Tourniquet Cuffs Market: Introduction
- Tourniquets are majorly employed in orthopedic and plastic surgeries related to limbs. The main purpose of the tourniquet cuff is to restrict arterial blood flow to a limb extremity, by application of uniform circumferential pressure around the extremity at a desired location.
- Tourniquet cuff consists of an inflatable bladder with pneumatic connections (ports), contact closures, and a stabilizer. In the U.S., these devices are regulated as Class I medical devices by the U.S. FDA.
- Personalized tourniquet cuffs are designed to match a patient’s requirements, such as his limb shape and size in order to provide efficient application of cuff pressure to the limb, enabling lower and safer tourniquet pressures to be used
- For the selection of personalized tourniquet cuff, size, shape, number of ports & bladders, reusability, and stabilizer are considered. Furthermore, personalized tourniquet cuffs are accompanied by limb protection sleeves enabling the minimization of skin bruising and pinching.
Get a Glimpse of the In-Depth Analysis through our Comprehensive Tourniquet Cuffs Market Brochure
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Tourniquet Cuffs Market
- Rising prevalence of lower limb injuries aids in the growth of the global tourniquet cuffs market. These include lower limb injuries, ankle sprains, shoulder dislocation, and scaphoid fracture, among others. Furthermore, increase in the incidence of road accidents and falls contributes to the surge in demand for tourniquet cuffs, aiding in the growth of the market. According to the Population Reference Bureau, over 50 million people are injured annually in road accidents, occupying over 50% of the orthopedic beds in the hospitals of developing countries.
- Increasing demand for joint replacement surgeries creates a demand for tourniquet cuffs, propelling the growth of the market. According to the American Joint Replacement Registry, annually, over one million total joint arthroplasty procedures are performed. Furthermore, this number is anticipated to increase to nearly four million by 2030.
- Population aged over 65 years is known to increase significantly over the years and is expected to account for over 16.7% of the total population by 2050, according to the U.S. Census Bureau. Geriatric population is more prone to falls and accidents, and their rising population is likely to boost the growth of the global tourniquet cuffs market.
- Dearth of trained physicians and risk of infection associated with the usage of tourniquet cuffs are leading to their lower adoption rate. This factor is anticipated to hamper the growth of the global tourniquet cuffs market.
North America to Lead Global Tourniquet Cuffs Market
- In terms of region, the global tourniquet cuffs market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America dominated the global tourniquet cuffs market, owing to increasing traumatic orthopedic injuries, a well-established healthcare system offering effective treatment, increasing road accidents, and rise in the number of emergency procedures, among others
- Europe was the second largest market for tourniquet cuffs in 2018, followed by Asia Pacific. Asia Pacific is projected to be the rapidly growing market for tourniquet cuffs, followed by Latin America and Middle East & Africa. Rise in the number of hospitals, growth in geriatric population, increase in the number of joint replacement surgeries, and presence of global market players, among others, contribute to the expansion of the tourniquet cuffs market in Asia Pacific.
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Tourniquet Cuffs Market Report
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Tourniquet Cuffs Market
Leading players in the global tourniquet cuffs market are:
- Stryker Corporation
- Zimmer Biomet Holdings, Inc.
- Delfi Medical Innovation, Inc.
- ulrich Medical
Global Tourniquet Cuffs Market: Research Scope
Global Tourniquet Cuffs Market, by Type
Global Tourniquet Cuffs Market, by Application
- Arm Cuffs
- Leg Cuffs
Global Tourniquet Cuffs Market, by End-user
Global Tourniquet Cuffs Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.