Tauopathies Treatment Market: Introduction
- As per the NCBI (National Center for Biotechnology Information), tauopathies are described as neurodegenerative disorders caused by abnormal deposition of tau protein in the brain. Major tauopathies disorders include Pick’s disease, corticobasal degeneration, argyrophilic grain disease, and progressive supranuclear palsy. Emerging tauopathies disorders are primary age-related tauopathy including neurofibrillary tangle dementia, chronic traumatic encephalopathy (CTE), and aging-related tau astrogliopathy. Moreover, globular glial tauopathies in which tau is further characterized by astrocytic inclusions and globular tau-reactive oligodendroglial are considered as emerging tauopathies disorders. The globular glial tauopathies is further classified into three sub-types based on distribution of inclusions. Clinical symptoms of tauopathies include frontotemporal dementia, pure akinesia, Richardson syndrome, Parkinsonism, corticobasal syndrome, and motor neuron symptoms of cerebellar ataxia. In some neurodegenerative disorders, specific image of tau deposition is captured due to neuroimaging features. Tauopathies also occur due to novel concept of cell to cell distribution process.
- Proper diagnosis is required to diagnose these neurodegenerative disorders in patients, for which cost-effective screenings are recommended. Thus, examination of amygdala, hippocampus, and basal ganglia is widely preferred by the neurosurgeons. Ongoing clinical trial and research would help understand cause and treatment of the tauopathies condition in the near future.
Are you a Start-up willing to make it big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Tauopathies Treatment Market Report
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Tauopathies Treatment Market
- Ongoing research & development to develop drugs for tauopathies treatment is likely to be a driving factor for the market at global level. Increase in investments and rise in health care spending by the government are a few attributable growth factors. As per research, currently, no approved treatments are available for tauopathies protein found in neurodegenerative diseases, although as per research, the first approved drug would be a boon for the tauopathies treatment.
- Regulatory approval process and supportive reimbursment policies are likely to setup therapeutic approach for tauopathies treatment. The clinical trials on developing farnesyltransferase inhibitor and disease-modifying drugs are expected to drive the global market in the next few years. However, the research is a time consuming process and currently no approved drugs are present in the market. These factors are expected to restrain the tauopathies treatment market.
North America to Lead Global Tauopathies Treatment Market
- In terms of region, the global tauopathies treatment market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is projected to dominate the tauopathies market during the forecast period, owing to established research & development, investments in the late stage clinical development of drugs for tauopathies, supportive health care expenditure, government initiatives, and diagnosis of symptoms of tauopathies. Rise in incidence of neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s; and presence of pharmaceutical and research companies in the region are likely to boost the tauopathies treatment market. Moreover, surge in health care expenditure, advanced health care facilities, and expanding contract research organizations in the market are anticipated to boost the growth of the tauopathies market in the region.
- Europe is estimated to hold the second largest share of the global market in the next few years, followed by Asia Pacific. Diagnosis of tauopathy condition in 20 neurodegenerative diseases and investments by pharmaceutical companies and governments for research & development of treatment are expected to drive the market in Europe. Furthermore, rise in awareness about tauopathies treatment and initiatives by the government are likely to fuel the growth of the tauopathies treatment market in Asia Pacific region.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Tauopathies Treatment Market, Request for a Sample
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Tauopathies Treatment Market
The global tauopathies treatment market consists of only a few players including pharmaceutical and small clinical stage companies involved in drugs development for treating tauopathies. Some of these players are:
- Avanir Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Otsuka Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd
- AB Science
- Catalent Inc.
Global Tauopathies Treatment Market: Research Scope
Global Tauopathies Treatment Market, by Disease
- Alzheimer’s Disease
- Frontotemporal Degeneration
- Progressive Supranuclear Palsy (PSP)
- Corticobasal Degeneration (CBD)
- Pick’s Disease
- Other Neurodegenerative Diseases
Global Tauopathies Treatment Market, by End-user
- Specialized clinics
Global Tauopathies Treatment Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.