Topical Wound Agents: Introduction
- Topical wound agents are medical preparations used to treat dermatological injuries. Topical wound agents are primarily formulated into creams, emulsions, oils, sprays, and others. Different type of agents are used for treatment of acute and chronic wounds. These agents are essentially used to control pain, inflammation, and infection.
- Topical wound agents include antiseptics, antibiotics, and non-steroidal anti-inflammatory agents. Antibiotics are agents, which help to kill or inhibit the growth of microorganisms. Antiseptics and disinfectants are primarily used to control infection and NSAIDs used for pain management.
- Topical wound agents are available in various forms such as creams, powders, lotions, gels, emulsions, and others
Key Drivers of Global Topical Wound Agents Market
- Rise in prevalence of chronic wounds and increase in health care expenditure are projected to boost the growth of the global topical wound agents market during the forecast period. Chronic wounds include diabetic foot ulcer, pressure ulcer, and venous leg ulcer. Surge in the number of patients with diabetic foot ulcer and pressure ulcer boosts the growth of the global topical wound agents market. According to the American Diabetes Association, the lifetime risk of foot ulcer in patients with diabetes (type 1 or 2) could be as high as 34%. The global annual incidence rate of diabetic foot ulcer is 6.3%.
- Increase in government initiatives and rise in awareness about wound infections among the general population fuel the growth of the global topical wounds agents market. Moreover, surge in health care funding and improving health care facilities contribute to the growth of the global topical wound agents market.
Are you a Start-up willing to make it Big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Topical Wound Agents Market Report
Topical Gel Segment to Witness High Demand
- In terms of product type, the global topical wound agents market can be classified into creams, gels, powders, emulsions, and others
- The topical gel segment accounted for the largest share of the global topical wound agents market in 2019. The segment is projected to dominate the global topical wound agents market due to increase in use of topical gels in the treatment of burns and surgical bruises. Topical gels contain hydrogel, which helps in rapidly cooling wounds and relieving pain. Topical gels also provide adequate moisture to wounds and offer potential resistance against contamination.
Acute Wounds Segment to Witness Significant Growth
- Based on application, the global topical wound agents market can be divided into acute wounds and chronic wounds. The acute wounds segment can be segregated into surgical & traumatic wounds and burns. The chronic wounds segment can be split into diabetic foot ulcer, pressure ulcer, venous leg ulcer, and others.
- Acute wounds was the largest segment in terms of revenue in 2019. The segment is anticipated to witness strong growth during the forecast period. This can be attributed to high incidence rate of surgical & traumatic wounds and burns. According to the World Health Organization, in India, over 1,000,000 people are moderately or severely burnt every year and nearly 173,000 children in Bangladesh are moderately or severely burnt every year.
Hospital Pharmacies to be Most Promising Segment
- In terms of distribution channel, the global topical wound agents market can be categorized into hospital pharmacies, retail pharmacies, and online pharmacies. Hospital pharmacies was the largest segment in terms of revenue in 2019. The segment is anticipated to witness strong growth during the forecast period due to increase in number of patients with acute and chronic wounds who require hospital visit.
Stuck in a Neck-to-Neck Competition with Other Brands? Request a Custom Report on “Topical Wound Agents Market” here
North America to Dominate Global Topical Wound Agents Market
- In terms of region, the global topical wound agents market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America dominated the global topical wound agents market in 2019 and the trend is expected to continue during the forecast period. The region has large number of patients with burns, diabetic foot ulcers, and pressure ulcers. Moreover, early adoption of new products and presence of major manufacturers are likely to boost the growth of the topical wound agents market in North America.
- The market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand at the highest CAGR during the forecast period, owing to increase in new product launches and rise in demand for topical wound agents in emerging countries such as India and China.
Key Players Operating in Global Topical Wound Agents Market
The global topical wound agents market was highly fragmented in 2019. Leading players operating in the global market are:
- Smith & Nephew plc
- Teva Pharmaceuticals USA, Inc.
- Mölnlycke Health Care AB
- Novartis AG
- Pfizer, Inc.
- Johnson & Johnson
- Mylan N.V.
- AstraZeneca plc
Global Topical Wound Agents Market: Research Scope
Global Topical Wound Agents Market, by Product Type
Global Topical Wound Agents Market, by Application
- Acute Wound
- Surgical & Traumatic Wound
- Chronic Wound
- Diabetic Foot Ulcer
- Pressure Ulcer
- Venous Leg Ulcer
Global Topical Wound Agents Market, by Distribution Channel
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
- Online Pharmacies
Global Topical Wound Agents Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This upcoming business intelligence report is intended to be a one-stop market research solution to guide organizations in taking timely and effective decisions for their business growth. The ongoing study is the culmination of our deep expertise on data science methods, combined with an unparalleled understanding of the external environment and analysis of the industries. Each of the reports by TMR aims at offering a detailed scrutiny of the value chain of our current and prospective customers, takes them from identifying value propositions, and subsequently assist their business executives to implement right strategies to create customer value. We believe that creating and sustaining the customer value is the key pivot on which business executives can create profits for their organizations and increase the market shares, continuously and with sustainability.
Each of our touchpoints through which we engage with the organization/enterprise during the primary research enables us to understand the internal environment it operates in and the ways in which the external environment influences its growth.
Always Evolving with Competition
Excellence is built into the DNA of TMR, and all our teams work collaboratively and committedly toward achieving that in whatever they do. From the very first interaction our teams of research analysts have with any interested market participant to the final preparation processes in each of our reports reflects a rigorous understanding of the dynamic industry environment that businesses operate in.
We relentlessly work to be a differentiator in whatever we do in the current era of hypercompetitive global environment. The result of our unceasing focus on excellence is reflected clearly in the insights and guidance we offer to our customers in order to empower them to create brand equity. Our simple yet very powerful underpinning for navigating the competition is to always keep evolving with changing business environments. Our close-kinit team of research analysts not only believe in this simple philosophy but also implement the same.
Constantly Innovating Our Research Methodologies and Models
We do not limit with any specific market research tool or one standard approach for obtaining or analyzing data. Undoubtedly, our report making process is ever-evolving to meet the customer needs and demands supported broadly by a vast knowledge of data science methods that we combine with business acumen our teams have built upon for several years. Evidently, our primary and secondary research data about customers and consumers have shown that we can go to any lengths to obtain them. This is followed by applying next-gen automation tools integrated with human judgement to clear the clutter, ascertain the most relevant and recent qualitative and quantitative insights, and package them in digestible chunks in our reports for our customers.
We Take Pride in No-One-Size-Fits-All Approach
Over the past several years, we have been conducting market intelligence studies across all industries for all types of organizations — big and small, profit and not-for-profit, and Fortune 500 and Unicorns, as we believe that a sound decision making must be based on no-one-size-fits-all approach. Without doubt, each of the organizations regardless of the industry they are in are affected differently by changes in political, economic, socio-culture, legal, ecological, and legal environments. The research models and the value chain analysis process that our analysts employ for conducting the study uphold this approach.
We look at myriad components of internal and external business environment affecting the growth strategies of organizations. Some of the broader aspects that we focus on are:
- Our team of Analysts and Support Teams always strive to see the bigger picture in life cycle stages of any industry
- The Teams focus on obtaining valuable insights into different models of competitive advantage while making an internal environment analysis
- They keep on modifying the value chain analysis processes of organizations to understand on how customer value is created
Some areas of assessing market dynamics that are used in the research models and methodologies adopted by our analysts can be summarized as:
- Corporate and business strategies underlying new brand positioning strategies
- Mapping for strategic planning for business units
- Various metrics for business portfolio analysis, including BCG matrix
- Value chain analysis
These will help create and sustain competitive advantage for our prospects and current customers.
Key focus areas and agenda that underpin and catalyze our primary and secondary research initiatives and endeavors are:
- What are some of the core competencies and distinctive competencies of new entrants and established players in the industry we are analyzing?
- What are some of the branding opportunities that are emerging at a rapid pace?
- What are the major competitive forces and elements of external environment shaping the industry life cycle stages of most organizations?
- Why some competitive strategies are popular than others among leaders in a certain market?
- What customer-based brand equity strategies companies have leveraged in a certain industry or set of related industries in a sector?
- What are some of the key pricing strategies that companies in an industry are implementing for marketing their products internationally?
- Identifying whether market-push or market-pull strategies are more relevant to a certain product or a service?
Disclaimer: This ongoing market research study is a meticulously planned activity where a broad array of factors and aspects that shape the marketing environment and industry are taken into account. However, keeping in mind the constantly changing nature of business dynamics and changing strategic intents, we are always actively making iterations and modifications in our approaches. As always, we are ready to tailor our insights and guidance to suit your requirements. Engage with us to know what more is there for your CXOs.