Turbidimeter Market (Portability: Handheld and Stationery; Application: On-field and Off-field; and End-use Industry: Wastewater Treatment, Chemical & Materials, Oil & Gas, Pharmaceuticals, Pulp & Paper, Food & Beverages, Research & Academia, and Others) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2019 - 2027
Press Release :
Entry of Accurate and Efficient Laser-based Turbidimeters in Global Market
The level of cloudiness or haziness in water has been identified as one of the simplest indicators of water quality. For several decades, turbidity level is used to assess the relative clarity of water. Although other techniques are available to determine the contamination levels in water, turbidity analysis has gained significant acceptance, as it a simple indicator of the overall quality of water. Technological advancements are expected to drive the growth of the turbidimeter market, as novel laser-based procedures are slowly making their entry into the global marketspace. The onset of laser-based procedures has enabled a swift detection of filtration integrity with a high degree of accuracy.
Turbidity measurement is a critical procedure in several industries, including food & beverages, pharmaceuticals, chemicals & materials, and water treatment, among others. While governments across the world, especially of developing countries continue to lay down stringent regulations pertaining to water quality, the demand for turbidimeters is expected to witness substantial growth in the coming years, thus driving the turbidimeter market. Due to the demand from end-use industries coupled with rapid advancements in the turbidity analysis, the turbidimeter market is expected to reach a value of ~US$ 1.5 Bn by 2027 from ~US$ 960 Mn in 2019.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Turbidimeter Market
Growing Adoption in Wastewater Treatment Facilities to Drive Turbidimeter Market
In the current scenario, complying with evolving regulatory framework and minimizing operational costs are some of the challenges for wastewater treatment facilities. Within the wastewater treatment space, turbidity is an indicator of effluent quality. Over the past two decades, research and development activities in the turbidimeter market are focusing on improving accuracy, efficiency, and overall performance of the turbidity analysis. Turbidimeters are extensively used across laboratories and on-site water treatment plants for turbidity measurements. However, existing automated techniques demand periodic cleaning and human intervention. Efforts are in place to improve the yield and overall accuracy of turbidimeters.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
The wastewater treatment end-use industry segment is expected to account for a major share of the turbidimeter market during the forecast period. The segment is likely to gain 36% market share by 2027. With a CAGR growth of ~5%, this segment is also projected to expand at a rapid rate during the forecast period. In the past two years, deployment of image processing techniques to estimate turbidity in wastewater treatment plants effluents has garnered significant momentum – a key factor that is anticipated to fuel the growth of the turbidimeter market. Moreover, innovations in turbidimeters are likely to play a crucial role in addressing the current set of challenges in the water industry.
Technologically Advanced Instruments to Replace Conventional Turbidimeters
Cutting-edge laser-based technologies are gradually being adopted in the turbidimeter market. Laser-based techniques have proven their efficacy in detecting issues related to filtration integrity with greater efficiency and precision in comparison with the other alternatives. Laser-based turbidimeters have emerged as an ideal solution to cater to the growing requirement of low-level turbidity analysis in relatively cleaner samples of water, owing to their improved optical capabilities and design. Instruments, such as laser-based turbidimeters that have a high signal-to-noise ratio provide stable and consistent measurement baseline levels compared to conventional turbidimeters enabling efficient detection of minute changes in turbidity. The entry of laser-based turbidimeters has played an imperative role in improving the process of detecting filtration integrity deficiencies.
The demand for these instruments is expected to grow in the near future, owing to their optimum optical qualities. These laser instruments provide added insights compared to conventional alternatives and thus, could potentially replace them in the coming years. Players operating in the global turbidimeter market are inclined toward improving the accuracy and efficiency of their instruments by leveraging new technologies and techniques, including image processing and laser.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Turbidimeter Market
High demand from the wastewater treatment and food & beverages industries will influence the growth of the turbidimeter market during the forecast period. Companies in the turbidimeter market should focus on leveraging novel turbidity analysis techniques to manufacture efficient and accurate instruments. Companies should also focus on reducing the costs of commercial turbidimeters to increase the adoption of these devices for environmental monitoring, especially in developing countries. Moreover, growing focus and investments in improving the current state of wastewater treatment facilities will present companies with several opportunities, especially in the developing regions of South Asia and East Asia, including India and China. Additionally, adoption of turbidimeters in on-field application remains higher than off-field application. Thus, on-field application segment is expected to account for over 65% of the market share by 2027.
Turbidimeter Market: Overview
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest report on the global turbidimeter market for the period of 2019–2027 (wherein 2019 to 2027 is the forecasted period and 2018 is the base year), increasing demand for wastewater treatment plants, owing to rising water purity concerns is anticipated to propel the global turbidimeter market
- In the report, revenue generated by the global turbidimeter market has been mentioned in terms of value (US$ Mn) and volume (Thousand Units) throughout the forecast period
Growth in Number of Wastewater Treatment Plants: A Key Driver for Turbidimeter Market
- Increasing industrialization has been one of the major factors leading to wastewater generation, which has resulted in the growth of turbidimeters. In several developing and developed countries, most of the wastewater is released directly into the environment without its adequate treatment. However, with increasing regulations pertaining to wastewater treatment, countries have been adopting the wastewater treatment method in order to save fresh water and decrease the quantity of wastewater.
- Several countries have started to build effluent treatment plants in manufacturing and processing sites to release clean water due to the government regulations. Increase in the number of wastewater treatment plants will eventually lead to the growth of the turbidimeter market.
Growth in e-Commerce Platforms to Drive Turbidimeter Market
- Growing use of e-Commerce platforms for sale and purchase of turbidimeters is a key factor driving the turbidimeter market. Of late, several manufacturers and resellers are moving toward online platforms, as they help in increasing the geographical presence of the companies. Online platforms provide a wide range of products at an affordable price, which makes it a convenient option for end consumers.
- The turbidimeter market is anticipated to have strong growth during the forecasted period with rising number of online platforms.
Lack of Implementation of Regulations: A Key Restraining Factor of Turbidimeter Market
- Absence of effluent treatment plants (ETP) in several high growth regions is a major factor restraining the growth of the turbidimeter market. End-of-pipe discharges from large scale processing (leather, textile, etc.) and food industries are generally easy to identify, and can be regulated, controlled, and treated. However, wastewater from concentrations of small enterprises are discharged wherever they can and not necessarily into any identifiable sewers. Several are highly polluting, containing acids, and toxic metals. This waste damages the sensitive ecosystem and established contact with humans and animals with consequent damage to health.
- Lack of implementation of regulations pertaining to treatment of wastewater restrains the demand for turbidimeters.
Turbidimeters on Rent: Another Restraining Factor of Turbidimeter Market
- Demand for turbidimeters has increased due to the increasing number of processing industries and manufacturing plants. Therefore, several distributors and retailers as well as third party sellers specializing in selling water-testing equipment have started rental service of turbidimeters. End users rent out turbidimeters for short durations, which decreases the sale of the product. This is restraining the overall growth of the turbidimeter market.
Water Reuse and Recovery through Wastewater Treatment: A Lucrative Opportunity for Turbidimeter Market
- Technological advancements in wastewater treatment over the past decades have presented an opportunity to shift the primary objective of wastewater management from ‘treat and dispose’ to reuse, recycle, and recover resources. Various technological options for resource recovery from wastewater and sludge exist at different stages of development and application, and are developing rapidly.
- Technological advancements for resource recovery from wastewater are expected to create a new demand for the product during the forecast period. Future wastewater treatment plants will be expected to deliver recovered resources and high-quality water for reuse in different sectors.
Combining Centralized and Decentralized Solution: Growth Opportunity for Turbidimeter Market
- Combined centralized and decentralized wastewater management facilities are suitable for large service areas, while offering benefits of decentralization such as reduced investments, low operation and maintenance cost, and customizability to local conditions. Distributed wastewater systems refer to a highly networked and localized approach to production, distribution, and consumption, and are an alternative based on the optimum combination of different centralized and decentralized systems for managing wastewater across networked cluster systems. Increase in the number of decentralized solutions is anticipated to drive the growth of the turbidimeter market.
Improving Data Accuracy: A Key Trend in Turbidimeter Market
- Manufacturers are keen on developing accurate portable and non-portable turbidimeters. Low stray light, high stability, efficient bubble rejection, and a display resolution of 0.001 NTU make Clarity II ideal for monitoring the turbidity of filtered drinking water.
Turbidimeter Market: Competition Landscape
- Detailed profiles of manufacturers in the global turbidimeter market have been provided in the report to evaluate their financials, key product offerings, recent developments, and strategies
- Key players operating in the global turbidimeter market include
- Panomex Inc.
- Hanna Instruments Ltd.
- HF Scientific Inc.
- DKK-TOA Corporation
- OPTEX Environment
- Tintometer Gmbh
- TPS Pty Ltd.
- LaMotte Company
- WTW (Xylem Inc.)
- VELP Scientifica
Turbidimeter Market: Key Developments
- In March 2019, Watts Water Technologies Inc. (HF Scientific) distributed more than 40 turbidimeters to create low cost, highly reliable, zero electricity solutions
- In May 2018, Hach Company launched the NX7500 UV scanning sensor for online measurement of nitrogen and organics. The product was launched for applications, such as DE ammonification process under control and complete view of organics and nitrate in water. In February 2019, the company launched a new automatic process analyzer, which can measure silica, hydrogen peroxide, copper ion, acidity, alkalinity, etc.
Turbidimeter Market – Scope of the Report
A new study on the global turbidimeter market has been published by Transparency Market Research (TMR). It presents a wealth of information on key market dynamics, including drivers, market trends, and challenges, as well as the structure of the global turbidimeter market. TMR’s study offers valuable information about the global turbidimeter market to illustrate how the market would grow during the forecast period of 2019–2027.
Key indicators of market growth, which include value chain as well as supply chain analyses, and Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) are elucidated in TMR’s study in a comprehensive manner. This data can help readers interpret quantitative growth aspects of the global turbidimeter market during the forecast period.
An extensive analysis on business strategies of leading market players has also been featured in TMR’s study on the global turbidimeter market. This can help readers understand principal factors to foresee growth in the global turbidimeter market. In this study, readers can also find specific data on the qualitative and quantitative growth avenues for the global turbidimeter market, which is expected to guide market players in making apt decisions in the future.
Key Questions Answered in TMR’s Study on Turbidimeter Market
- What are the key factors influencing the turbidimeter market in each region?
- What will be the CAGR of the global turbidimeter market between 2017 and 2027?
- What is the future scope and changing trends in technologies in the global turbidimeter market?
- Which factors will impede the growth of the global turbidimeter market during the forecast period?
- Which are the leading companies in the global turbidimeter market?
Research Methodology – Turbidimeter Market
A unique research methodology has been utilized by TMR to conduct a comprehensive research on the growth of the global turbidimeter market and arrive at conclusions on the future growth prospects of the market. This research methodology is a combination of primary and secondary research, which helps analysts warrant the accuracy and reliability of the drawn conclusions.
Secondary sources referred to by analysts during the production of the global turbidimeter market report include statistics from company annual reports, SEC filings, company websites, World Bank database, investor presentations, regulatory databases, government publications, and industry white papers. Analysts have also interviewed senior managers, product portfolio managers, CEOs, VPs, and market intelligence managers who contributed to the production of TMR’s study on the global turbidimeter market as a primary source.
These primary and secondary sources provided exclusive information during interviews, which serves as a validation from the turbidimeter industry leaders. Access to an extensive internal repository and external proprietary databases allows this report to address specific details and questions about the global turbidimeter market with accuracy. The study also uses the top-down approach to assess the numbers for each segment and the bottom-up approach to counter-validate them. This has helped in making TMR’s estimates on the future prospects of the global turbidimeter market more reliable and accurate.
Segmentation of Turbidimeter Market
TMR’s study on the global turbidimeter market includes information categorized into four sections - by portability, by application, by end-use industry, and by region. Changing industry trends and other crucial market dynamics associated with these sections of the turbidimeter market have been discussed in detail.
Chemicals & Materials
Oil & Gas
Pulp & Paper
Food & Beverages
Research & Academia
Middle East & Africa