Telecom API Market
Telecom API Market (Service Type: Payment, SMS, MMS, and RCS, Maps & Location, Voice/Speech, Identity Management, WebRTC, and Others (Device Information, Do Not Disturb, etc.); and End User: Enterprise Developer, Internal Telecom Developer, Partner Developer, and Long Tail Developer) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2020 - 2030
Press Release :
API Set to Redefine Telecom Sector as Telecom 2.0 Gets Closer to Reality
The telecom sector has played an imperative role in the development of human society and has consistently remained the main driver for global digital transformation. Over the past couple of decades, technological advancements and implementation of new software infrastructure have played a pivotal role in the development of the telecommunication sector around the world. The telecom sector is expected to provide a makeover to enterprise systems and an array of B2C channels and transform them into agile and modern platforms. The tectonic shift toward digital technologies is likely to have a strong impact on the future of the telecom sector. The integration of streamlined messaging and voice is the major factor that is likely to reshape the telecom industry during the forecast period.
The advent of the application programming interface into the telecom space is expected to set the tone for how developers as well as consumers interact with a system. User-friendly API is set to make a solid impression across the telecom sector and set the wheels rolling for Telecom 2.0. Over the past few years, a large number of telecommunication companies have gradually drifted from being carriers and are increasingly becoming more visible across the value chain. The proliferation of cloud technologies and mobile Internet coupled with increasing access to the 4G LTE network is projected to provide a significant boost to the overall growth of the global telecom API market. At the back of these factors, the global telecom API market is expected to attain a market value of ~US$ 1 Trn by the end of 2030.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Telecom API Market
Identity APIs Likely to Address Digital Identity Management
Over the past decade, APIs have played an essential role in the development of mobile applications and the modern web due to constant pressure to launch applications into the market. The adoption of third party APIs is primarily driven by C level digital transformation initiatives and growing requirements to find the right expertise, owing to complex requirements of applications. At present, some of the leading companies involved in the telecom API market are utilizing their spare resources to develop some pre-existing and common functionalities from scratch.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
The adoption of API is on the rise across the telecom sector, as it provides access to niche and advanced functionalities to companies of all sizes. In addition, as payment, identity, and communications are core requirements of customer-facing applications, the demand for telecom API is on the rise. At present, data management and protection of the identity data of thousands of customers that engage with the different applications is highly crucial to prevent bad press, data breaches, and GDPR fines. Some of the key areas wherein telecom API developers are currently seeking improvements include multi-factor authentication, single-sign-on (SSO), dynamic utilization of strong identities, usage of social identity, setup and contextual authentication, identity storage data, and mobile identity support, among others.
Market Players Increasingly Focus on API Development to Enable Integration of Services
Over the past few years, the telecom sector has experienced a tectonic shift from the hardware space to the software space primarily driven by API. Cloud communication platforms are at the vanguard of the telecom API providing SMS, video, chat, voice, etc. Recent trends suggest strong demand for mobile top-up API and a range of other telecom APIs– a factor that is expected to propel the growth of the telecom API market during the assessment period. Several companies in the current telecom API market landscape are focusing on the development of API to enable the integration of their services within programs and applications of developers. For instance, Twilio, provides an API in which its own cloud network can be integrated into the developer’s applications. Moreover, another participant involved in the telecom API market, Aepona, provides an API foundation platform, that is largely used to implement, create, and monetize APIs. While identity API is expected to garner considerable popularity, maps and location API is expected to remain the most popular service type.
Adoption of API Likely to Streamline COVID-19 Tracking
As the COVID-19 pandemic continues to stall the progress of several industrial sectors across the world, several companies that are active in the current telecom API market are focusing on the development of new concepts of API to provide an impetus to the delivery of COVID-19 tracking technologies. For instance, Apple and Google have announced that tech giants have come together to roll out the initial version of an API to the developers– a step that is likely to pave the way for COVID-19 tracking technologies. The two tech giants announced that the collaboration is aimed toward creating a solution that is expected to enable transmission of data to track COVID-19 cases and contact tracing. While the telecom API market is likely to enter an indefinite period of uncertainty, market players are projected to provide solutions that are likely to assist in the detection and tracking of active COVID-19 cases.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Telecom API Market
The global telecom API market is expected to grow at a staggering CAGR of ~19% during the forecast period. The market growth is primarily driven by a range of factors, including the proliferation of cloud technologies & mobile Internet, high adoption of location & maps API, and growing emphasis on the development of API to enable the integration of services across the programs used by developers. North America will be at the forefront in terms of the development of new telecom API and likely to provide considerable opportunities, owing to rapid adoption of new technologies and high concentration of tier 1 market players.
Telecom API Market: Overview
- The global telecom API market is expected to reach ~US$ 1 Trn by 2030 from ~US$ 250 Bn in 2020, expanding at a CAGR of ~19% from 2020 to 2030
- The global telecom API market is currently driven by increasing adoption of mobile Internet and cloud computing among end users. The telecom API market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand at a high CAGR during the forecast period. Adoption of smartphones and new technologies has propelled the demand for telecom API in the region.
- China is the most attractive market in Asia Pacific. The incremental opportunity is significantly higher for China, as it accounts for a dominant share of the telecom API market in the region.
- The telecom API market report provides analysis of the global telecom API market for the period 2018 - 2030, wherein 2019 is the base year, 2020 is the estimated year, and 2021 to 2030 is the forecast period. Data for 2018 has been included as historical information.
- The telecom API market represents the overall Application Programming Interface (API) services provided by telecom carriers, service providers, and aggregators to application developers in order to create mobile applications
- In this report, we analyze the challenges end users face in acquiring the right telecom API that can cope with the rapidly changing world. The report also highlights the total revenue generated through the sale of telecom APIs across various key regions worldwide.
North America Telecom API Market: Snapshot
- The telecom API market in North America is anticipated to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period, followed by Europe. North America remains the leading market for telecom APIs, with revenues in 2020 estimated at US$ 86.79 Bn.
- Strong presence of telecom API vendors, along with high spending in R&D in North America is a crucial factor driving the market. New enhancements related to telecom API are primarily introduced in the U.S. and then marketed around the world. According to GSMA Intelligence, the penetration of 5G connections in North America is expected to reach 48% of the total connections by the end of 2025. 5G enables high-speed Internet bandwidth connectivity to end users. Thus, the telecom API market is expected to grow significantly during the forecast period in the region.
Key Growth Drivers of Telecom API Market
- Proliferation of Mobile Internet and Cloud Technologies – Increasing adoption of mobile Internet and cloud computing is expected to boost the use of mobile applications in the coming years. Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) and mobile video streaming are projected to contribute majority of mobile data traffic. The adoption of cloud technology in mobile applications is helping telecom carriers to provide WebRTC and voice API to application developers. This is likely to increase the adoption of telecom API in mobile application development.
- Advent of 5G Technology – Internet has revolutionized the world. The advent of 5G technologies is expected to boost the telecom API market during the forecast period. According to GSMA, 5G connections are expected to reach 1.8 billion by 2025. As per TMR analysis, at present, mobile 5G is available from 46 operators in 24 markets across the globe. Additionally, around 79 global operators are planning to launch 5G mobile services during the forecast. Thus, the increasing adoption of mobile Internet and cloud computing is expected to boost the use of mobile applications in the coming years.
Key Challenges Faced by Telecom API Market Players
- The proliferation of over the top (OTT) Internet service providers is expected to challenge the market growth in the near future. Over the top Internet service providers complement audio, video, and some other data streaming with core services. This is provided over mobile internet networks, which is independent of telecom carriers. Thus, telecom infrastructure cost is offset, with the user charged only for the amount of data consumed. Over the top services via VoIP is severely hampering profits of telecom API companies that they can earn through voice, SMS, and MMS.
Telecom API Market: Competition Landscape
- In March 2020, Google, LLC collaborated with AT&T Inc. to develop 5G edge computing solutions. The company recently invested in launching Anthos for telecom to deliver an open platform that spans multi-cloud and edge.
- In February 2019, Twilio, Inc. acquired SendGrid, Inc., an email API platform company for US$ 2 Bn, to increase its customer base and product offering. Through this acquisition, Twillo, Inc. is now able to use SendGrid’s communication platforms such as voice, messaging, video, and email.
Telecom API Market: Company Profile Snapshot
- Twilio, Inc.: Incorporated in 2008, Twilio, Inc. is a San Francisco, California, U.S.-based company, which provides cloud-based API solutions to mobile application developers to enhance their application features. The company offers various products related to messaging, MMS, and voice based services.
- Fortumo OU: Fortumo OU provides in-app purchase- and payment-based API for application developers, aggregators, and enterprises. Fortumo payment API enables developers to accept payments from 84 countries across 300 telecom carriers. The company provides payment solutions for Android, Windows, and iOS platforms.
- Other major players operating in the global telecom API market and profiled in the report include
- AT&T, Inc.
- Cisco Systems, Inc
- Orange S.A.
- Verizon Communications Inc.
- Google, LLC,
- Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd.
Telecom API Market – Scope of the Report
A latest study collated and published by Transparency Market Research (TMR) analyzes the historical and present-day scenario of the global telecom API market, to accurately gauge its potential future development. The study presents detailed information about the important growth factors, restraints, and key trends that are creating the landscape for the future growth of the telecom API market, to identify the opportunistic avenues of the business potential for stakeholders. The report also provides insightful information about how the telecom API market is expected to progress during the forecast period 2020-2030.
The report offers intricate dynamics about the different aspects of the telecom API market that aids companies operating in the market in making strategic development decisions. TMR’s study elaborates on the significant changes that are highly anticipated to configure the growth of the telecom API market during the forecast period. It also includes a key indicator assessment to highlight the growth prospects of the telecom API market, and estimate statistics related to the market progress in terms of value (US$ Bn).
This study covers a detailed segmentation of the telecom API market, along with cross-country analysis, key information, and a competitive outlook. The report mentions the company profiles of key players that are currently dominating the telecom API market, wherein, various developments, expansion, and winning strategies practiced and executed by leading players have been presented in detail.
Key Questions Answered in TMR’s Report on Telecom API Market
The report provides detailed information about the telecom API market on the basis of comprehensive research on various factors that play a key role in accelerating the growth potential of the market. Information mentioned in the report answers path-breaking questions for companies that are currently functioning in the market and are looking for innovative ways to create a unique benchmark in the telecom API market, so as to help them make successful strategies and take target-driven decisions.
- Which regions will continue to remain the most profitable regional markets for telecom API market players?
- Which factors will induce a change in the demand for telecom APIs during the assessment period?
- How will changing trends impact the telecom API market?
- How will COVID-19 impact the telecom API market?
- How can market players capture low-hanging opportunities in the telecom API market in developed regions?
- Which companies are leading the telecom API market?
- What are the winning strategies of stakeholders in the telecom API market to upscale their position in this landscape?
- What will be the Y-o-Y growth of the telecom API market between 2020 and 2030?
- What are the winning imperatives of market frontrunners in the telecom API market?
Research Methodology – Telecom API Market
The research methodology adopted by analysts to compile the telecom API market report is based on detailed primary as well as secondary research. With the help of in-depth insights of the industry-affiliated information that is obtained and legitimated by market-admissible resources, analysts have offered riveting observations and authentic forecasts of the telecom API market.
During the primary research phase, analysts interviewed industry stakeholders, investors, brand managers, vice presidents, and sales and marketing managers. On the basis of data obtained through the interviews of genuine resources, analysts have emphasized the changing scenario of the telecom API market.
For secondary research, analysts scrutinized numerous annual report publications, white papers, industry association publications, and company websites to obtain the necessary understanding of the telecom API market.
Telecom API Market – Segmentation
TMR’s research study assesses the telecom API market on the basis of service type, end user, and region. The report presents extensive market dynamics and progressive trends associated with different segments, and how they influence the growth prospects of the telecom API market.
SMS, MMS, and RCS
Maps & Location
Others (Device information, Do Not Disturb, etc.)
Internal Telecom Developer
Long Tail Developer
Middle East & Africa