Textile Auxiliaries Market
Textile Auxiliaries Market (Product: Pretreatment Agents, Dyeing & Printing Agents, Finishing Agents, and Spin Finish, Knitting & Weaving and Other Auxiliaries; Application: Home Furnishings [Carpets & Rugs, Furniture, and Others], Technical Textiles [Agrotech, Packtech, Meditech, and Others], Apparel, and Industrial Textiles) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2019 - 2027
Press Release :
Apparel Leading Application in Textile Auxiliaries Market
With textiles being increasingly adopted for a myriad of applications, from apparel to home furnishings and more, there has been a flurry of activity in the larger textile industry, and corresponding growth in the textile auxiliaries market as well. Apparel continues to be a major application in the textile auxiliaries market, owing to the booming clothing industry in both, developed and developing countries around the globe. The growth of the clothing industry in developing countries can be attributed to the rising disposable income of people in these regions, which is likely to have a significantly positive impact on the growth of the global textile auxiliaries market.
In 2018, apparel, as an application, held a share of ~40% of the total market by volume, and this trend is anticipated to continue during the forecast period. The segment is expected to grow 1.5X by the end of 2027, at a moderate volume CAGR of ~4%. It is closely followed by home furnishings, which accounted for ~35% of the total market share, and is expected to expand at a slow ~3% volume CAGR over the forecast period.
To gauge the scope of customization in our reports Ask for a Sample
Popularity of Technical Textiles Catalyzing Growth of Textile Auxiliaries Market
The versatility of textiles has led to its adoption for non-aesthetic functional purposes, known as technical textiles. Based on their end use and functionality, they are categorized into several sub-segments - Agrotech, Packtech, and Medtech, among others. Agrotech is textiles used in agriculture, for aiding in the processes of crop protection and fertilization. There has been growing interest in recent years in using agrotextiles that are degradable and compostable, so as to minimize the impact that they have on the planet. Packtech is the application of textiles in packaging solutions such as silos, containers, bags, canvas covers, etc.; for instance, the use of synthetic or natural bags for the packaging of food, which do not damage the integrity of the product. Medtech is the use of textiles for medical purposes, or hygiene-related technical textiles such as wipes, diapers, wound dressings, and more. The growing popularity of these has had a positive impact on the expansion of the textile auxiliaries landscape.
Due to the rising popularity of technical textiles, where it accounted for ~14% of the total textile auxiliaries market share in 2018, and was valued at ~US$ 1 Bn, it is expected to expand to hit the ~US$ 1.5 Bn mark by the end of 2027.
Get an idea about the offerings of our report from Report Brochure
R&D in Electronic Textiles to Shape Further Evolution of Textile Auxiliaries Landscape
'Smart textiles', as a part of technical textiles, can refer to both, e-textiles with classical electronic devices embedded into garments and electronics integrated directly into textile substrates. Textile auxiliaries have evolved to cater to the needs of electric textiles as well. The former includes conductors, integrated circuits, LEDs, etc., implanted into the fabric, and conventional batteries to power them. Research on this type of e-textiles have gained maximum interest, with innovations such as LEDs that are mounted into the fabric itself.
Fabric used for electronic textiles include natural and synthetic fiber, produced by the deposition of metal nanoparticles, which makes the fabric conductive. They are being developed for a variety of applications, mainly for health monitoring, for both, medical and sports purposes.
Incorporating tech into fabric is no longer a distant dream, and the applications of technical textiles and textile auxiliaries are limitless. Manufacturers are working relentlessly with end users to cater to their individual needs and requirements, such as interactive e-textiles and intelligent fabrics, which is likely to shape the growth of the global textile auxiliaries market.
Environmental Concerns Associated with Textile Manufacturing to Hinder Progress
Textile manufacturing, globally, is considered a resource-heavy process, utilizing large amounts of fuel, water, and a variety of chemicals. There has been growing concerns in recent years about the amount of hazardous waste that is created by the textile manufacturing process, which poses a significant risk to the environment. This has led to several regulatory bodies around the world imposing stringent laws to check these processes, which is likely to have a negative impact on the growth of the global textile auxiliaries market.
However, this has also opened up opportunities for manufacturers in the textile auxiliaries market to target their focus on R&D activities for the development of processes and materials to be environment safe, so as to meet the newer and better standards for safety.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Textile Auxiliaries Market, ask for a customized report
According to analysts at Transparency Market Research, the textile auxiliaries market is set to expand at a moderate pace over the course of the forecast period. This can be attributed to the increased demand from end users for smart fabrics, coupled with rising interest in environmentally-friendly products, globally. Manufacturers in the textile auxiliaries market, looking to keep pace with this trend and develop sustainable and environmentally-friendly processes and products, are likely to witness maximum gains in the near future.
There has been a burst of activity in recent years in APAC, with manufacturers slowly shifting base and moving to the region to cater to the growing demand from here. Manufacturers looking to take advantage of the growing consumer awareness of fashion and the flourishing fashion industry here are likely to benefit most from the lucrative opportunities offered by the region.
Global Textile Auxiliaries Market: Highlights
- In terms of revenue, the global textile auxiliaries market is expected to reach a value of ~US$ 10 Bn by 2027.
- Textile auxiliaries are a set of various chemical components used for functioning at different stages of fabric production. Key textile auxiliaries include pre-treatment agents, dyeing agents, printing agents, finishing agents, and spinning and weaving agents. These auxiliaries enhance the quality of fabric materials, along with their durability.
- Growth of the textile industry in developing economies has positively impacted the demand for textile auxiliaries over the last few years. China, India, and Vietnam have emerged as key exporters of textile products across the globe, due to large production by players operating in the region. This is anticipated to propel the demand for textile auxiliaries such as dyeing, printing, and finishing agents in these economies during the forecast period.
- The demand for textile auxiliaries in North America is projected to increase at a moderate rate from 2019 to 2027. The well-established textile industry in the U.S. produces manmade fibers, filaments, and apparel.
- The technical textile industry in the U.S. has witnessed significant growth over the last few years. Investments toward the production of fibers, fabrics, yarns, and non-apparel textile goods by major players have been rising over the last few years. These key factors are projected to boost the demand for textile auxiliaries in the country in the near future.
- Europe witnesses the presence of a large number of textile and clothing manufacturers. Countries in Europe are producing and exporting textile products such as natural fibers, manmade fibers, yarns and threads, woven fabrics, knitted fabrics, technical textiles, and home textiles.
- Germany, France, and the U.K. are witnessing the production of textile goods in large amounts. This is projected to propel the consumption of textile auxiliaries in these countries during the forecast period.
Stringent Regulatory Framework to Hamper Textile Auxiliaries Market
- A large number of chemicals of various types are used in the fabric-processing operation as well as during the fabric production process. This has become a key challenge for several textile manufacturers across the globe. The textile industry produces a large amount of toxic chemicals in the form of dyes, bleaching agents, and finishing agents.
- These chemicals cause water pollution through salts, ionic metals, and toxic surfactants. The direct release of chemicals in sewage in the untreated form causes damage to the environment and ecosystem. This factor is projected to restrain the global market during the forecast period.
- The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the European Union have implemented stringent regulations on toxic chemicals and their use in the textile industry. The production of fabrics as well as their drying process releases harmful pollutants and volatile organic compounds (VOCs), which cause ozone layer depletion. Stringent regulations on these toxic chemicals in various countries are likely to hamper the global textile auxiliaries market during the forecast period.
Global Textile Auxiliaries Market: Key Product Segments
- Based on product, the global textile auxiliaries market can be segregated into pretreatment agents, dyeing & printing agents, finishing agents, and spin finish auxiliaries. Among the products, the dyeing & printing agents segment held a major share of the global textile auxiliaries market in 2018, and is likely to expand at a CAGR of ~4% between 2019 and 2027.
- A large amount of dyes and printing agents are used in fabric production, due to the requirement for a broad range of textures and different types of color shades in fabrics. Growth of the global fashion industry is estimated to boost the demand for textile auxiliaries across the world during the forecast period.
- The finishing agents segment constituted a key share of the global textile auxiliaries market in 2018. Top fabric manufacturers use fabric softeners and leveling agents, owing to their excellent softening properties. The rising demand for extra soft clothing, garments, and personal wear is projected to fuel the global market for textile auxiliaries in the next few years.
Global Textile Auxiliaries Market: Key Application Segments
- Based on application, the global textile auxiliaries market is segregated into home furnishings, technical textiles, apparel, and industrial textiles. The home furnishings segment is sub-segmented into carpets & rugs, furniture, and others. Among the applications, the apparel segment held a major share of the global textile auxiliaries market in 2018. This segment is expected to expand at a CAGR of ~4% from 2019 and 2027.
- The apparel segment is a major application segment in the textile auxiliaries market. A wide range of fabric chemicals are used to make apparel soft and wearable. A broad range of apparel categories include garments, formal clothing, casual wear, sportswear, and fashion accessories. A large amount of textile auxiliaries are utilized in stages such as pretreatment, dyeing & printing, and finishing. The rising demand for apparel across the globe is expected to fuel the demand for textile auxiliaries in the next few years.
Asia Pacific - Highly Lucrative Textile Auxiliaries Market
- In terms of value and volume, Asia Pacific constituted a major share of the global textile auxiliaries market in 2018, and the same trend is projected to continue during the forecast period.
- Rapid growth of the textile manufacturing industry in India, supported by the government’s ‘Make in India’ campaign, is projected to fuel the market for textile auxiliaries in the country during the forecast period. The textile industry in Asia Pacific, particularly in China, India, Bangladesh, and Vietnam, is likely to witness significant growth in the next few years.
- North America and Europe held considerable shares in the global textile auxiliaries market in 2018. The two regions have imposed environment-related regulations on the usage of textile auxiliaries. Thus, the markets in North America and Europe are projected to expand at a moderate rate during the forecast period.
- The markets in Latin America and the Middle East & Africa are estimated to expand at a sluggish rate from 2019 to 2027, due to the limited presence of textile manufacturing companies in these regions. Increasing industrialization and imports of textile chemicals are anticipated to fuel the market in these regions in the next few years.
Global Textile Auxiliaries Market: Competition Landscape
- Major players operating in the global textile auxiliaries market are -
- Huntsman International LLC,
- Dow Chemicals,
- ZSCHIMMER & SCHWARZ, and
- Fibro Chem LLC.
- Other key vendors include
- Evonik Industries AG,
- Fineotex Group,
- Camex Ltd.,
- Croda International Plc.,
- Kemin Industries
- Covestro AG.
- The global textile auxiliaries market was fragmented in 2018, and the trend is projected to continue throughout the forecast period.
Textile Auxiliaries Market - Scope of the Report
Transparency Market Research’s recent report on the global textile auxiliaries market, with the help of a comprehensive outlook, provides readers with an assessment of the global market landscape. This study on the global textile auxiliaries market analyzes the market scenario for the period of 2019 to 2027, wherein, 2018 is the base year and 2027 is the end of the forecast period. This report enables readers to make important decisions with regard to their business, with the help of a wealth of information that is enclosed in the study.
This TMR study on the global textile auxiliaries market also provides data on the developments made by important players and stakeholders operating in the market, along with a competition analysis. The report also provides an understanding of the strengths, weaknesses, threats, and opportunities, along with the market trends and restraints in the competition landscape section.
This study also discusses the underlying trends and the impact of various factors on the global textile auxiliaries market, along with their influence on the evolution of the market
This study also offers the Porter’s five forces analysis, value chain analysis, pricing analysis, production output, and regulatory scenario of the global textile auxiliaries market, in order to elaborate on the crucial growth strategies of, and opportunities for players, operating in the market.
Key Questions Answered in Global Textile Auxiliaries Market Report
- How much revenue is the global textile auxiliaries market expected to generate by the end of the forecast period?
- Which regions currently account for the maximum share of the global textile auxiliaries market?
- What are the key factors expected to drive the global textile auxiliaries market?
- Which region is likely to be a lucrative market for textile auxiliaries during the forecast period?
- What are the essential strategies adopted by key players operating in the global textile auxiliaries market to expand their geographical presence?
- What are the major advancements in the global textile auxiliaries market?
This report answers these questions and more about the global textile auxiliaries market, aiding major stakeholders and key players in making the right decisions and strategizing for the growth of their business.
Global Textile Auxiliaries Market: Research Methodology
This TMR report on the global textile auxiliaries market is based on a complete and comprehensive evaluation of the market, backed by secondary and primary sources. The competition scenario of the global textile auxiliaries market is supported by an assessment of different factors that influence the market on a minute and granular level. By thoroughly analyzing the historical data and the current trends, researchers of the global textile auxiliaries market arrived at predictions and estimations, and calculated the forecasts for the market.
This report uses an the analytical triangulation method to estimate the numbers of the global textile auxiliaries market, by using both, the bottom-up and top-down approaches.
This detailed assessment of the global textile auxiliaries market, along with an overview of the market, is provided based on a careful examination of the avenues related to the market. Analysts’ conclusions on how the global textile auxiliaries market is set to expand are based on carefully-vetted primary and secondary sources.
Global Textile Auxiliaries Market: Segmentation
This report on the global textile auxiliaries market provides segmentation of the market based on product, application, and region.