Tea-based Skin Care: Introduction
- Tea based ingredients are used to manufacture natural skin care products. These products do not have any ill effect on human skin.
Key Drivers of the Global Tea-based Skin Care Market
- Growing consumer awareness about the benefits of natural cosmetic products is boosting the growth of the tea-based skin care market.
- Tea contains high concentration of vitamin E, vitamin B, antioxidants, tannin, caffeine, potassium, folate, magnesium, and manganese. These ingredients help to delay and prevent aging by improving the appearance of the skin. Vitamin E works to provide hydration, cell regeneration, and nourishment. Skin care formulations are made with major ingredients including tea extracts which is driving the growth of the tea based skin care market.
- Some of the popular teas used in skin care products are spearmint, white, hibiscus, oolong, and green. White tea works as a moisturizing component to prevent skin damage caused by sun exposure. Oolong, hibiscus, and spearmint tea prevents skin problems including eczema, clogged pores, and acne. These properties work as a market driver for tea-based skin care products.
Increasing Consumer Awareness about Harmful Chemical Skin Care Products
- Growing consumer awareness about the ill effects of chemical skin care products is driving the demand for natural products including tea-based skin care products. Furthermore, consumers in developing countries are reducing the usage of chemical cosmetics which is expected to boost the market growth in the next few years.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Rising Penetration of Alternative Products to Hamper the Market
- Growing penetration of low budget skin care products is likely to restrict the growth of the tea-based skin care market. Average price of conventional skin care product is much lower than organic and natural products, which is expected to decrease the demand for tea-based skin care products in the coming years.
Asia Pacific to Hold Major Share of the Global Tea-based Skin Care Market
- Asia Pacific accounted for largest share of the tea-based skin care market. Demand for organic and natural ingredients in cosmetics is very high among consumers of this region. It has been observed that large number of consumers prefer to purchase natural beauty products rather than chemical products in China, Hong Kong, Japan, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, and India. Various global manufacturers including Lu Ming Tang, AmorePacific Corporation, Soh-cha, and SkinYoga are hence operating their companies from this region.
- The popular tea culture in Asia Pacific has a positive impact on the production sector as a result of easy raw material availability. White and green tea are used as major ingredients in tea-based skin care products. China accounted for over 50% share of the green tea production which will help local tea based skin care product manufacturers to increase their production.
Key Players Operating in the Global Market
The global tea-based skin care market is highly fragmented with many small and large players present in the market. Companies are adopting several strategies including product innovation & development as well merger & acquisition to boost their market revenue. For instance, in June 2019, Unilever, a U.S. based company, acquired Japan based modern skincare brand Tatcha LLC. This acquisition is expected to help Unilever increase its natural product portfolio. A few of the key players operating in the global tea-based skin care market are:
- 100% PURE
- Amorepacific Corporation
- Avon Products, Inc.
- L'Oréal S.A.
- Lu Ming Tang
- Natura & Co
- Organic Tea Cosmetics Holdings Co Ltd.
- Schmidt's Naturals
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Tea-Based Skin Care Market, ask for a customized report
Global Tea-Based Skin Care: Research Scope
Global Tea-Based Skin Care, by Product Type
- Facial Care
- Body Care
Global Tea-Based Skin Care, by Distribution Channel
- Supermarkets & Hypermarkets
- Convenience Stores
Global Tea-Based Skin Care, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.