Tactile Imaging: Medical Imaging Modality
- Tactile imaging can be defined as medical imaging modality in which sense of touch is translated into a medical image. This image is a pressure map generated after the directions of the tissue deformity are specified.
- Tactile imaging finds application in analyzing tissue deformities, organ disorders, and disease conditions wherein mechanical properties are altered, such as muscle mobility, tissue elasticity, support structure, and contractile strength. Tactile imaging system includes a probe associated with pressure sensor array, an electronic unit, and a computer or a laptop.
- Biomechanical mapping is a combination of tactile imaging and functional tactile imaging, which provides immense opportunities in the field of medical imaging, targeted treatment, diagnosis, and monitoring
To Know More about TMRs Unique Offerings for Tactile Imaging Market, Request a Brochure here
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Tactile Imaging Market
- Tactile imaging is primarily employed in imaging of prostate, vagina, breast, pelvic, and myofascial trigger points in muscles. Rise in the prevalence of chronic diseases associated with breast, prostate, vagina, and others, including cancers, contribute to the growth of the tactile imaging market. Prostate cancer is considered to be one of the most common cancers affecting men. Its prevalence was reported in over 600,000 men in the U.S. and Europe in 2017.
- Demand for tactile imaging is expected to increase, owing to its ability to diagnose, evaluate, and provide a key surgical response to every individual patient basis. This patient-to-patient basis analysis, which is becoming a vital part of the health care, contributes significantly to the growth of the tactile imaging market.
- Additionally, due to rise in the baby boomer population and increase in focus on proactive and effective preventative care, the use of tactile imaging to provide a new dimension in managing patient outcomes has increased, thus driving the tactile imaging market
- Increase in investments and adoption of advanced devices provide significant growth opportunities to market players. Furthermore, multiple ongoing studies are expected to help in the development of new products. This will augment the growth of the global tactile imaging market.
- Shortage of radiologists to meet the increasing demand for imaging and diagnostic services is likely to affect the tactile imaging market. According to the data released by the Royal College of Radiologists (RCR) in 2017, the U.K. does not have sufficient radiologists to meet the imaging and diagnostic demand in the NHS. The U.K. has the least number of radiologists per person in any country of Europe, with a shortage of 1,000 radiologists.
Asia Pacific Tactile Imaging Market to Grow at Significant Rate
- In terms of region, the global tactile imaging market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. In terms of revenue, North America is projected to dominate the global tactile imaging market during the forecast period. This can be attributed to the rise in the prevalence of prostate and breast cancer, among others, which is contributing to the increase in patient population. Moreover, significant technological advancements, adoption of advanced modalities for imaging, and high disposable income are contributing to the growth of the tactile imaging market in the region.
- The tactile imaging market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to grow at a high CAGR during the forecast period. This can be ascribed to the booming health care industry and increase in acceptance and adoption of new diagnostic imaging modalities, such as tactile imaging. Additionally, rise in prevalence of medical tourism is likely to propel the market in the region. Furthermore, increase in the number of diagnostic imaging centers in Asia Pacific countries, such as India and Singapore, among others, is aiding in the growth of the tactile imaging market in the region. According to the Globocan data, 162,468 new cases of breast cancer were registered in 2018 and 87,090 patients succumbed to the condition in India. Breast cancer diagnosis using tactile imaging is expected to propel the growth of the tactile imaging market.
Looking for Customized Insights to build your Business for Future, Ask for a Custom Report here
Key Players Operating in Global Market
The global tactile imaging market is highly concentrated with top manufacturers dominating the market. High cost of devices and stringent regulations are restricting new entrants from entering into the market. Key players operating in the global market include:
- Shimadzu Corporation
- Artann Laboratories
- FUJIFILM VisualSonics Inc.
- Seno Medical Instruments, Inc.
- General Electric Company
- Siemens Healthineers AG
- Canon Inc.
- Hologic, Inc.
- Koninklijke Philips N.V.
- TomoWave Laboratories, Inc.
Global Tactile Imaging Market: Research Scope
Global Tactile Imaging Market, by Product Type
- Vaginal Tactile Imager
- Breast Tactile Imager
- Prostate Mechanical Imager
Global Tactile Imaging Market, by End-user
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- Diagnostic Centers
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.