Transformer Oil Treatment Plants Market: Introduction
- Transformer oil is majorly used as liquid insulation and dissipates transformer heat. More specifically, transformer oil is used as a coolant in transformers and as a means of arc suppression in circuit breakers.
- There are two common types of insulating oils: mineral oil and paraffinic oil. Transformer oil is either changed or treated. Oil treatment includes purification, recycling or restoration, and other operations.
- Proper treatment and upgrading of insulating fluid would result in improvement in properties of insulating media of power transformers
Is something restraining your company’s growth in the Transformer Oil Treatment Plants Market? Ask for the report brochure here
Key Drivers and Restrains of Global Transformer Oil Treatment Plants Market
- Increase in energy demand and number of smart grid distribution systems is expected to drive the demand for transformer oil. This is likely to fuel the growth of the transformer oil treatment plants market. In 2017, the global energy demand grew by 2.1%, twice the previous year’s rate.
- The transformer oil treatment plants market is also driven by factors such as rise in investments in renewable energy, such as wind energy, due to favorable government initiatives and policies. Policy interventions, such as Nationally Determined Contributions (NDCs) and Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) by several countries are creating demand for renewable energy worldwide.
- Low awareness about benefits of transformer oil treatment plants in developing countries may hamper the growth of the market
Utilities End-use Segment to Offer Attractive Opportunities
- The global transformer oil treatment plants market can be segmented based on type, end-use, and region
- In terms of type, the global transformer oil treatment plants market can be divided into single stage and double stage. The double stage segment is expected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period. Double stage includes two-stage degasification, two-stage filtration, along with high vacuum and low temperature of oil for achieving desired parameters required for purification of used transformer oil. However, single stage involves single step degasification to improve the desired parameters required for purification of used transformer oil.
- In terms of end-use, the global transformer oil treatment plants market can be segregated into utilities, power industry, and others. The utilities segment dominated the global transformer oil treatment plants market and is expected to grow at a high CAGR during the forecast period.
Asia Pacific to Hold Major Share of Global Transformer Oil Treatment Plants Market
- In terms of region, the global transformer oil treatment plants market can be classified into: North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific dominated the global transformer oil treatment plants market in 2018. This market in Asia Pacific is expected to grow at a prominent CAGR during the forecast period. Increase in energy demand following urbanization, economic modernization, and better living standards across the region has resulted in the growth of sustainable power systems, which, in turn, has increased the demand for transformer oil, thus driving the market in the region.
- China, Japan, Indonesia, and India are the leading countries that are witnessing rapid transformation with significant developments in infrastructure and grid expansion
- The transformer oil treatment plants market in North America and Europe is expected to grow significantly during the forecast period. These regions are upgrading and expanding their grids installations. Additionally, significant investments in renewable resources, such as wind farms and hydroelectric power, are also driving the transformer oil treatment plants market. The U.S. presently has more than 55,000 substations and over 450,000 miles of high-voltage transmission lines installed.
To Get a Bird’s Eye View of Transformer Oil Treatment Plants Market Forecast, Ask for a Custom Report
Key Players Operating in Global Transformer Oil Treatment Plants Market
The global transformer oil treatment plants market is highly concentrated with top manufacturers accounting for approximately 40%–45% share of the market. Key players operating in the global transformer oil treatment plants market include:
- ABB Ltd
- AVT Services
- Alfa Laval
- Enervac International ULC
- CbS Technologies Pvt. Ltd
- KONDIC d.o.o.
- Chongqing HOPU Filtration Plant Manufacture Co.,ltd
- Hering-VPT GmbH
- In November 2018, the HCS Group, a leading international supplier of solutions for high-value hydrocarbon specialties, announced the acquisition of Trafolube GmbH. The company specializes in recycling of transformer and turbine oils using ecologically sound processes at its production site in Duisburg, Germany.
Global Transformer Oil Treatment Plants Market: Research Scope
Global Transformer Oil Treatment Plants Market, by Oil Type
- Single Stage
- Double Stage
Global Transformer Oil Treatment Plants Market, by End-use
- Power Industry
Global Transformer Oil treatment plants Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.