Tourniquet Cuffs Market: Introduction
- Tourniquets are majorly employed in orthopedic and plastic surgeries related to limbs. The main purpose of the tourniquet cuff is to restrict arterial blood flow to a limb extremity, by application of uniform circumferential pressure around the extremity at a desired location.
- Tourniquet cuff consists of an inflatable bladder with pneumatic connections (ports), contact closures, and a stabilizer. In the U.S., these devices are regulated as Class I medical devices by the U.S. FDA.
- Personalized tourniquet cuffs are designed to match a patient’s requirements, such as his limb shape and size in order to provide efficient application of cuff pressure to the limb, enabling lower and safer tourniquet pressures to be used
- For the selection of personalized tourniquet cuff, size, shape, number of ports & bladders, reusability, and stabilizer are considered. Furthermore, personalized tourniquet cuffs are accompanied by limb protection sleeves enabling the minimization of skin bruising and pinching.
Get a Glimpse of the In-Depth Analysis through our Comprehensive Tourniquet Cuffs Market Brochure
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Tourniquet Cuffs Market
- Rising prevalence of lower limb injuries aids in the growth of the global tourniquet cuffs market. These include lower limb injuries, ankle sprains, shoulder dislocation, and scaphoid fracture, among others. Furthermore, increase in the incidence of road accidents and falls contributes to the surge in demand for tourniquet cuffs, aiding in the growth of the market. According to the Population Reference Bureau, over 50 million people are injured annually in road accidents, occupying over 50% of the orthopedic beds in the hospitals of developing countries.
- Increasing demand for joint replacement surgeries creates a demand for tourniquet cuffs, propelling the growth of the market. According to the American Joint Replacement Registry, annually, over one million total joint arthroplasty procedures are performed. Furthermore, this number is anticipated to increase to nearly four million by 2030.
- Population aged over 65 years is known to increase significantly over the years and is expected to account for over 16.7% of the total population by 2050, according to the U.S. Census Bureau. Geriatric population is more prone to falls and accidents, and their rising population is likely to boost the growth of the global tourniquet cuffs market.
- Dearth of trained physicians and risk of infection associated with the usage of tourniquet cuffs are leading to their lower adoption rate. This factor is anticipated to hamper the growth of the global tourniquet cuffs market.
North America to Lead Global Tourniquet Cuffs Market
- In terms of region, the global tourniquet cuffs market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America dominated the global tourniquet cuffs market, owing to increasing traumatic orthopedic injuries, a well-established healthcare system offering effective treatment, increasing road accidents, and rise in the number of emergency procedures, among others
- Europe was the second largest market for tourniquet cuffs in 2018, followed by Asia Pacific. Asia Pacific is projected to be the rapidly growing market for tourniquet cuffs, followed by Latin America and Middle East & Africa. Rise in the number of hospitals, growth in geriatric population, increase in the number of joint replacement surgeries, and presence of global market players, among others, contribute to the expansion of the tourniquet cuffs market in Asia Pacific.
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Tourniquet Cuffs Market Report
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Tourniquet Cuffs Market
Leading players in the global tourniquet cuffs market are:
- Stryker Corporation
- Zimmer Biomet Holdings, Inc.
- Delfi Medical Innovation, Inc.
- ulrich Medical
Global Tourniquet Cuffs Market: Research Scope
Global Tourniquet Cuffs Market, by Type
Global Tourniquet Cuffs Market, by Application
- Arm Cuffs
- Leg Cuffs
Global Tourniquet Cuffs Market, by End-user
Global Tourniquet Cuffs Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.