Targeted DNA/RNA Sequencing: Introduction
- Targeted sequencing is a rapid and cost-effective method to detect known and novel variants in selected sets of genes or genomic regions. Gene sequencing can be accomplished using several different DNA sequencing methods, depending on the scale.
- Targeted RNA-sequencing (RNA-Seq) is a highly accurate method for selecting and sequencing specific transcripts of interest. It offers both quantitative and qualitative information. Targeted RNA-Seq can be achieved via either enrichment or amplicon-based approaches, both of which enable gene expression analysis in a focused set of genes of interest.
Key Drivers of Global Targeted DNA/RNA Sequencing Market
- The global targeted DNA/RNA sequencing market is driven by continuous technological advancements and increase in availability of innovative & cost-effective sequencing platforms. Rise in usage of next generation sequencing methods such as exome sequencing and exome sequencing in research & development is projected to boost the growth of the global targeted DNA/RNA sequencing market during the forecast period.
- Major players focus on launch of new targeted DNA/RNA sequencing products. This is another major factor fueling the growth of the global market. For instance, in August 2020, Roche Molecular Systems, Inc. launched the new Exome and Custom KAPA Target Enrichment portfolio for translational and clinical applications in sequencing. In 2018, Twist Bioscience launched exome and custom target enrichment solutions for genomics and clinical researchers conducting next-generation sequencing.
DNA-based Targeted Sequencing to be Highly Promising Segment
- In terms of type, the global targeted DNA/RNA sequencing market can be bifurcated into DNA-based targeted sequencing and RNA-based targeted sequencing. DNA-based targeted sequencing is expected to be the leading segment during the forecast period.
- DNA-based targeted sequencing is the most common method used for sequencing, as it is cost-effective, requires less time compared to other methods, and availability of a range of products to facilitate DNA-seq
Drug Discovery Segment to Dominate Global Market
- Based on application, the global targeted DNA/RNA sequencing market can be categorized into drug discovery, human biomedical research, plant & animal sciences, and others. The drug discovery segment is likely to dominate the global market during the forecast period.
- EXOME sequencing, exome sequencing, and others are the most commonly used and preferred methods for drug discovery
Academic & Research Institutes to be Most Promising Segment
- In terms of end-user, the global targeted DNA/RNA sequencing market can be divided into hospitals & clinics, academic & research institutes, and pharma & biotech companies. The academic & research institutes segment held significant share of the market in 2020. The segment is projected to witness strong growth during the forecast period.
- Increase in research & development activities in the past few years has led to rise in demand for targeted DNA/RNA sequencing in academic & research institutes. Moreover, scholarships offered for NGS-based PhD projects are anticipated to propel the segment.
North America to Dominate Global Targeted DNA/RNA Sequencing Market
- In terms of region, the global targeted DNA/RNA sequencing market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is projected to dominate the global market during the forecast period. However, the region is anticipated to lose market share by the end of 2027. Presence of large number of genome centers with installed sequencers and presence of major players drive the targeted DNA/RNA sequencing market in North America. Effective regulatory bodies to review the sequencing-based genetic tests and new technological advancements augment the market in the region.
- The targeted DNA/RNA sequencing market in Asia Pacific is expected to expand at a high CAGR during the forecast period
Key Players Operating in Global Targeted DNA/RNA Sequencing Market
The global targeted DNA/RNA sequencing market was highly fragmented in 2020. Key players operating in the global market are:
- Illumina, Inc.
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd.
- Agilent Technologies
- Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc.
- Perkin Elmer, Inc.
- Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc.
- GATC Biotech AG
- DNASTAR, Inc.
- Integrated DNA Technologies, Inc.
- RainDance Technologies, Inc.
- Other prominent players
Global Targeted DNA/RNA Sequencing Market: Research Scope
Global Targeted DNA/RNA Sequencing Market, by Type
- DNA-based Targeted Sequencing
- RNA-based Targeted Sequencing
Global Targeted DNA/RNA Sequencing Market, by Application
- Drug Discovery
- Human Biomedical Research
- Plant & Animal Sciences
Global Targeted DNA/RNA Sequencing Market, by End-user
- Hospitals & Clinics
- Academic & Research Institutes
- Pharma & Biotech Companies
Global Targeted DNA/RNA sequencing Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.