Transparent Concrete: Introduction
- Concrete is one of the important building materials. It plays a vital role in the development of infrastructure. High-rise buildings and skyscrapers are largely built downtown in metropolitan areas around the world, especially in countries with high population, due to the economic development and space utilization requirements. The esthetic reputation of concrete leaves much to be desired despite its versatility and popularity. Transparent concrete is a building material with light transmissive properties owing to embedded light optical elements, which are usually optical fibers. It is also called translucent concrete.
- Aron Losonczi, a Hungary-based architect, first introduced the idea of light transmitting concrete in 2001. He then successfully produced the first transparent concrete block named LiTraCon in 2003. Transparent concrete is made up of light transmitting element, usually optical fibers and traditional concrete elements.
Key Drivers of Global Transparent Concrete Market
- Concrete is one of the key civil engineering materials with the advantages of rich raw materials, low cost, and simple production process. Optical fiber possesses good light guiding property, which can be arranged to transmit light and sunlight. Combining the advantages of concrete and optical fiber, light transmitting concrete is an ideal material for construction and sensing.
- Transparent concrete does not lose the strength parameter when compared to the traditional concrete. It possesses important characteristic of esthetics. It improves architectural appearance of a building. This new material has the potential to integrate self-sensing properties with the concept of green energy saving.
- Transparent concrete makes buildings energy efficient. It can help new buildings achieve energy saving goals. It can also be modified to improve the esthetics of a structure. These distinctive properties and growth of the building & construction industry are anticipated to drive the demand for transparent concrete in the near future.
Commercial Application Segment to Dominate Global Market
- Based on application, commercial was the prominent segment of the global market in terms of demand in 2020. The segment is anticipated to expand at a significant pace during the forecast period. Growth in urbanization, increase in spending power of consumers, rise in demand for esthetical and decorative buildings, and increase in need for energy conservation are boosting the demand for transparent concrete.
Global Transparent Concrete Market: Restraining Factors
- High cost and requirement of specific technical skills are the primary restraining factors of the global transparent concrete market. The transparent concrete market is still at the nascent stage. Extensive research & development activities are being carried out to commercialize the product for wide-scale applications.
COVID-19 Impact on Transparent Concrete Market
- The prevailing pandemic situation has adversely affected the demand for various materials used in the construction sector. The path to recovery of the sector is highly dependent on the duration of restrictions imposed and their influence on economic activities across the globe. Contrary to the trend prevalent in the industry in general, certain segments of the market such as transparent concrete are witnessing sluggish demand from various industries. This is likely to hamper the global transparent concrete market in the near future.
Asia Pacific to Hold Significant Share of Global Transparent Concrete Market
- In terms of region, the global transparent concrete market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is a promising region of the global transparent concrete market. Increase in demand for transparent concrete in commercial building such as banks, offices, and malls is expected to boost the market in the region in the near future.
- Transparent concrete has been used to enhance aesthetical looks of mosque and walls of banks in Middle East & Africa. The construction sector in the region is going through a phenomenal growth phase, with strong government support and large numbers of ongoing projects. Growth of the construction & infrastructure industry is likely to drive the demand for translucent concrete in the region in the near future.
- Saudi Arabia is a key country in Middle East & Africa. The focus of the country’s government is continuously shifting toward new avenues, such as residential and commercial construction, to reduce its dependence on the oil & gas sector. This is expected to boost the market for translucent concrete in Saudi Arabia in the near future.
- North America and Europe accounted for significant share of the global market in 2020 owing to the growth of the construction industry in these regions
Key Players Operating in Market
Manufacturers are adopting different strategies such as acquisition, merger, product launch, and partnerships. Key players operating in the global transparent concrete market include:
- Litracon Ltd
- LUCEM GmbH
- Dupont Lightstone
- CRE Panel GmbH
- LCT GesmbH
- Italcementi SpA
- Pan-United Corporation Ltd
- Beton Broz
- Glass Block Technology Limited
- Florack Bauunternehmung GmBH
Global Transparent Concrete Market: Research Scope
Global Transparent Concrete Market, by Application
Global Transparent Concrete Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.