Thoraco-lumbar Interbody Fusion Cages Market: Introduction
- Thoraco-lumbar interbody fusion cage is a prosthesis used in posterior lumbar interbody fusion (PLIF) and transforaminal lumbar interbody fusion procedures. Thoraco-lumbar interbody fusion cages are implantable devices utilized to maintain foraminal height and decompression.
- Spinal fusion is a surgical procedure used to correct problems with small bones in the spine (vertebrae). An interbody fusion is a type of spinal fusion that involves removing the intervertebral disk. Posterior lumbar interbody fusion (PLIF) and transforaminal lumbar interbody fusion (TLIF) are types of interbody fusion procedures.
Key Drivers of Global Thoraco-lumbar Interbody Fusion Cages Market
- Global thoraco-lumbar interbody fusion cages market is likely to be driven by rise in adoption of thoraco-lumbar interbody fusion cages for spine fusion procedures over pedicle screws as it eliminates the risk associated with breakage
- According to an article published by Veritas Health, LLC, clinical studies on thoraco-lumbar interbody fusion cages indicate that the patient's pain is improved 60% to 70% after TLIF spinal fusion surgery
- Rise in number of posterior lumbar interbody fusion (PLIF) and transforaminal lumbar interbody fusion procedures is expected to fuel the growth of the global thoraco-lumbar interbody fusion cages market during the forecast period
- According to the American Association of Neurological Surgeons, around 17,000 estimated new spinal cord injuries (SCIs) occur in the U.S. annually. High incidence rate of spinal injuries and sports injuries has boosted the growth of the thoraco-lumbar interbody fusion cages market.
- According to the United Nations University (UNU) estimates, the percentage of the world population above 65 years of age is anticipated to increase from 9% in 2010 to 16% by 2050. Incidence of degenerative disc disease is expected to rise with increase in aging population. Rise in geriatric population drives the demand for cervical traction devices. This, in turn, contributes to the growth of the global cervical traction devices market.
Are you a Start-up willing to make it Big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Thoraco-lumbar Interbody Fusion Cages Market Report
North America to Hold Major Share of Global Thoraco-lumbar Interbody Fusion Cages Market
- North America is projected to lead the global thoraco-lumbar interbody fusion cages market during the forecast period. North America is a leading market for thoraco-lumbar interbody fusion cages, owing to high rate of adoption of thoraco-lumbar interbody fusion cages for spinal cord surgeries in health care settings.
- According to the National Spinal Cord Injury Statistical Center, annual incidence of spinal cord injury (SCI) is approximately 54 cases per one million people in the U.S., that is about 17,700 new SCI cases each year
- Increase in awareness about spinal fusion surgeries and rise in patient base suffering from spinal injuries in the U.S. are expected to drive the thoraco-lumbar interbody fusion cages market in the region
- According to researchers’ estimates, 17,730 new SCI cases occur each year. In 2019, approximately 249,000 to 363,000 people were living with SCI in the U.S.
- Government bodies in Europe are approving thoraco-lumbar interbody fusion cages devices. Furthermore, rise in number of specialty clinics in Europe is anticipated to propel the demand for thoraco-lumbar interbody fusion cages in this region.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Thoraco-lumbar Interbody Fusion Cages Market, Ask for a Customized Report
Key Players Operating in Global Market
Major players operating in the global thoraco-lumbar interbody fusion cages market are:
- Medacta International
- ARCA MEDICA
- ulrich GmbH & Co. KG
Global Thoraco-lumbar Interbody Fusion Cages Market: Research Scope
Global Thoraco-lumbar Interbody Fusion Cages Market, by Procedure
- Posterior Lumbar Interbody Fusion (PLIF)
- Transforaminal Lumbar Interbody Fusion (TLIF)
Global Thoraco-lumbar Interbody Fusion Cages Market, by Type of Surgery
Global Thoraco-lumbar Interbody Fusion Cages Market, by End-user
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- Specialty Clinics
Global Thoraco-lumbar Interbody Fusion Cages Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.