Tactile Imaging: Medical Imaging Modality
- Tactile imaging can be defined as medical imaging modality in which sense of touch is translated into a medical image. This image is a pressure map generated after the directions of the tissue deformity are specified.
- Tactile imaging finds application in analyzing tissue deformities, organ disorders, and disease conditions wherein mechanical properties are altered, such as muscle mobility, tissue elasticity, support structure, and contractile strength. Tactile imaging system includes a probe associated with pressure sensor array, an electronic unit, and a computer or a laptop.
- Biomechanical mapping is a combination of tactile imaging and functional tactile imaging, which provides immense opportunities in the field of medical imaging, targeted treatment, diagnosis, and monitoring
To Know More about TMRs Unique Offerings for Tactile Imaging Market, Request a Brochure here
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Tactile Imaging Market
- Tactile imaging is primarily employed in imaging of prostate, vagina, breast, pelvic, and myofascial trigger points in muscles. Rise in the prevalence of chronic diseases associated with breast, prostate, vagina, and others, including cancers, contribute to the growth of the tactile imaging market. Prostate cancer is considered to be one of the most common cancers affecting men. Its prevalence was reported in over 600,000 men in the U.S. and Europe in 2017.
- Demand for tactile imaging is expected to increase, owing to its ability to diagnose, evaluate, and provide a key surgical response to every individual patient basis. This patient-to-patient basis analysis, which is becoming a vital part of the health care, contributes significantly to the growth of the tactile imaging market.
- Additionally, due to rise in the baby boomer population and increase in focus on proactive and effective preventative care, the use of tactile imaging to provide a new dimension in managing patient outcomes has increased, thus driving the tactile imaging market
- Increase in investments and adoption of advanced devices provide significant growth opportunities to market players. Furthermore, multiple ongoing studies are expected to help in the development of new products. This will augment the growth of the global tactile imaging market.
- Shortage of radiologists to meet the increasing demand for imaging and diagnostic services is likely to affect the tactile imaging market. According to the data released by the Royal College of Radiologists (RCR) in 2017, the U.K. does not have sufficient radiologists to meet the imaging and diagnostic demand in the NHS. The U.K. has the least number of radiologists per person in any country of Europe, with a shortage of 1,000 radiologists.
Asia Pacific Tactile Imaging Market to Grow at Significant Rate
- In terms of region, the global tactile imaging market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. In terms of revenue, North America is projected to dominate the global tactile imaging market during the forecast period. This can be attributed to the rise in the prevalence of prostate and breast cancer, among others, which is contributing to the increase in patient population. Moreover, significant technological advancements, adoption of advanced modalities for imaging, and high disposable income are contributing to the growth of the tactile imaging market in the region.
- The tactile imaging market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to grow at a high CAGR during the forecast period. This can be ascribed to the booming health care industry and increase in acceptance and adoption of new diagnostic imaging modalities, such as tactile imaging. Additionally, rise in prevalence of medical tourism is likely to propel the market in the region. Furthermore, increase in the number of diagnostic imaging centers in Asia Pacific countries, such as India and Singapore, among others, is aiding in the growth of the tactile imaging market in the region. According to the Globocan data, 162,468 new cases of breast cancer were registered in 2018 and 87,090 patients succumbed to the condition in India. Breast cancer diagnosis using tactile imaging is expected to propel the growth of the tactile imaging market.
Looking for Customized Insights to build your Business for Future, Ask for a Custom Report here
Key Players Operating in Global Market
The global tactile imaging market is highly concentrated with top manufacturers dominating the market. High cost of devices and stringent regulations are restricting new entrants from entering into the market. Key players operating in the global market include:
- Shimadzu Corporation
- Artann Laboratories
- FUJIFILM VisualSonics Inc.
- Seno Medical Instruments, Inc.
- General Electric Company
- Siemens Healthineers AG
- Canon Inc.
- Hologic, Inc.
- Koninklijke Philips N.V.
- TomoWave Laboratories, Inc.
Global Tactile Imaging Market: Research Scope
Global Tactile Imaging Market, by Product Type
- Vaginal Tactile Imager
- Breast Tactile Imager
- Prostate Mechanical Imager
Global Tactile Imaging Market, by End-user
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- Diagnostic Centers
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.