Thermodilution Catheters Market: Introduction
- A thermodilution catheter is used to monitor right atrial pressure, right ventricular pressure, pulmonary artery pressure, pulmonary capillary wedge pressure, and for continuous infusion of solutions. This is required to estimate the atrial functioning of the heart and supports healthcare professionals in planning a proper treatment regimen for the patient.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Thermodilution Catheters Market
- Increase in prevalence of cardiovascular diseases and surgery is driving the rapid growth of the market. According to WHO, cardiovascular diseases (CVDs) are the leading cause of death globally, taking an estimated 17.9 million lives each year. Four out of five CVD deaths are due to heart attacks and strokes, and one third of these deaths occur prematurely in people under 70 years of age. As per CDC, every year, about 805,000 Americans have a heart attack and about 18.2 million adults age 20 and older have coronary artery disease (CAD). In Europe, as per WHO data, 50% of deaths are caused by cardiovascular disease.
- Increasing geriatric population is another cause for rise in demand for ultrasound catheters. Majority of cardiovascular disease cases and deaths occur in the elderly, aged 65 years and above. Based on World health Organization data, between 2015 and 2050, the proportion of the world's population over 60 years will nearly double from 12% to 22%.
- However, product recalls of catheters may hamper the market growth. In February 2019, Edwards Lifesciences recalled the Swan-Ganz thermodilution catheter due to incorrect assembly, causing reversal of lumens. A total of 1,426 devices were recalled from the U.S. market.
To gauge the scope of customization in our reports, Ask for a Sample
Polyurethane Estimated to Dominate the Global Thermodilution Catheters Market
- Based on material, the global thermodilution catheters market can be divided into nylon, polyurethane, PVC, and others.
- Polyurethane dominated the global thermodilution catheters market in terms of revenue in 2019 and is expected to maintain this position during the forecast period due to a wide range of applications, safety, and reduced risk of patient latex allergy or hypersensitivity over other products
Ambulatory Surgical Centers Segment Witnesses Highest Growth
- Based on end-user, the global thermodilution catheters market can be divided into hospitals, ambulatory surgical centers, diagnostic laboratories, and cardiac catheterization laboratories.
- Hospitals dominate the thermodilution catheters market as a large number of procedures are performed due to availability of technologically advanced products and availability of reimbursement policies. Cardiac surgery represents a significant burden to the United States (US) healthcare system, with over 294,000 coronary artery bypass grafts (CABG) and valve replacement/repair procedures performed annually.
- Ambulatory surgical centers are expected to gain market share during the forecast period, expanding at the highest CAGR during the period. According to an article published in Industry Dive in 2019, CMS is proposing to add 12 cardiac catheterization procedures to its coverage list for ambulatory surgical centers (ASC). CMS also estimated that nearly 5% of cardiac catheterization procedures shifted from the hospital outpatient setting to ASC because of the proposed policy.
North America Estimated to Dominate the Global Thermodilution Catheters Market
- In terms of region, the global thermodilution catheters market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa.
- In terms of revenue, North America dominated the thermodilution catheters market, followed by Europe. Rising prevalence of cardiovascular diseases such as CAD, strokes, and atrial fibrillation, along with adoption of technologically advanced products boosts the market growth in North America. According to CDC data, coronary heart disease is the most common type of heart disease, killing 365,914 people in 2017. About 18.2 million adults of age 20 and older have coronary artery disease (CAD) (about 6.7%). About 2 in 10 deaths from CAD happens in adults less than 65 years old.
- However, the market in the Asia Pacific region is expected to expand at a rapid CAGR during the forecast period owing to the growth in emerging markets, and continuous developments in healthcare and pharmaceutical industries in the region. Furthermore, increasing cases of targeted diseases leads to more usage of thermodilution catheters for treatment. Cardiovascular disease (CVD), namely stroke and ischemic heart disease (including heart attacks), is China is leading cause of death, accounting for up to two-in-five deaths. According to an article published in Biospectrum in June 2020, in Korea, CVDs pose a burden of more than US$ 7.2 Bn (direct and indirect costs) on individuals, their households, and public finances.
Key Manufacturers Operating in the Market
The global thermodilution catheters market was highly fragmented in 2019. Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- Teleflex Incorporated
- ICU Medical
- Edwards Lifesciences Corporation
- Merit Medical Systems
- B. Braun Melsungen AG
- Intra special catheters GmbH
Thermodilution Catheters Market: Research Scope
Thermodilution Catheters Market, by Material
Thermodilution Catheters Market, by End-user
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- Diagnostic Laboratories
- Cardiac Catheterization Laboratories
Thermodilution Catheters Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.