Tanning Units Market: Overview
- A tanning unit is a machine used to produce an artificial tan by imitating the sun’s UV radiation. A tanning machine generally emits around 95% UVA rays and 5% UVB rays. However, nowadays, many companies are trying to develop a new model that produces only UVA, because UVB rays are considered carcinogenic. The UV radiations are produced by the machine with the help of bulbs or UV lamps. A normal tanning face chair contains 5 to 8 lamps whereas, tanning bed contains 10 to 15 lamps fixed beneath the bed. An inductor, known as choke ballast, is fixed inside the bulbs to regulate the rate of current flowing through the bulbs. After switching on the current, the bulb starts producing high amount of UV radiations containing both UVA and UVB.
- The global tanning units market is projected to grow at a significant pace during the forecast period, owing to increased risk of various diseases associated with the vitamin D deficiency and insufficiency. Unlike dietary or supplementary vitamin D, tanning units provide UV radiation to the body depending on its needs, and de-metabolize the extra.
Get a Glimpse of the In-Depth Analysis through our Comprehensive Tanning Units Market Brochure
Key Drivers of Global Tanning Units Market
- Rise in awareness to improve appearance, especially among women and high level of vitamin D deficiency among aging population are some factors that are boosting the demand for tanning units. Vitamin D deficiency is a universal health problem caused primarily by inadequate exposure to sunlight. According to the Age and Ageing Journal, 2014, nearly one billion people are suffering from vitamin D deficiency or insufficiency worldwide, and it is especially high among the elderly population. This is expected to drive the global tanning units market during the forecast period.
- One of the U.S. based research institutes, Sunlight Institutes, published a study in 2017, revealing that, one of the positive benefits of the tanning bed light is that it produces nitric oxide in the body when exposed to radiation, which improves blood flow and reduces blood pressure. This is another medical factor which is likely to gain popularity among the aging patients who suffer from hypertension and this is expected to propel the global market.
Risk Associated with Tanning Therapy to Restrain Market
- Factors such as too much UVB can cause burns and skin inflammations, premature skin ageing, and chances of eye damage are some disadvantages associated with the tanning units which can hamper the growth of the market
North America to Capture Major Share of Global Tanning Units Market
- The tanning units market in North America is anticipated to grow at a rapid pace during the forecast period. This can be attributed to increase in geriatric population, wide awareness about tanning therapy, and its advantages in the region. Moreover, high percentage of vitamin D deficiency among population in the U.S. drives the tanning units market in North America. According to the StatPearls medical article 2019, in the U.S., about 50% to 60% of nursing home residents and hospitalized patients had vitamin D deficiency.
- The market in Europe is likely to grow at a significant pace in the next few years due to rise in adoption of modern therapies such as tanning units among geriatric population for vitamin D production and rise in awareness about the therapy, specially, in the Northern Europe where exposure to natural sunlight is limited
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Tanning Units Market Report
Key Players Operating in Global Tanning Units Market
Major players operating in the global tanning units market are:
- Le Treviso
- JK-International GmbH
- ISO Italia Group S.r.l.
- KBL GmbH
- Ultrasun International B.V.
- VDL Hapro
Global Tanning Units Market: Research Scope
Global Tanning Units Market, by Product Type
- Bed Tanning Unit
- Facial Chair Tanning Unit
Global Tanning Units Market, by Indication
- For Vitamin D Production
- Skin Rejuvenate
Global Tanning Units Market, by End-user
- Saloon & Spa
- Skin Clinics
- Home Settings
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.