Tuberculosis Testing Market
Tuberculosis Testing Market (Test Type - Chest X-Ray, Culture Based Tests, IGRA, Mantoux Test (TST), Nucleic Acid Testing (NAT), Xpert Test, Serological Tests, and Smear Microscopy; End-User - Academics and Research, Hospitals Laboratories, Physician's Office Laboratories, and Reference Laboratories) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast 2019-2027
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest report on the global tuberculosis testing Market for the historical period 2017–2018 and forecast period 2019–2027, Increase in the case detection rate worldwide, Rise in the prevalence of drug-resistant tuberculosis infection, Improvement in bacteriological confirmation, Rise in awareness enabling proper management of the disease, Rising demand for improved and technologically advanced tuberculosis testing procedures and Tuberculosis awareness and control programs are projected to drive the global tuberculosis testing Market during the forecast period
- According to the report, the global tuberculosis testing Market was valued at US$ 2.5 Bn in 2018 and is anticipated to expand at a CAGR of 4.0% from 2019 to 2027
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Tuberculosis Testing Market
Increase in the case detection rate worldwide: Key Drivers
- Case detection rate (CDR) provides approximate indication of percentage of all incident cases of TB that are diagnosed with the help of recommended tests and notified to the national surveillance or the national tuberculosis program (NTP)
- CDR for a country is calculated as: the total number of new and relapse cases of tuberculosis that were notified ÷ the total number of incident cases estimated for the same year. CDR is expressed as a percentage. CDR is significant in order to know the percentage of incident TB patients that opt for diagnosis every year in a given country.
- A report titled as ‘Global Tuberculosis Report’ published by the WHO in 2015 stated that, around 10.4 million new (incident) TB cases estimated worldwide
Rise in the prevalence of drug-resistant tuberculosis infection Boost Market Growth
- Drug-resistant TB spreads through air-borne transmission. It is commonly acquired from a person with drug-resistant tuberculosis infection. It is often a result of misuse or mismanagement of drugs employed for the TB treatment.
- According to a WHO report, in 2016, six countries accounted for 60% of new TB cases viz. India, Indonesia, China, Nigeria, Pakistan, and South Africa
- Moreover, around 480,000 new tuberculosis cases reported were mostly multidrug-resistant TB (MDR-TB) cases and around 100,000 patients identified with rifampicin-resistant TB were also eligible for the treatment of MDR-TB
- This increases the demand for tuberculosis detection and drug susceptibility testing for proper management of susceptible as well as drug-resistant tuberculosis infection worldwide.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Challenges of Mantoux test to Hamper Market
- Mantoux TST is generally performed by intradermal injection, or injection of purified MTB (Mycobacterium tuberculae) protein or antigen derivative into the skin of the forearm to check for hypersensitivity. Mantoux TST is being considered a gold standard test for latent TB detection; however, its performance is limited by challenges in terms of specificity, sensitivity, and availability of TST antigens.
- A report published by the WHO (2017) titled ‘Unitaid TB Diagnostics Technology Landscape’ states that Mantoux test is limited by the patient’s age, immune status, and exposure to non-tuberculosis mycobacteria (NTM)
- Moreover, recent vaccination with Bacillus Calmette-Guérin (BCG) decreases the specificity of Mantoux test significantly, while cut-off for the test is another factor limiting the performance of the overall Mantoux test
- In addition to these challenges, shortage of supply of TST antigens has been reported in several countries. This is expected to hamper the global tuberculosis testing market during the forecast period.
Global tuberculosis testing Market: Competitive Landscape
- This report profiles major players in the global tuberculosis testing Market based on various attributes such as company overview, financial overview, product portfolio, business strategies, and recent developments
- The global tuberculosis testing Market is highly fragmented, with the presence of a number of international as well as regional players
- Leading players operating in the global tuberculosis testing Market are
- Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc.
- Alere, Inc.
- Dickinson and Company
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche AG
- LIONEX Diagnostics & Therapeutics GmbH
- Danaher Corporation
- Danaher Corporation
- Creative Diagnostics
- Hain Lifescience GmbH.
- Oxford Immunotec Ltd.
- Hologic, Inc.
- Akonni Biosystems, Inc.
- bioMerieux SA
- Epistem Ltd.
- among others
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Tuberculosis Testing Market
Global tuberculosis testing Market: Key Developments
Key players in the global tuberculosis testing Market are engaged in regulatory approvals, technologically advanced products, launch of new products, and acquisition & collaborative agreements with other companies. These strategies are likely to fuel the growth of the global tuberculosis testing Market. A few expansion strategies adopted by players operating in the global tuberculosis testing Market are:
- The Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc. offers wide range of product portfolio ranging from analytical instruments, automation, robotics, and life science research consumables to clinical diagnostics.
- The Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc., more than 40 products are being marketed exclusively for tuberculosis detection, diagnosis, isolation, and identification from a variety of samples such as blood, sputum, urine, tissue, and sterile body fluids
- By Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc., for instance, VersaTREK microbial detection system offered by company, enables fully automated detection of mycobacteria from all samples or specimens types. It is also possible to perform accurate Mycobacterium tuberculae susceptibility assays with the same system.
- Alere, Inc. focuses on enhancing its market presence in developing economies by setting up direct sales channels. In early 2015, the company set up a sales unit in India for effective product sales.
- Becton, Dickinson and Company launches innovative new products to expand its presence globally. The company conducts its research & development activities in North America, China, France, India, Ireland, and Singapore. It spent approximately US$ 828 Mn on research & development in 2016.
- BD offers a wide range of products for mycobacterial growth and testing requirements, as well as provides training, technical advice, and services from specimen collection to reporting.
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche AG is focused on developing new products for the treatment of cancer and respiratory diseases. The company constantly works on improving the product efficiency and patient care. The company has initiated new strategic programs for Africa.
- Lionex produces, preserves, authenticates, and distributes standard reference microorganisms, diagnostic kits, recombinant proteins, and other materials to public and private sectors and scientific research communities across the world.
The report on the global tuberculosis testing Market discussed individual strategies, followed by company profiles of manufacturers of tuberculosis testing Kits. The competitive landscape section has been included in the report to provide readers with a dashboard view and a company market share analysis of key players operating in the global tuberculosis testing Market.
Global Tuberculosis Testing Market - Scope of Report
TMR’s report on the global Tuberculosis Testing Market studies past as well as current growth trends and opportunities to gain valuable insights of these indicators of the market during the forecast period from 2019 to 2027. The report provides revenue of the global Tuberculosis Testing Market for the period 2017–2027, considering 2018 as the base year and 2027 as the forecast year. The report also provides the compound annual growth rate (CAGR) for the global Tuberculosis Testing Market during the forecast period.
The report has been prepared after an extensive primary and secondary research. Primary research involved bulk of research efforts, wherein analysts carried out interviews with industry leaders and opinion makers. Extensive secondary research involved referring to key players’ product literature, annual reports, press releases, and relevant documents to understand the global tuberculosis testing market.
Secondary research also included Internet sources, statistical data from government agencies, websites, company presentations, sales data, and trade associations. Analysts have employed a combination of top-down and bottom-up approaches to study various phenomenon in the global tuberculosis testing market.
The report includes an elaborate executive summary, along with a snapshot of the growth behavior of various segments included in the scope of the study. Furthermore, the report sheds light on the changing competitive dynamics in the global tuberculosis testing market. These indices serve as valuable tools for existing market players as well as for entities interested in entering the global tuberculosis testing market.
The report delves into the competitive landscape of the global tuberculosis testing market. Key players operating in the global Tuberculosis Testing Market have been identified, and each one of these has been profiled for distinguishing business attributes. Company overview, financial standings, recent developments, and SWOT are some of the attributes of players in the global Tuberculosis Testing Market that have been profiled in this report.
Key Questions Answered in Global Tuberculosis Testing Market Report
- What is the scope of growth of product companies in the global tuberculosis testing market?
- What will be the Y-o-Y growth of the global Tuberculosis Testing Market between 2019 and 2027?
- What is the influence of changing trends in technologies on the global tuberculosis testing market?
- Will North America continue to be the most profitable market for global tuberculosis testing providers?
- Which factors are anticipated to hamper the growth of the global Tuberculosis Testing Market during the forecast period?
- Which are the leading companies in the global tuberculosis testing market?
A unique research methodology has been utilized by TMR to conduct comprehensive research on the growth of the global Tuberculosis Testing Market and arrive at conclusions on its growth prospects. This research methodology is a combination of primary and secondary research, which helps analysts warrant the accuracy and reliability of the drawn conclusions.
Secondary methods referred to by analysts during the production of the global Tuberculosis Testing Market report include statistics from company annual reports, SEC filings, company websites, investor presentations, regulatory databases, government publications, and industry white papers. Analysts have also interviewed senior managers, product portfolio managers, CEOs, VPs, and market intelligence managers, who contributed to the production of TMR’s study on the Tuberculosis Testing Market as primary methods.
These primary and secondary methods have provided exclusive information during interviews, which serves as a validation from the Tuberculosis Testing Market leaders. Access to an extensive internal repository and external proprietary databases enabled this report to address specific details and questions about the global Tuberculosis Testing Market with accuracy. The study also uses the top-down approach to assess the revenues for each segment and the bottom-up approach to counter-validate them. This has helped in reaching TMR’s estimates on future prospects of the global Tuberculosis Testing Market more reliably and accurately.
Regional Segmentation of Tuberculosis Testing Market
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Global Tuberculosis Testing Market – Segmentation