing food & ecosystem and chemical manufacturing, which is enhancing the sales of turbidity meters in the region.
- The turbidity meters market in South America is expected to grow due to paper and pulp production in the region.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report
Global Turbidity Meters Market: Competitive Landscape
Key Players Operating in the Global Turbidity Meters Market
Few local, regional, and international players are found in the turbidity meters market. Manufacturers of turbidity meters adopt two vital strategies - new product development with advanced technology, and acquisition- to cater to the needs of numerous end-users. Furthermore, the global turbidity meters market is highly consolidated, with top manufacturers accounting for approximately 25%–30% of the market share. Key players operating in the global turbidity meters market are:
- Bante Instruments
- DKK-TOA Corporation
- Endress+Hauser Management AG
- Extech (FLIR Systems)
- Hanna Instruments
- HF Scientific (Watts)
- LaMotte Company
- METTLER TOLEDO.
- OMEGA Engineering
- Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Tintometer GmbH
Global Turbidity Meters Market: Research Scope
Global Turbidity Meters Market Segmentation, by Type
- Portable Turbidity Meters
- Desktop Turbidity Meters
Global Turbidity Meters Market Segmentation, by Product Type
- Laser Turbidity Meter
- In-line Turbidity Meter
- Monitoring Turbidity Meter
- Compact Turbidity Meter
Global Turbidity Meters Market Segmentation, by Application
- Wastewater Treatment
- Process Monitoring
- River Monitoring
- Groundwater Measuring
- Beverage Testing
- Reservoir Water Quality Testing
- Effluent, and Industrial Control
Global Turbidity Meters Market Segmentation, by Sales Channel
- Direct sale
- Indirect sale
Global Turbidity Meters Market Segmentation, by Display
- LED Display
- LCD Display
Global Turbidity Meters Market Segmentation, by End-user
- Food & Beverages
- Water & Wastewater
Global Turbidity Meters Market Segmentation, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.