Tissue Paper Market
Tissue Paper Market (Ply: 1-Ply, 2-Ply, 3-Ply and Above; Tissue Grade: Up to 20 GSM, 21 GSM to 40 GSM, Above 40 GSM; Application: Facial Tissues, Napkins, Towels, Bath and Toilet Tissues, Wrapping Tissues, Hygiene Tissues (Medical Tissues & Wipes); Material Source: Virgin Pulp, Recycled Pulp; End Use: Residential, Commercial (Hotels, Offices, Malls and Multiplexes, Hospitals, Schools and Colleges, Airlines and Railways, Others)) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast 2019 - 2027
Press Release :
Tissue Paper Market - Snapshot
Tissue paper refers to a light crepe paper or lightweight paper. Tissue papers can be produced from both recycled and virgin paper pulp. The main characteristics of tissue paper comprise comfort, appearance, stretch, brightness, thickness, basis weight, absorbency, and strength. Such utilities are projected to amplify growth of the global tissue paper market in the years to come.
There are many products made from tissue paper such as toilet paper. It plays a very important role in the life of people these days. Toilet paper add to
- improved hygiene
Products made from tissue paper are engineered to offer excellent absorbency, softness, ultra-light weight, and strength.
Growth of the Hotel Industry to Spell Growth of the Market
The growth of the global tissue paper market is estimated to be influenced by the expansion of the tourism and hospitality industries. With the rise in the number of individuals travelling across the world, the tourism industry is likely to witness considerable growth in the years to come. This, in turn, is estimated to drive the business of hotel industry. With the growth off the hotel industry, the demand for tissue paper is predicted to rise. This factor is likely to propel growth of the global tissue paper market in the years to come.
The demand within the global tissue paper market is growing on account of advancements in the domain of residential utilities. Use of tissue paper in households and restaurants has increased by a dramatic chase in recent times. The presence of a seamless sector that focuses on manufacturing household utilities has generated humongous demand within the global tissue paper market. In recent times, tissue papers have become an important commodity that is used for cleaning, wiping, and cooking applications. Furthermore, use of tissue papers to substitute wiping and cleaning cloth has also given a thrust to market growth. The revenue index of the global tissue paper market is expected to improve in the years to follow.
- The medical and healthcare industries recommend the use of tissue papers instead of cloth wipes. Tissue papers can be easily disposed, and are more hygienic as against cloth towels. In recent times, the use of tissue papers in infants has increased by a noticeable margin. In addition to this, these tissues papers are also used to disinfect surfaces made of wood, glass, and metal. Soaking tissue papers in disinfecting liquids helps in easily cleaning surfaces in houses and other areas. In addition to this, wet tissue papers can be used to clean the face and hands. Wet tissues are in great demand, and have become a part of the cosmetics industry.
- The outbreak of Covid-19 led to a surge in demand for tissue papers. The use of these papers to disinfect and clean home surfaces is the basis for this increased demand. Moreover, medical experts recommend the use of tissue papers instead of cloth towels. The latter are more prone to spreading infections due to repeated use. Disposable paper towels are also extensively used by men and women. Easy-to-carry tissue paper boxes have become an important part of the market.
Value-added Benefits Drive Market Growth for Tissue Paper Products
Value-added benefits are a staple in the tissue paper landscape that help drive market value growth. Manufacturers introduce a range of value-added benefits such as ingredients in products, pursuing innovations and improved functionality in tissue-based products. Additional ingredients in products such as toilet paper and facial tissues include fragrances, disinfectants, as well as essential oils, so as to provide gentleness on the skin.
Stakeholders are driving demand for tissue paper-based products by providing lucrative product offerings such as limited edition toilet paper ingrained with scents of rare blossoms. Since facial tissue is anticipated to account for ~24% of the market value share by the end of 2019, manufacturers are introducing innovative product lines such as facial tissues with almond oil, aloe vera extracts, and antibacterial ingredients to prevent the spread of bacteria.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Tissue Paper Market
Innovative Packaging and Environment-friendly Strategies to Tackle Market Competition
Since the tissue paper landscape is moderately fragmented, it is easy for small- and medium-scale manufacturers to enter the market. In the highly competitive landscape of the tissue paper market, consumers are likely to base their purchase decisions according to the price of the product. As such, stakeholders are overcoming the price barrier of tissue-based products with innovative packaging solutions to increase the attractiveness of tissue products and make them stand out in the crowded store shelves.
Stakeholders are collaborating with design labs to create attention-grabbing designs that give a strong reason to the consumers to choose their brand over product loyalty. Also, transparency of information to highlight product features and benefits in a clear and uniform manner go a long way in developing an effective sales strategy. For instance, in June 2019, Sofidel - a leading Italian producer of tissue paper, announced the launch of new paper packaging for Rotoloni Regina Eco - Sofidel Regina’s toilet paper product, as well as for Regina Mit Herzen - a kitchen towel product by Sofidel Regina.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
As consumers are becoming more environmentally conscious, recycled, tree-free, and plastic-free toilet paper are surfacing in the tissue paper landscape. Stakeholders can produce recycled toilet paper from post- and pre-consumer recycled content and paper scraps. On the other hand, tree-free and plastic-free toilet paper is produced from fast-growing plants such as bamboo, sugarcane, bagasse, and eucalyptus, which serve as a far better renewable raw material resource as compared to slow-growing trees.
Sustainable Sourced Content: Need of the Hour in the Tissue Paper Market
Manufacturing toilet paper from clear-cut trees and forests is raising the question of the destructive 'tree-to-toilet' pipeline. There is the growing need for manufacturers to adopt sustainable production operations to produce tissue paper products, to emerge as an environmental-friendly brand.
As such, stakeholders are making use of recycled and responsibly-sourced content to manufacture toilet paper. Instead on depending upon virgin fiber acquired from ancient forests, manufacturers are making use of recycled and sustainably-sourced fibers and pulps. Such sustainable practices are significantly reducing the destructive impact on ancient forest covers.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on “Tissue Paper Market ”
Analysts of the tissue paper market have a positive outlook for market growth during the forecast period of 2019-2027. Currently, Asia Pacific is the dominant market for tissue paper, and is anticipated to grow faster as compared to North America and Europe. Consumers seek value-added benefits in most tissue paper products such as facial wipes, toilet paper, and hygiene tissues. Innovative product packaging solutions such as 'origami' aid consumers in making faster purchase decisions, thereby helping brands stand out among other competitive products. However, product substitutes such as cloth toilet paper and reusable toilet cloth wipes are posing as a challenge for stakeholders in the tissue paper market. As such, manufacturers are innovating on novel product offerings such as biodegradable toilet paper, bio-based dissolvable stone toilet paper, and tree-free facial tissues and wipes, so as to stay ahead in this landscape.
Emphasis on Prevention of Chronic Diseases and Increasing Health Consciousness Provide Growth Opportunities
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest market report on the tissue paper market for the historical period of 2014-2018 and forecast period 2019-2027, increased health consciousness and awareness about disease spreading are projected to drive market growth.
- Globally, revenue generated by the tissue paper market has been estimated to be ~US$ ~43.1 Bn in 2019, and is projected to expand at a CAGR of ~5% in terms of value during the forecast period.
Bath and Toilet Tissue Paper Most Used
- Analysis of the tissue paper market is conducted by considering various factors such as ply, tissue grade, material source, application, and, end use. It has been witnessed that, the bath and toilet tissue paper sub-segment contributes a prominent market share. Following this, the facial tissues and kitchen towels segment results into significant growth in the global market.
- In China and other countries, the demand for facial tissues is high, whereas, in North America and Europe, there is huge demand for kitchen towels. The takeaway food trend and gift wrapping are attributing to the versatile applications of tissue paper.
Technological Advancements to Increase Production & Enhance Quality of Tissue Paper
- Competition in the global tissue paper market is increasing consistently. Hence, manufacturers are focussing on the implementation of advanced technology to enhance the quality of tissue paper.
- The North America tissue paper market has a new boom of TAD machines, along with the use of ATMOS and NTT machines. These machines helps in achieving softer, smoother, and better absorption quality of the paper. In Europe, new NTT machines are streaming in the market. It has been witnessed that, the share of advanced machines in North America is ~30%, and ~5% in Europe.
- In 2017-18, many European companies planned to increase their production capacities by launching new production lines or introducing new manufacturing units. For instance,
- In 2019, a subsidiary of Sofidel named Delipapier S.A.S, planned to enhance its tissue paper production capacity to ~ 60,000 tonnes per annum at the Ingrandes site in France.
- The Metsa Group achieved 10,000 tonnes per annum of production capacity at the Metsa Tissue GmbH, Raubach site.
- In Egypt, Hayat Holding Group introduced a new production line, which increased its capacity by 65,000 tonnes per annum.
- Along with these, China has accelerated its tissue paper production volumes to ~4,200 thousand tonnes in 2018. Overall, North America and Latin America hold the second and third position, followed by Europe and the Middle East & Africa.
Market to Thrive in China with Modern Machineries & Higher Investments
- In Asia Pacific, the China tissue paper market is dominating the regional market. As per the new strategies of China, more emphasis is being given on domestic tissue paper consumption rather than exports and investments. Owing to this, modern capacity machineries are installed and old & poor efficiency machines have been replaced. As per the China National Household Paper Industry Association, 2.2 Mn tonnes per annum capacity of new machinery were installed last year. In Indonesia, research and development activities, new investments, and the push for new products propel the growth of the tissue paper market on a global level. Indonesia is the third-largest exporter of tissues, worldwide, having exported ~550 thousand tonnes of tissue products in 2017.
Conflicts Regarding Use of Virgin Tissue Paper v/s Recycled Tissue Paper
- Virgin pulp paper is manufactured from spruce trees, whereas, recycled pulp tissue paper is produced from wheat straw, waste paper, and bamboo. However, both these products have advantages and limitations. Recycled tissue paper products are environment-friendly, green, and have less carbon footprints.
- Recycled paper fibers can be used five to seven times, depending upon the paper grade. Overused paper fibers might result in the poor quality of tissue paper. Due to its short length, recycled paper has less absorbency. Compared to recycled tissue paper, virgin tissue paper is more eco-friendly. Long fiber virgin pulp is mainly used for manufacturing kitchen papers, and short fiber pulp is used for producing toilet paper; hence, virgin pulp helps reduce waste.
- The bacterial impact of virgin pulp is much lower than recycled paper. However, the usage of virgin pulp for tissue paper manufacturing results in deforestation. The U.S. is manufacturing wood pulp from the boreal forest in Canada, and this forest is crucial in dealing with climate change. As per guidelines of the Natural Resources Defence Council (NRDC), the tissue paper manufacturing process must be replaced with an alternate solution to end wasteful and destructive practices.
Global Tissue Paper Market - Key Insights
- In the global tissue paper market, the consumption of single ply and two ply tissues is more as compared to three ply tissue paper. However, the use of these tissues depends upon the application.
- Bath and toilet tissue paper have more market share, followed by facial and hygiene tissues.
- In order to avoid waste, the demand for recycled pulp tissue paper is more than virgin pulp, on the global level.
- Commercial tissue paper is dominating the residential tissue paper segment, due to an increasing number of offices, hotels, hospitals, and school & colleges.
Global Tissue Paper Market - Competition Landscape
In the global market report for tissue paper, the competition landscape is discussed. Key players profiled in the tissue paper market are
- Procter and Gamble Company
- Asia Pulp & Paper Group PT
- SOFIDEL Group
- Kimberly-Clark Corporation
- Wepa Hygieneprodukte GmbH
- Georgia-Pacific LLC
- Cascades USA Inc.
- Essity Aktiebolag (publ)
- Metsä Group
- Gulf Paper Manufacturing Company
- Procter & Gamble
- Napco National
- Saudi Paper Manufacturing Co.
- Indevco Paper Making
- Queenex Tissues Factory
- Clearwater paper Corp
- Oji Holdings Corporation
- Pudumjee Paper Product Ltd
- Kruger Products.
These companies are following many key developments, which result in maintaining the demand and supply chain of tissue paper across the world. For instance,
- Essity Aktiebolag (publ) acquired Productos Sancela del Peru with operations in Peru and Bolivia, on 16 February 2018. The company also acquired 50% stake in Industrial Papelera S.A. (INPAECSA), with an investment of SEK 68 Mn (US$ 7.09 Mn) in 2018. This shows that, for increasing customer reach and production capacity, Essity is following the acquisition strategy, which further helps increase the growth of the tissue paper market.
Tissue Paper Market: Scope of the Study
[260 Pages Report] Transparency Market Research (TMR) started a new study on the global tissue paper market, providing forecasts for the period of 2019-2027. In the tissue paper market study, lucrative opportunities are seen for facial tissue paper and bath & toilet tissue paper. The report enumerates valuable insights to enable readers make winning business decisions for the future growth of their businesses. The report sheds light on significant factors that are constantly shaping the growth of the tissue paper market, untapped opportunities for manufacturers, trends and developments, and other insights across various key segments. Macroeconomic factors that are directly or indirectly affecting the growth of the tissue paper market are also incorporated in the report.
Key Questions Answered
- What will be the tissue paper market size in 2027?
- Which region will remain the most lucrative for the growth of the tissue paper market?
- Which end use segment is the most preferred for tissue paper? What was its market size in 2018?
- In which application is tissue paper more preferred?
- Who are the major end users for tissue paper?
- What are the market value shares of material source in the tissue paper market?
- What will be the growth rate of tissue paper during 2019-2027?
Key indicators associated with the tissue paper market have been evaluated thoroughly in the report. The study highlights vital market dynamics such as key drivers, challenges, and trends, along with opportunities in the global tissue paper market. A comprehensive study on the value chain of the tissue paper market has also been encompassed in the report.
Other key aspects laid down in the tissue paper market report include pricing analysis by application segment. Furthermore, forecast factors and their impact on the tissue paper market have been encompassed in the report to understand the future prospects of the market.
A comprehensive evaluation and forecast on the tissue paper market have been provided on the basis of ply, tissue grade, application, material source, end use, and region. The report also renders imperative numbers such as historical and forecast size of the above segments of the tissue paper market.
Y-o-Y growth comparison, volume and revenue comparison, and market share comparison of various market segments have been delivered in the report. The tissue paper market has been analyzed at both, regional and country levels.
The tissue paper market report provides exhaustive evaluation on the structure of the tissue paper market, in tandem with a dashboard view of all the leading companies profiled in the report. Market share analysis of the key market players operating in the global tissue paper market has also been presented in the report, apart from the footprint matrix on the profiled market players. The report depicts the presence of tissue paper manufacturers by leveraging an intensity map. The report also highlights the key end users for tissue paper.
Key companies profiled in the tissue paper market report include SOFIDEL Group, Asia Pulp & Paper Group PT, Wepa Hygieneprodukte GmbH, Georgia-Pacific LLC, Gulf Paper Manufacturing Company, Kimberly-Clark Corporation, Oji Holdings Corporation, Saudi Paper Manufacturing Co., Cascades USA Inc., Metsä Group, Essity Aktiebolag (publ), Procter & Gamble company, Napco National, Indevco Paper Making, Queenex Tissues Factory, Clearwater paper Corp, Pudumjee Paper Product Ltd, and Kruger Products.
A realistic methodology along with a holistic approach makes the base for incisive insights provided in the tissue paper market report for the study evaluation period. The TMR report comprises detailed information on the growth prospects of the tissue paper industry, along with riveting insights into the forecast assessment of the market.
Extensive primary and secondary research has been employed to garner incisive insights into the forecast study of the tissue paper market. The report on the tissue paper market has further gone through cross-validation by in-house professionals to make the tissue paper market report one-of-its-kind, with the highest credibility.
Tissue Paper Market: Segmentation
The global tissue paper market has been bifurcated on the basis of ply, tissue grade, application, material source, end use, and region. Each of these segments are analyzed to provide readers a holistic view of the tissue paper market.