Tuberculin Market – Overview
Tuberculin is a blend of proteins that are used for the diagnosis of tuberculosis. These proteins are also called as purified protein derivatives. A protein derived from the Mycobacterium tuberculosis is used for determining whether an individual has been affected with the tuberculosis virus via a skin test. The most commonly used method for determining the infection of tuberculosis is the tuberculin purified protein derivative (PPD). This purified protein derivative is injected in the patient’s skin and checked for result. The test is positive if the result is seen around the injection site.
To know the scope of our report Get a Brochure on Tuberculin Market
Tuberculin Market – Notable Developments
Some of the key developments in the global tuberculin market are given below:
- In October 2019, Thermo Fisher Scientific, a global leader in the tuberculin market, announced that the company has successfully taken over an active pharmaceutical ingredient (API) production facility from another pharma giant GlaxoSmithKline. The overall value of the deal is around 90 million euros. As per the new deal, around 400 employees of the GSK Manufacturing Site in Cork, Ireland, will now be a part of the pharma business of the Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
- In August 2019, Zoetis, another big name in the global tuberculin market announced that the company has successfully acquired Platinum Performance. This acquisition is expected to further bolster the product portfolio of Zoetis.
Tuberculin Market – Drivers and Restraints
There are multiple factors that influence the overall development of the global tuberculin market. One of the key driving factor for the growth of the global tuberculin market is the increasing prevalence of tuberculosis across the globe, particularly in the Asia Pacific region. In addition to this, growing health awareness among people is also helping in the development of the global tuberculin market.
Another key factor that has been driving the growth of the global tuberculin market is the growing activities of research and development. With the availability of increased funds and investments through both private as well as public sector, the global tuberculin market is expected to touch newer heights in the coming years of the forecast period. In addition to this, several health awareness campaigns set up by the governments across the globe are also helping to drive the growth of the global tuberculin market.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Tuberculin Market – Geographical Outlook
The global tuberculin market is divided into five key regions in terms of its geographical segments. These segments are North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa, Europe, and Asia Pacific. Of these, the tuberculin market in the Asia Pacific region is projected to witness a promising growth. The growth of the market is due to the presence of emerging economies such as India and China. Both of these countries are putting in heavy investments for the development of the healthcare infrastructure. This has given a major boost for the development of the tuberculin market in the region. Due to the growing investments and the openness of these nations, more and more leading companies in the global tuberculin market are trying to establish their operations in the region. This has also helped in the growth of the regional market.
On the other hand, the North America market is expected to witness a steady growth over the course of the given forecast period. With a developed healthcare infrastructure and awareness among people, the market is projected to undergo a steady development in the coming few years. The market has been currently dominated by the regional segment in terms of value and is expected to continue to do so during the forecast period.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.