Temporomandibular Joint Implants: Introduction
- Temporomandibular joint (TMJ) implants are medical devices that are used to replace partial or the total jaw. These joints are primarily intended to restore the normal temporomandibular joint function such as opening and closing of the mouth and chewing.
- TMJ implant surgery is carried out on when other reconstructive surgeries such as tissue grafts and joints, and non-surgical treatment are unable to restore normal TMJ functioning and relieve symptoms for patients
- Various materials have been evaluated and developed for the total or partial replacement of temporomandibular joints, which includes plastics, Teflon, silicone, metals, and a combination of different materials
- Different types of temporomandibular joint implants have been developed and several products are under different stages of clinical trials for regulatory approvals
Temporomandibular Joint Implants Market: Key Drivers
- Rise in number of oral and maxillofacial surgeries, accident cases, and prevalence of oral cancer across the globe is projected to drive the market during the forecast period
- For instance, in the U.S., the prevalence rate for temporomandibular and muscle joint disorder is estimated to range between 5% and 12%
- Technological advancements in temporomandibular joint implant devices, such as virtual surgical case planning; advent of 3D metal printing; and new product launches are likely to propel the global market during the forecast period
- However, high cost of surgical procedures, high cost of implants, and complex technicalities involved during the procedures and restrictive healthcare coverage are major factors that are projected to hamper the market in the near future
Mandibular Component Segment to Lead Global Market
- In terms of product type, the global temporomandibular joint implant market can be classified into mandibular component and fossa component. The mandibular component segment is projected to dominate the global market during the forecast period.
- Wide adoption of mandibular components in total temporomandibular joint implant surgeries is likely to fuel the segment’s dominant market share during the forecast period
Hospitals Segment to Dominate Global Market
- Based on end-user, the global temporomandibular joint implant market can be categorized into hospitals and ambulatory surgery centers. The hospitals segment is projected to dominate the global market during the forecast period.
- Large number of implantable surgical procedures carried out at hospitals, rapid increase in number of orthopedic specialty hospitals in emerging countries, and availability of desired infrastructure at these centers are attributed to the dominance of the hospital segment of the market
Europe Temporomandibular Joint Implant Market to Expand Rapidly
- In terms of region, the global temporomandibular joint implant market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is projected to dominate the global temporomandibular joint implants market during the forecast period. High prevalence and increase in incidence of temporomandibular joint disorders, high prevalence of oral cancer, and high per capita healthcare expenditure in the region are key factors that are expected to boost the market in North America during the forecast period.
- The temporomandibular joint implants market in Europe is likely to expand at a high CAGR during the forecast period. This can be ascribed to a rise in the number of people suffering from maxillofacial disorders, new product development and increased availability of these products in Europe, and increased adoption of these implants.
- Significant expansion of the healthcare industry, easy access to healthcare facilities, and increase in investments in healthcare by leading players in Europe are projected to augment the market in the region in the near future
Key Players Operating in Global Temporomandibular Joint Implants Market
The global temporomandibular joint implant market is consolidated, with a small number of international players holding a major share of the global market. Prominent players operating in the global temporomandibular joint implant market include:
- Zimmer Biomet Holdings Inc.
- Ortho Baltic.
- Xilloc Medical B.V.
Global Temporomandibular Joint Implants Market: Research Scope
Global Temporomandibular Joint Implants Market, by Product Type
- Mandibular Component
- Fossa Component
Global Temporomandibular Joint Implants Market, by End-user
- Ambulatory Surgery Centers
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.