Thoraco-lumbar Interbody Fusion Cages Market: Introduction
- Thoraco-lumbar interbody fusion cage is a prosthesis used in posterior lumbar interbody fusion (PLIF) and transforaminal lumbar interbody fusion procedures. Thoraco-lumbar interbody fusion cages are implantable devices utilized to maintain foraminal height and decompression.
- Spinal fusion is a surgical procedure used to correct problems with small bones in the spine (vertebrae). An interbody fusion is a type of spinal fusion that involves removing the intervertebral disk. Posterior lumbar interbody fusion (PLIF) and transforaminal lumbar interbody fusion (TLIF) are types of interbody fusion procedures.
Key Drivers of Global Thoraco-lumbar Interbody Fusion Cages Market
- Global thoraco-lumbar interbody fusion cages market is likely to be driven by rise in adoption of thoraco-lumbar interbody fusion cages for spine fusion procedures over pedicle screws as it eliminates the risk associated with breakage
- According to an article published by Veritas Health, LLC, clinical studies on thoraco-lumbar interbody fusion cages indicate that the patient's pain is improved 60% to 70% after TLIF spinal fusion surgery
- Rise in number of posterior lumbar interbody fusion (PLIF) and transforaminal lumbar interbody fusion procedures is expected to fuel the growth of the global thoraco-lumbar interbody fusion cages market during the forecast period
- According to the American Association of Neurological Surgeons, around 17,000 estimated new spinal cord injuries (SCIs) occur in the U.S. annually. High incidence rate of spinal injuries and sports injuries has boosted the growth of the thoraco-lumbar interbody fusion cages market.
- According to the United Nations University (UNU) estimates, the percentage of the world population above 65 years of age is anticipated to increase from 9% in 2010 to 16% by 2050. Incidence of degenerative disc disease is expected to rise with increase in aging population. Rise in geriatric population drives the demand for cervical traction devices. This, in turn, contributes to the growth of the global cervical traction devices market.
Are you a Start-up willing to make it Big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Thoraco-lumbar Interbody Fusion Cages Market Report
North America to Hold Major Share of Global Thoraco-lumbar Interbody Fusion Cages Market
- North America is projected to lead the global thoraco-lumbar interbody fusion cages market during the forecast period. North America is a leading market for thoraco-lumbar interbody fusion cages, owing to high rate of adoption of thoraco-lumbar interbody fusion cages for spinal cord surgeries in health care settings.
- According to the National Spinal Cord Injury Statistical Center, annual incidence of spinal cord injury (SCI) is approximately 54 cases per one million people in the U.S., that is about 17,700 new SCI cases each year
- Increase in awareness about spinal fusion surgeries and rise in patient base suffering from spinal injuries in the U.S. are expected to drive the thoraco-lumbar interbody fusion cages market in the region
- According to researchers’ estimates, 17,730 new SCI cases occur each year. In 2019, approximately 249,000 to 363,000 people were living with SCI in the U.S.
- Government bodies in Europe are approving thoraco-lumbar interbody fusion cages devices. Furthermore, rise in number of specialty clinics in Europe is anticipated to propel the demand for thoraco-lumbar interbody fusion cages in this region.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Thoraco-lumbar Interbody Fusion Cages Market, Ask for a Customized Report
Key Players Operating in Global Market
Major players operating in the global thoraco-lumbar interbody fusion cages market are:
- Medacta International
- ARCA MEDICA
- ulrich GmbH & Co. KG
Global Thoraco-lumbar Interbody Fusion Cages Market: Research Scope
Global Thoraco-lumbar Interbody Fusion Cages Market, by Procedure
- Posterior Lumbar Interbody Fusion (PLIF)
- Transforaminal Lumbar Interbody Fusion (TLIF)
Global Thoraco-lumbar Interbody Fusion Cages Market, by Type of Surgery
Global Thoraco-lumbar Interbody Fusion Cages Market, by End-user
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- Specialty Clinics
Global Thoraco-lumbar Interbody Fusion Cages Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.