Transdermal Drug Delivery Systems: Introduction
- Transdermal is a route of administration, wherein drugs are administered through the skin to achieve systemic distribution
- Recent advancements in transdermal route of administration such as ultrasound waves, laser, and microneedle patches for efficient penetration of the dermis layer of the skin drive the global transdermal drug delivery systems market
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Transdermal Drug Delivery Systems Market
- Demand for novel techniques with low dose and less dosing frequency of drugs is increasing rapidly. Nanotechnology in the field of drug delivery is one of the advanced methods of drug delivery. Magneto electric nanoparticles are useful for controlled drug delivery and release.
- These magneto electric nanoparticles (MENs) work on two techniques: interaction of drug loaded MENs with cellular structure of body and interaction of MENs with drugs
- The formal health care systems are overburdened. Patients being discharged from health care services such as hospitals and clinics still need observation. Hence, both professional caregivers and laypersons are using several types of equipment or devices, some of these composite, in non-institutional settings to control personal health, support others, or take support of health organization. These equipment offer support in several health conditions such as chronic and acute diseases and help in prevention of diseases.
- Demand for automated drug delivery systems has increased. Automated drug delivery systems eliminate the manual dosing process. For instance, Logiq wireless solutions is a remotely controlled transdermal drug delivery device. These factors are projected to drive the global transdermal drug delivery systems market.
Diabetes Application Segment to Lead Global Market
- The global transdermal drug delivery systems market can be segmented based on application, end-user, and region
- In terms of application, the global transdermal drug delivery systems market can be divided into infectious diseases, oncology, ophthalmology, urology, diabetes, CNS, and others. Novel drug products are anticipated have a positive impact on the global transdermal drug delivery system market in the near future. Long-term action and high efficacy of these drugs are likely to drive the market in the next few years.
- Based on end-user, the global transdermal drug delivery systems market can be classified into hospitals, specialty clinics, and home care settings.
Asia Pacific to a Lucrative Region for the Market
- The global transdermal drug delivery systems market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. Major drivers of the market in Asia Pacific are increase in incidence of chronic and acute diseases, surge in awareness enabling proper management of diseases, and rise in demand for improved and technologically advanced drugs and devices. Additionally, awareness about available advanced medication & devices and government support for the management and treatment of diseases propel the global drug delivery systems market.
- Rise in prevalence of several diseases in countries drives the market in Asia Pacific. According to WHO report (2016), around 13% of total deaths in India is caused by respiratory diseases
Key Players Operating in Global Transdermal Drug Delivery Systems Market
Leading players in the global transdermal drug delivery systems market are:
- Novartis AG
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd.
- Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc.
- Becton, Dickinson and Company
Global Transdermal Drug Delivery Systems Market: Research Scope
Global Transdermal Drug Delivery Systems Market, by Application
- Infectious Diseases
Global Transdermal Drug Delivery Systems Market, by End-user
- Specialty Clinics
- Home Care Settings
Global Transdermal Drug Delivery Systems Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.