Tail Lift Market - Introduction
- Tail lift is a device used for loading and unloading heavy material or goods. Rapid urbanization, growth of the retail industry, and increasing demand for fast moving consumer goods are considered to be the key drivers for the global tail lift market. The growth of the retail industry is anticipated to increase logistics activities which is further expected to drive the growth of the tail lift market in the coming years.
Tail Lift Market - Dynamics
- During logistics operations, heavy materials loading and unloading are often handled manually by workers. This leads to health issues and injuries due to manual handling of heavy loads for a prolonged time period. Thus, tail lift manufacturers have started working on technical innovations to reduce the efforts of workers. Vendors are focusing on introducing exoskeleton systems to enhance material and goods handling capacity and operability. Thus, increasing use of such technology in warehouse operations is expected to drive the demand for tail lifts and thereby the growth of the market in the upcoming years.
- The operating cost of tail lifts is rather high. The cost of tail lifts varies depending on the load carrying capacity, application, and its size.
- The increasing number of partnerships between vendors and other companies in emerging regions including Asia Pacific is projected to increase the availability of tail lifts in the market and thereby drive market growth.
- For instance, in April 2018, Tommy Gate and Anteo, manufacturers of tail lifts entered into a partnership agreement to strengthen their business operations
- Additionally, cost of maintenance associated with tail lifts is quite high because these are used for heavy material lifting, and loading and unloading of heavy goods.
- Furthermore, operating cost of tail lifts also increases for logistics companies as they have to follow government guidelines related to workers safety. Thus, high operating cost associated with tail lifts is expected to hamper the growth of the market in the near future.
Planning to lay down future strategy? Perfect your plan with our Report Brochure here
Tail Lift Market: Segmentation Analysis
- Based on type, the global tail lift market can be divided into column lift, tuck away lifts, slider tail lifts, and cantilever lifts.
- The cantilever lifts segment accounted for largest share in 2018. This segment is expected to dominate the global market throughout the forecast period.
- Based on application, the global tail lift market can be divided into food and transport logistics, local authorities, waste management, leasing and rental business, and emergency services.
Europe to Lead the Global Market for Tail Lift
- In terms of region, the global tail lift market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Europe is likely to witness the maximum demand for tail lifts from 2019 to 2027, followed by the Americas and APAC. Europe is expected to maintain its leading position in the market throughout the period 2019-2027.
Key Manufacturers Operating in the Market
The global tail lift market was highly fragmented in 2018. Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- Cargotec Corporation
- Dhollandia N.V.
- Palfinger Tail Lifts GmbH
- Dautel GmbH
- Penny Hydraulics Ltd.
- Maxon lift Corp.
- Palfinger AG
- SörensenHydraulik GmbH.
Looking for Exclusive Market Insights from Business Experts? Request a Custom Report here
Global Tail Lift Market: Research Scope
Tail Lift Market, by type
- Column Lifts
- Tuck Away Lifts
- Cantilever Lifts
- Slider Tail-Lift
Tail Lift Market, by Application
- Food and Transport Logistics
- Local Authorities
- Waste Management
- Leasing and Rental Business
- Emergency Services
Global Tail Lift Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.