Tularemia: A Rare Form of Infectious Disease Primarily Affecting Mammals
- Tularemia is a rare infectious disease caused by a bacterium called Francisella tularensis. The disease spreads in humans through several routes, including insect (tick and deer fly) bites and direct exposure to an infected animal.
- Tularemia is also called rabbit fever or deer fly fever. Its general symptoms include fever, skin ulcer, chills, headache, eye pain, redness, throat pain, and mouth ulcer. Severe symptoms include dry cough, chest pain, difficulty in breathing, high fever, and pneumonia.
- Tularemia spreads through various means such as insect bites, exposure to sick or dead animals, airborne bacteria, and contaminated food or water
- Several preventive measures are adopted, especially by people who generally go for hiking, camping, or hunting animals. Use of antibiotics is an effective treatment of this disease.
Are you a Start-up willing to make it Big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Tularemia Therapeutics Market Report
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Tularemia Therapeutics Market
- Rise in the number of reported cases of tularemia and growing exposure of people to insects led by travelling to certain regions are some of the major factors driving the global tularemia therapeutics market. For instance, according to Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), a total of 93 cases of tularemia were reported in the U.S. in 2009, which rose to 229 in 2018.
- Ongoing investigational therapy studies for tularemia is also a major factor fueling the global tularemia therapeutics market
- Rise in awareness among people regarding the tularemia disease is also augmenting the global tularemia therapeutics market
Antibacterial Resistance to Hamper Market
- Tularemia is primarily cured by antibiotics, which include tetracyclines, fluoproquinolones, and aminoglycosides. Antibacterial resistance is a major point of concern in prescribing these drugs. Several strains of bacteria are found to be resistant to these drugs. This factor can hamper the global tularemia therapeutics market.
- Side-effects caused by these antibiotic drugs sometimes lead to serious complications, which is also restraining the global market
Streptomycin: a More Popular Drug of Choice for Treatment of Tularemia
- Based on drug, the global tularemia therapeutics market can be divided into streptomycin, gentamycin, doxycycline, ciprofloxacin, and others
- Streptomycin is a more popular drug of choice for treatment of tularemia, due to high efficacy of this drug against the disease and its less side-effects
- Ciprofloxacin is likely to be a promising segment of the global market during the forecast period. Patients who cannot tolerate aminoglycosides have better option of ciprofloxacin. Also, this drug is recommended for use in the treatment of community-acquired pneumonia.
Ulceroglandular Tularemia Segment Dominates Global Market
- In terms of type, the global tularemia therapeutics market can be divided into ulceroglandular tularemia, glandular tularemia, oculoglandular tularemia, oropharyngeal tularemia, pneumonic tularemia, and others
- The ulceroglandular tularemia segment dominates the global market, due to high rate of incidence of this type of tularemia and its effective symptomatic relief by antibiotics
Online Pharmacies a More Promising Segment
- Based on distribution channel, the global tularemia therapeutics market can be classified into hospital pharmacies, retail pharmacies, and online pharmacies
- The retail pharmacies segment leads the global market, due to easy availability of branded as well as generic drugs and easy accessibility to retail pharmacies for patients
- Online pharmacies is likely to be a highly lucrative segment during the forecast period, owing to rising preference for online purchase by people and discounted rates of drugs offered by online stores
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Tularemia Therapeutics Market, Ask for a Customized Report
North America to Lead Global Market for Tularemia Therapeutics
- In terms of region, the global tularemia therapeutics market can be divided into: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America dominated the global tularemia therapeutics market in 2018, due to the large number of reported cases of tularemia, presence of bacterial strains in some parts of the region, and early adoption of treatment options in the region. For instance, as per the CDC data, a total of 55 cases of tularemia were reported in the Arkansas state of the U.S. alone in 2018, which is the maximum rate among all states.
- Asia Pacific is projected to be a highly lucrative market for tularemia therapeutics during the forecast period, owing to anticipated increase in the number of reported cases of tularemia in the next few years, better diagnosis of tularemia, and growing awareness about the disease and its treatment in the region
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Market
Key manufacturers operating in the global tularemia therapeutics market are:
- Pfizer Inc.
- GlaxoSmithKline plc
- Bayer AG
- Mylan N.V.
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
- Lupin Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
- Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Limited
- Apotex Inc.
- Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd.
Global Tularemia Therapeutics Market: Research Scope
Global Tularemia Therapeutics Market, by Drug
Global Tularemia Therapeutics Market, by Type
- Ulceroglandular Tularemia
- Glandular Tularemia
- Oculoglandular Tularemia
- Oropharyngeal Tularemia
- Pneumonic Tularemia
Global Tularemia Therapeutics Market, by End-user
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
- Online Pharmacies
Global Tularemia Therapeutics Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.