3D Integrated Circuits: Introduction
- 3D integrated circuit is a metal oxide semiconductor integrated circuit made by stacking silicon wafers or dies and by interconnecting them vertically. A 3D integrated circuit has the potential to enhance chip performance, functionality, and device packing density.
- 3D integrated circuits (3D-ICs) provide good integration of different materials, devices, and signals, possess smaller package size, faster on-chip communications, and higher performance
- 3D integrated circuit has vertically stacked two or more layers of active electronic components. Each active layer consists of processor, cores, memories, analog RF circuits, sensors, etc. ‘Through-Silicon-Vias (TSVs)’ are inserted into 3D-ICs to produce power between the distinct levels.
- 3D-ICs are widely used in portable devices such as smartphones and tablet computers, as they provide power and space saving with improved battery life and form factor
Growing Demand for 3D Integrated Circuits Market
- Modern electronic device demand high speed data processing, transmission, smart and connected devices, increased storage capacity, and high brightness lighting, which are major factors boosting the 3D integrated circuits market
- High performance networking devices with large storage capacity require high bandwidth to manage the memory and bandwidth. The information and communication technology sector is also adopting 3D integrated circuits in their applications.
- 3D integrated circuit is an ideal solution to cater to the demand for miniaturization of devices in the microelectronics industry by making the devices denser and reducing the electronic components
- Rise in demand for high-bandwidth memory (HBM) chips, which offer large bandwidth and low power consumption, is estimated to boost the 3D integrated circuits market
- 3D integrated circuits possess smaller form factor and provide enhanced performance as compared to 2D integrated circuits, which is suitable for sensor and sensor interface applications such as smart cities, industry 4.0, or IoT
Asia Pacific to Lead Global 3D Integrated Circuits Market
- Expansion of the telecom industry and rise in demand for consumer electronic devices drive the 3D integrated circuits market
- Significantly high population in Asia Pacific boosts the sale of smart devices in the region. Consequently, major manufacturers such as Samsung Electronics co., Toshiba, and Sony Corporation are leading the market in Asia Pacific.
- Demand for smart home intelligent security systems such as security lock, thermostat, fan controllers, smart smoke detectors, energy monitors, door and window sensors, doorbells, etc., is rising, which in turn is fueling the 3D integrated circuits market
- In the health care sector, 3D integrated circuits are utilized in smaller hearing aids, visual aids, and heart monitors, to help people interact with surrounding environment, which in turn fuels the 3D integrated circuits market in Asia Pacific
Key Players Operating in Global 3D Integrated Circuits Market
- Samsung Electronics Co.Ltd.
- Toshiba Corporation
- Micron Technology Inc.
- Intel Corporation
- United Microelectronics Corporation
- Xilinx Inc.
- IBM Corporation
Global 3D Integrated Circuits Market: Research Scope
Global 3D Integrated Circuits Market, by Product
Global 3D Integrated Circuits Market, by Substrate Type
- Silicon On Insulator(SOI)
- Bulk Silicon
Global 3D Integrated Circuits Market, by Application
- Information and Communication Technology
- Military & Defense
- Consumer Electronics
Global 3D Integrated Circuits Market, by Packaging Technology
- 3D Wafer-Level Chip-Scale Packaging(WLCSP)
- 3D TSV
- Silicon Epitaxial Growth
- Beam Re-Crystallization
- Solid Phase Crystallization
- Wafer Bonding
Global 3D Integrated Circuits Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.