Tea-based Skin Care: Introduction
- Tea based ingredients are used to manufacture natural skin care products. These products do not have any ill effect on human skin.
Key Drivers of the Global Tea-based Skin Care Market
- Growing consumer awareness about the benefits of natural cosmetic products is boosting the growth of the tea-based skin care market.
- Tea contains high concentration of vitamin E, vitamin B, antioxidants, tannin, caffeine, potassium, folate, magnesium, and manganese. These ingredients help to delay and prevent aging by improving the appearance of the skin. Vitamin E works to provide hydration, cell regeneration, and nourishment. Skin care formulations are made with major ingredients including tea extracts which is driving the growth of the tea based skin care market.
- Some of the popular teas used in skin care products are spearmint, white, hibiscus, oolong, and green. White tea works as a moisturizing component to prevent skin damage caused by sun exposure. Oolong, hibiscus, and spearmint tea prevents skin problems including eczema, clogged pores, and acne. These properties work as a market driver for tea-based skin care products.
Increasing Consumer Awareness about Harmful Chemical Skin Care Products
- Growing consumer awareness about the ill effects of chemical skin care products is driving the demand for natural products including tea-based skin care products. Furthermore, consumers in developing countries are reducing the usage of chemical cosmetics which is expected to boost the market growth in the next few years.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Rising Penetration of Alternative Products to Hamper the Market
- Growing penetration of low budget skin care products is likely to restrict the growth of the tea-based skin care market. Average price of conventional skin care product is much lower than organic and natural products, which is expected to decrease the demand for tea-based skin care products in the coming years.
Asia Pacific to Hold Major Share of the Global Tea-based Skin Care Market
- Asia Pacific accounted for largest share of the tea-based skin care market. Demand for organic and natural ingredients in cosmetics is very high among consumers of this region. It has been observed that large number of consumers prefer to purchase natural beauty products rather than chemical products in China, Hong Kong, Japan, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, and India. Various global manufacturers including Lu Ming Tang, AmorePacific Corporation, Soh-cha, and SkinYoga are hence operating their companies from this region.
- The popular tea culture in Asia Pacific has a positive impact on the production sector as a result of easy raw material availability. White and green tea are used as major ingredients in tea-based skin care products. China accounted for over 50% share of the green tea production which will help local tea based skin care product manufacturers to increase their production.
Key Players Operating in the Global Market
The global tea-based skin care market is highly fragmented with many small and large players present in the market. Companies are adopting several strategies including product innovation & development as well merger & acquisition to boost their market revenue. For instance, in June 2019, Unilever, a U.S. based company, acquired Japan based modern skincare brand Tatcha LLC. This acquisition is expected to help Unilever increase its natural product portfolio. A few of the key players operating in the global tea-based skin care market are:
- 100% PURE
- Amorepacific Corporation
- Avon Products, Inc.
- L'Oréal S.A.
- Lu Ming Tang
- Natura & Co
- Organic Tea Cosmetics Holdings Co Ltd.
- Schmidt's Naturals
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Tea-Based Skin Care Market, ask for a customized report
Global Tea-Based Skin Care: Research Scope
Global Tea-Based Skin Care, by Product Type
- Facial Care
- Body Care
Global Tea-Based Skin Care, by Distribution Channel
- Supermarkets & Hypermarkets
- Convenience Stores
Global Tea-Based Skin Care, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
The report on the global tea-based skin care market is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, and inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macroeconomic indicators, and governing factors, along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various factors on market segments and regions.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.