Global Therapeutic Stents Market: Introduction
Stents are tubular type implants that are deployed most commonly to recover the shape of narrowed arterial segments. The stent scaffolds the artery open, improving blood flow. The stent is expanded, flattening the plaque against the artery wall and holding the artery open with a mesh tube. The catheter used to deliver the stent is then removed, but the stent stays in the artery permanently to maintain healthy blood flow. The stent can occlude, causing reduced and/or no blood flow to the area. The insertion site may bleed or become infected. In-vivo testing verified the biocompatibility and biofunctionality of the implanted stents and analysis of the results led to clear measures to refine the stent design and processing for enhanced properties as well revisions to the implantation techniques to better suit the characteristics of the new stent.
Key Drivers of Global Therapeutic Stents Market
Rise in geriatric population
According to World Population Ageing 2017, the global population aged 60 years or over numbered 962 million in 2017, more than twice as large as in 1980 when there were 382 million geriatric people worldwide. The number of geriatric people is expected to double again by 2050, when it is projected to reach nearly 2.1 billion. In 2050, geriatric persons are expected to account for 35% of the population in Europe, 28% in Northern America, 25% in Latin America and the Caribbean, 24% in Asia, 23% in Oceania and 9% in Africa. The geriatric population of developing regions is increasing at a more rapid pace, as compared to the geriatric population in developed regions.
Technological advancements in stents
Stent technology has rapidly evolved since the first stainless steel bare metal stents with substantial developments in drug choice, scaffolding, drug delivery, polymer, and elution mechanisms. According to Wainscot Media, companies such as Biosensors and Abbott are developing biodegradable and bifurcated stents to deal with concerns about thrombosis caused by long-term device implantation and to expand the type of treatable lesions, including those located at vessel branches. The penetration of bioabsorbable stents is likely to be limited by a lack of long-term safety data, and the fact that their expected average selling price (ASP) is expected to be much higher than traditional stents. In 2008, Biosensors International’s BioMatrix stent received CE mark approval.
North America to Account for Major Share of Global Therapeutic Stents Market
- North America is projected to account for a major share of the global therapeutic stents market during the forecast period. The market in the region is anticipated to expand at a rapid pace in the next few years due to an increase in research & development and various government initiatives for the development of novel ideas. Europe is expected to be the second-largest market, globally, during the forecast period.
- The therapeutic stents market in Asia Pacific is likely to expand at a high CAGR during the forecast period. This can be attributed to a rise in investment in research & development by private & government organizations and increase in healthcare management in the region.
Key Players Operating in Global Therapeutic Stents Market
The global therapeutic stents market is highly consolidated owing to the presence of a small number of key players. Leading players operating in the global therapeutic stents market include:
- Abbott Laboratories
- B. Braun Melsungen AG
- Biotronik SE & Co. KG
- Boston Scientific Corporation
- C.R. Bard, Inc.
- Elixir Medical Corporation
- Medtronic plc
- Microport Scientific Corporation
- STENTYS SA
- Terumo Corporation
Global Therapeutic Stents Market: Research Scope
Global Therapeutic Stents Market, by Product Type
- Coronary Stents
- Drug-Eluting Stents (DES)
- Bare-Metal Coronary Stents
- Bioabsorbable Stent
- Peripheral Stents
- Stent-Related Implants
- Synthetic Grafts
- Vena Cava Filters
Global Therapeutic Stents Market, by End-user
- Metallic Biomaterials
- Polymers Biomaterials
- Natural Biomaterials
Global Therapeutic Stents Market, by End-user
- Surgical Centers
Global Therapeutic Stents Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.