Tissue Sectioning Devices: Introduction
- Tissue sections from organs were prepared by hand with knives or razor blades at the beginning of histology. Adequate quality depended on ability and experience; however, the method of cutting was far from reproducible. Mechanical instruments used to cut biological specimens into very thin segments for microscopic examination are tissue sectioning devices. It is possible to present biological specimens in several ways.
- Increasing prevalence of chronic diseases and cancers is a key factor driving the demand for histopathology tests, as a tissue pathology examination is of utmost importance for the diagnosis of a malignant tumor. Cancer is recognized as a leading cause of death globally. Biopsy tissue analysis enables pathologists to determine the type, stage, and degree of cancer in which the disease has invaded healthy tissues. This has led to an increased adoption of tissue sectioning, staining instruments, and histopathology, which in turn has propelled the market.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Tissue Sectioning Devices Market
- Growth of personalized therapeutics and diagnostics to boost market
- Personalized medicine has become the hallmark of treatment for cancer and has expanded to other fields with its application. It is a constantly emerging approach to customizing therapies based on patients' individual genetic accumulation. Increased adoption of personalized medicine has led to an increase in demand for the use of human tissue, as the field relies on the use of human tissue to develop innovative tests.
- Organizations such as the National Cervical Cancer Coalition, the World Health Organization (WHO), the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and the United States are developing awareness programs. Establishment of the Preventive Services Task Force (USPSTF) for cancer screening is a crucial factor driving the market. Efforts by major market players to undertake awareness-raising initiatives to screen for cervical and vaginal cancer are expected to boost the market.
- For instance, the National Health Service (NHS) provides cervical screening services in the U.K. for all women between the ages of 25 and 64 years. In general, women aged 25 to 49 years are screened every three years, while women aged 50 to 64 years are screened every five years. The Norwegian Cervical Cancer Screening Program (NCCSP) was introduced by the Government of Norway to screen women between the ages of 25 and 69 every three years.
Hydrogen Peroxide Tissue Sectioning Devices Segment to Dominate Global Market
- In terms of products, the global tissue sectioning devices market can be classified into rotary microtome, sliding microtome, ultramicrotome, cryostat, and others
- Advanced microtome versions can accurately cut tissue blocks with a thickness ranging from 0.1 to 100 μm. These devices, such as sliding, rotating, freezing, ultra, and laser microtomes, are available in various forms. Therefore, availability of a wide range of products to serve different purposes in pathology laboratories is expected to drive the segment.
- Based on technology, the global tissue sectioning devices market can be divided into automatic, semiautomatic, and manual
- In terms of applications, the global tissue sectioning devices market can be divided into diagnosis, and research
- Based on end-user, the global tissue sectioning devices market can be classified into hospital, clinics, diagnostic laboratories, and research centers
North America to Dominate Global Tissue Sectioning Devices Market
- In terms of region, the global tissue sectioning devices market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America accounted for a major share of the global tissue sectioning market, in terms of revenue, due to advanced healthcare infrastructure, increased investment in tissue diagnostics by public and private sectors, and high rate of adoption of fully automated technologically advanced products in the region. Increase in prevalence of cancer in North America is boosting the demand for cancer diagnostic biopsies, leading to an increased demand for tissue sectioning equipment.
- The market in Asia Pacific is estimated to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period. Presence of a large target population, high unmet clinical needs, coupled with increasing R&D activities for advanced diagnostic techniques are projected to further boost the market in the region. Furthermore, improvement in healthcare infrastructure and an increase in healthcare expenditure are expected to provide key producers significant opportunities.
Leading Players Operating in Global Tissue Sectioning Devices Market
The global tissue sectioning devices market was highly fragmented in 2019. Key players operating in the global tissue sectioning devices market are:
- AGD Biomedicals (P) Ltd.
- Amos Scientific Pty Ltd
- Boeckeler Instruments, Inc.
- Covance Inc.
- Danaher Corporation
- LLS ROWIAK LaserLabSolutions GmbH
- MEDITE GmbH
- Sakura Finetek Japan, Co., Ltd.
- SLEE medical GmbH
- SM Scientific Instruments Pvt. Ltd.
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
Global Tissue Sectioning Devices Market: Research Scope
Global Tissue Sectioning Devices Market, by Product
- Rotary Microtome
- Sliding Microtome
Global Tissue Sectioning Devices Market, by Technology
Global Tissue Sectioning Devices Market, by Application
Global Tissue Sectioning Devices Market, by End-use
- Diagnostic Laboratories
- Research Centers
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.