Global Toilet Rolls Market: Introduction
Toilet rolls have become commonplace at homes and institutions alike, even in developing countries. Demand for toilet rolls is expected to increase in developing countries, which are expected to record stunning growth in the number of households and workplaces over the next decade. Manufacturers of toilet rolls are expected to move their focus on the Asia Pacific region, which has surpassed North America and Western Europe toilet rolls market in terms of size. The increasing demand for toilet rolls is directly associated with growth in startups, and retail outlets triggered by urbanization. This is more prominent in developing countries. For instance, India is home to a large number of startups – the number is expected to lie between 7000-8000. The country has witnessed rapid urbanization in the past decade, and is expected to continue the same momentum during the next ten years. Similarly, the growing urbanization has attracted many foreign rood retail brands to invest in the country. The outlook for growth of the global toilet rolls market is expected to remain positive during the forecast period
Global Toilet Rolls Market: Dynamics
The global toilet rolls market is expected to be majorly driven by improvement in standard of living, especially in developing countries. Manufacturers of toilet rolls looking to expand market presence into these companies are expected to increase production capacity to cater to growing demand. Growth in regions such as Europe and North America is expected to modest, as there is low population growth, However, changes are expected in the form of varying degrees of toilet rolls’ market penetration. Increasing awareness regarding personal hygiene is also expected to be a key contributor to growth of the toilet rolls market, giving tremendous boost to the growing customer-base. Growth in the retail sector will encourage growth in demand for toilet rolls, supported by increasing footfall especially in retail centers like supermarkets and shopping malls. Public places such as airports and railway stations are also key revenue generators for the toilet rolls market. Therefore, infrastructure development will have a critical role to play in growth of the toilet rolls market.
Global Toilet Rolls Market: Segmentation
The global toilet rolls market has been segmented as follows –
On the basis of end use, the global toilet rolls market has been segmented as –
- Schools and other educational institutions
- Government agencies
- Public Places
- Railway Stations
- Mass Transport
On the basis of toilet paper type, the global toilet rolls market has been segmented as –
- Low grade (one ply) toilet paper
- Mid-grade (two ply) toilet paper
- Premium toilet paper
Global Toilet Rolls Market: Geographical Outlook
The Asia Pacific toilet rolls market has emerged in the leading position in terms of market size. China and India have been key contributors to market growth in the last decade, and are expected to continue the momentum of growth in the coming years. The Western Europe and North America region will witness sluggish growth in the toilet rolls market. However, regions with conflicts, such as the Middle East, and Eastern Europe are expected to represent high growth opportunities for the toilet rolls market. In terms of market size, countries such as Germany, France, and the U.K. will remain at the top in terms of These regions are expected to witness increase in investment over the next few years. Countries in Africa will also record growth in demand for toilet rolls during the next decade, with the key market drivers being – improvement in living standards, increasing awareness towards personal hygiene, and change in lifestyle.
Global Toilet Rolls Market: Key Players
Some of the key players operating in the global toilet rolls market are -
- Zhucheng Lizhou Paper Co., Ltd.
- Lianyungang Eternity International Trading Co., Ltd.
- Ulive International Ltd.
- Quanzhou Yaosheng Paper Co., Ltd.
- Georgia-Pacific (Koch Industries)
- Kimberley Clark
- Procter & Gamble
- Tesco Value Toilet Paper
- Traidcraft Toilet Tissue,
- Velvet Toilet Tissue
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.