Textile Surfactants Market: Introduction
- Surfactants are organic compounds added to a liquid in order to decrease the surface tension and allow easy penetration into materials, along with spreading of liquid over any surface
- Surfactants offers various usages, including lubricity in water-based compositions, dispersion, emulsification, wetting, foaming or defoaming, and cleaning efficiency enhancement. Surfactants are majorly used in industrial and consumer cleaning products, such as paints & coatings, metal works, agrochemicals, construction, oil field, personal care products, and detergents.
- Textile surfactants are used to remove dirt and oil from textile fibers before dying. Surfactants act as lubricants and antistatic during fiber manufacturing and softening, and enhance the textile manufacturing process. These surfactants show both hydrophilic and hydrophobic properties.
- Textile surfactants are derived from sugar by-products, fatty acids, natural oils, polyglycerol, and lignin as well as petroleum products and oleochemicals
Is something restraining your company’s growth in the Textile Surfactants Market? Ask for the report brochure here
Rise in Demand for Bio-based Textile Surfactants
- Increase in demand for textiles globally is likely to drive the consumption of textile surfactants during the forecast period. Countries, such as China and India, are witnessing significant growth in textile manufacturing due to increase in demand for high quality textiles. This factor is fueling the demand for textile surfactants.
- Changing consumer preferences and advancements in technology is anticipated to drive the global textile surfactants market. Growing demand for geotextile, construction textiles, and other technical textiles from various industries is expected to drive the global textile surfactants market.
- Environmental awareness, government regulations regarding use of eco-friendly products, and regulated use of synthetic products are driving the demand for bio-based surfactants
- Use of bio-based surfactants is one of the keys factor driving the market for polyester medical film market. Bio-based textile surfactants are derived from renewable raw materials. These surfactants do not emit any toxins and degrades easily.
Technical Textile Segment to Offer Lucrative Opportunities
- In terms of application, the global textile surfactants market can be segmented into apparels, furnishings, technical textile, household textiles, and industrial textiles
- Demand for technical textiles, such as geotextile, agrotextile, medical, and automotive textile, has been increasing in developing countries, including India and China. This is anticipated to offer lucrative opportunities to textile surfactants manufacturers during the forecast period.
- Household textiles are projected to witness high demand due to improved standard of living and rise in per capita income of consumers in developing countries
- Rapid industrialization is estimated to boost the growth of the industrial textile segment
Anionic Surfactants Segment to Offer Lucrative Opportunities
- Based on type, the global textile surfactants market can be segmented into anionic surfactants, non-ionic surfactants, cationic surfactants, and zwitterionic surfactants
- Anionic surfactants are majorly used in cleaning products and dye dispersants. Non-ionic surfactants are used as a washing and dispersing agent, and as a fabric softener. Zwitterionic surfactants are used in combination with anionic or cationic surfactants.
- Demand for various textile materials is driving the consumption of different surfactants
Asia Pacific to Lead Global Textile Surfactants Market
- In terms of region, the global textile surfactants market can be split into: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Textile surfactants market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at the maximum CAGR during the forecast period. This growth can be attributed to population increase, improving standards of living, and rise in development and expenditure on clothing and other textiles. Countries, such as India and China are the leading textile exporters in the world. Thus, textile surfactant manufacturers in the region are expecting an increase in demand for their products.
- Textile surfactants market in North America and Europe is likely to witness stagnant growth. This market in Latin America and Middle East & Africa is estimated to show sluggish growth during the forecast period.
To Get a Bird’s Eye View of Textile Surfactants Market Forecast, Ask for a Custom Report
Key Players in Global Textile Surfactants Market
The global textile surfactants market is highly fragmented in 2018. Prominent players operating in the global market are focusing on technological developments and expansions to meet the growing demand for textile surfactants. Moreover, manufacturers are entering partnerships for the development of innovative products and gain higher profit margins.
Key players operating in the global textile surfactants market include:
- Air Products and Chemicals
- BASF SE
- Clariant Chemicals Company
- Dow Chemical Company
- Henkel Ag & Co KGaA
- Organic dyes and Pigments
- Stepan Company
- Huntsman Corporation
- Spectra Specialities
- TAIWAN SURFACTANT
Global Textile Surfactants Market: Research Scope
Global Textile Surfactants Market, by Type
- Anionic Surfactants
- Nonionic Surfactants
- Cationic Surfactants
- Zwitterionic Surfactants
Global Textile Surfactants Market, by Application
- Technical Textiles
- Household Textiles
- Industrial Textiles
Global Textile Surfactants Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.