Train Contactor: Introduction
- Train contactor is an electronic device used in railroad vehicles for various types of rolling stock applications such as braking, air conditioning, ventilator, lighting, heating, and door control. Train contactors are used to increase the security of the electronic assembly in any rolling stock vehicle or for the railways.
- Train contactors are mostly of two types: AC train contactors and DC train contactors. Both types of contractors can be installed in any environment including driver or passenger cabins, urban or main line trains, underground trains, or trams circulating frequently in tunnels or underground passages.
- Train contactors provide numerous benefits to the whole power system of the railway such as reduced train energy consumption, which in turn enables accurate and proper power management for rolling stock vehicles.
- The global train contactor market is anticipated to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period owing to the increase in demand for train contactors from different applications of the railway industry.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Global Train Contactor Market: Dynamics
Global Train Contactor Market: Key Drivers and Restraints
- Technological and functional advancement in train contactors are estimated to boost the demand for train contactors during the forecast period.
- Extensive developments in railways will push the need for technologically advanced and high efficiency train contactors for braking, air conditioning, ventilator, lighting, heating, and door control, which is expected to influence the demand for train contactors.
- Increasing government initiatives encouraging fast track railway infrastructure construction along with increase in the train passenger ratio globally are some of the major factors expected to fuel the train contactor market during the forecast period.
- Train manufacturers are moving toward increased use of train contactors to meet the rising demand to reduce the weight of the entire electric assembly. Train contactors provide proper weight optimization, which in turn is estimated to boost the demand for train contactors globally.
- The need to reduce the mechanical strain on trains and provide a relaxed ride in passenger and freight trains is expected to boost the demand for train contactors across the globe.
- Increasing automation in the transportation industry is estimated to boost the demand for train contactors during the forecast period.
- The high initial cost incurred on the complete installation of train contactors assembly is anticipated to adversely impact the market.
- The complete assembly of train contactors necessitates proper maintenance and timely servicing in order to achieve optimum operation of train contactors; hence, additional servicing and maintenance cost might hamper the growth of the train contactor market.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape , ask for a customized report
Asia Pacific to Account for Major Share of the Global Train Contactor Market
- In terms of region, the global train contactor market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and Middle East & Africa.
- North America is anticipated to witness a healthy and stable growth in the train contactor market due to the stringent security measures and well-developed railway network.
- Asia Pacific is expected to the leading consumer of train contactors during the forecast period, followed by North America and Europe. This is primarily due to the continuously increasing railway network and inclination of passengers toward railways in the region. China and India are key countries in the train contactor market in the region; railway authorities and governments of these countries are energetically involved in the improvement of the railway network in these countries.
Global Train Contactor Market: Competitive Landscape
Key Players Operating in the Global Train Contactor Market
Numerous local, regional, and international players operate in the train contactor market. Hence, the market is fairly fragmented. Manufacturers of train contactors are focused on new product development to cater to the needs of various end-users. Key players operating in the global train contactor market are:
- ABB Group
- Alstom SA
- Crouzet Automatismes
- Legrand Pvt Ltd
- Lionel Train Contactor
- Schneider Electric SE
- Sécheron Hasler Group
- Sensata Technologies, Inc.
- Siemens AG
- Telema SpA
- The Schaltbau Group
- Wabtec Corporation
Global Train Contactor Market: Research Scope
Global Train Contactor Market Segmentation, by Type
- AC Train Contactors
- DC Train Contactors
Global Train Contactor Market Segmentation, by Application
- Passenger Trains
- Freight Trains
Global Train Contactor Market Segmentation, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.