Teriflunomide Market: Introduction
- Teriflunomide is sold under the brand name Aubagio; it is the active metabolite of leflunomide. Teriflunomide was assessed in the Phase III clinical trial TEMSO as a medication for multiple sclerosis (MS). The study was successfully completed in July 2010. 2-year results were positive. However, after the subsequent TENERE head-to-head comparison trial reported that meanwhile the permanent discontinuations [of therapy] were substantially less common in MS patients who received Teriflunomide as compared to interferon beta-1a, relapses, which were more common with Teriflunomide. In September 2012, the drug was approved for usage in the U.S. and for usage in the European Union in August 2013.
- This medication is used for the treatment of multiple sclerosis-MS. It is not a cure for multiple sclerosis; however, it is thought to work by declining certain immune system cells (lymphocytes) that can attack the nerves of the human’s brain and spinal cord. This helps to decrease the number of flare-ups (relapses) and may help slow down physical problems caused by multiple sclerosis. Teriflunomide is an immunomodulatory that inhibits the synthesis of pyrimidine de novo by blocking the enzyme dihydroorotate dehydrogenase. Teriflunomide works by inhibiting rapidly dividing cells, including activated T cells, which are thought to drive the disease process in multiple sclerosis.
- The Teriflunomide market can be segmented based on form, indication, end-user, and region. Based on form, the market can be classified into powders, tablets, and others. Based on end-user, the market can be split into hospitals, clinics, and others. In terms of indication, the market can be split into cancer treatment, immunosuppression, multiple sclerosis, and others.
Key Drivers, Restraints, and Opportunities of Global Teriflunomide Market
- Rising burden of cancer, multiple sclerosis, and autoimmune disease, together with growing FDA, fuels the global teriflunomide market. Teriflunomide is majorly utilized in the treatment of relapsing and remitting forms of multiple sclerosis. Teriflunomide is a capable candidate for treatment of multiple sclerosis. The FDA has been approving numerous companies for the manufacture of Teriflunomide. According to a study from the National MS Society, it is estimated that approximately 1 million people in the U.S. live with multiple sclerosis, and 2.3 million people live with MS, globally. Around 200 new cases are diagnosed every week in the U.S. The role of teriflunomide among the increasing number of treatment options would further boost its demand. It is promising for other diseases such as autoimmune & cancer disorders.
- A key challenge for the market is that this medication may raise blood pressure. This medication may also lower the ability to fight infections. Teriflunomide can even cause a mild rash, thus all these side-effects are estimated to hamper the usage of teriflunomide drug.
North America to Capture Major Share of Global Teriflunomide Market
Cases of multiple sclerosis are increasing in North America. For instance, as per the National Multiple Sclerosis Society’s study in 2017, approximately 1 million adults (up to 913,925) were suffering with multiple sclerosis in the U.S. Additionally, in 2010, the estimated prevalence of the disease was 309 cases per 100,000 people, i.e., there were 727,344 adults suffering from multiple sclerosis. Furthermore, as per the Government of Canada, (2014–2015 estimates) around 77,000 people are suffering with multiple sclerosis of which three-fourth are women. Furthermore, as per statistics from the Multiple Sclerosis Society, approximately 110,000 people were suffering from the disorder in the U.K. in 2018. It also stated that multiple sclerosis is more than twice prevalent in females than males. While, the number of new patients diagnosed per year is also increasing significantly; (increased from 5,000 in 2017 to 6,700 in 2018). Thus, an increase in prevalence of multiple sclerosis in North America is driving the usage of teriflunomide across the region. Furthermore, an increase in cases of cancers are further boosting the usage of teriflunomide across the region.
Key Players Operating in Global Teriflunomide Market
The global Teriflunomide market is highly fragmented, with the presence of various key players. A large number of manufacturers hold a major share in their respective regions. Major players operating in the global Teriflunomide market are:
- Sanofi Aventis
- Genzyme Corporation
- Amneal Pharmaceuticals NY LC
- Glenmark Pharmaceuticals
- Msn Laboratories Private Limited
- Alembic Pharmaceuticals
- Shilpa Medicare
- Emcure Pharma
- Megafine Pharma (P) Ltd.
Global Teriflunomide Market: Research Scope
Global Teriflunomide Market, by Form
Global Teriflunomide Market, by Indication
- Cancer Treatment
- Multiple sclerosis
Global Teriflunomide Market, by End-user
Global Teriflunomide Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East &Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.