Tanning Units Market: Overview
- A tanning unit is a machine used to produce an artificial tan by imitating the sun’s UV radiation. A tanning machine generally emits around 95% UVA rays and 5% UVB rays. However, nowadays, many companies are trying to develop a new model that produces only UVA, because UVB rays are considered carcinogenic. The UV radiations are produced by the machine with the help of bulbs or UV lamps. A normal tanning face chair contains 5 to 8 lamps whereas, tanning bed contains 10 to 15 lamps fixed beneath the bed. An inductor, known as choke ballast, is fixed inside the bulbs to regulate the rate of current flowing through the bulbs. After switching on the current, the bulb starts producing high amount of UV radiations containing both UVA and UVB.
- The global tanning units market is projected to grow at a significant pace during the forecast period, owing to increased risk of various diseases associated with the vitamin D deficiency and insufficiency. Unlike dietary or supplementary vitamin D, tanning units provide UV radiation to the body depending on its needs, and de-metabolize the extra.
Get a Glimpse of the In-Depth Analysis through our Comprehensive Tanning Units Market Brochure
Key Drivers of Global Tanning Units Market
- Rise in awareness to improve appearance, especially among women and high level of vitamin D deficiency among aging population are some factors that are boosting the demand for tanning units. Vitamin D deficiency is a universal health problem caused primarily by inadequate exposure to sunlight. According to the Age and Ageing Journal, 2014, nearly one billion people are suffering from vitamin D deficiency or insufficiency worldwide, and it is especially high among the elderly population. This is expected to drive the global tanning units market during the forecast period.
- One of the U.S. based research institutes, Sunlight Institutes, published a study in 2017, revealing that, one of the positive benefits of the tanning bed light is that it produces nitric oxide in the body when exposed to radiation, which improves blood flow and reduces blood pressure. This is another medical factor which is likely to gain popularity among the aging patients who suffer from hypertension and this is expected to propel the global market.
Risk Associated with Tanning Therapy to Restrain Market
- Factors such as too much UVB can cause burns and skin inflammations, premature skin ageing, and chances of eye damage are some disadvantages associated with the tanning units which can hamper the growth of the market
North America to Capture Major Share of Global Tanning Units Market
- The tanning units market in North America is anticipated to grow at a rapid pace during the forecast period. This can be attributed to increase in geriatric population, wide awareness about tanning therapy, and its advantages in the region. Moreover, high percentage of vitamin D deficiency among population in the U.S. drives the tanning units market in North America. According to the StatPearls medical article 2019, in the U.S., about 50% to 60% of nursing home residents and hospitalized patients had vitamin D deficiency.
- The market in Europe is likely to grow at a significant pace in the next few years due to rise in adoption of modern therapies such as tanning units among geriatric population for vitamin D production and rise in awareness about the therapy, specially, in the Northern Europe where exposure to natural sunlight is limited
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Tanning Units Market Report
Key Players Operating in Global Tanning Units Market:
Major players operating in the global tanning units market are:
- Le Treviso
- JK-International GmbH
- ISO Italia Group S.r.l.
- KBL GmbH
- Ultrasun International B.V.
- VDL Hapro
Global Tanning Units Market: Research Scope
Global Tanning Units Market, by Product Type
- Bed Tanning Unit
- Facial Chair Tanning Unit
Global Tanning Units Market, by Indication
- For Vitamin D Production
- Skin Rejuvenate
Global Tanning Units Market, by End-user
- Saloon & Spa
- Skin Clinics
- Home Settings
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.