Tablet Crushers Market: Introduction
- Tablet crusher is used to crush or reduce tablets into fine powder. This helps in easy administration of medicine to patients who are unable to swallow a tablet or capsule.
- It comprises a small tabletop device that can be operated easily by simply applying pressure after inserting the tablet. Pressure can be applied by pressing the handle of the device. The powder obtained is collected into a clean container i.e., either a pouch or a cup. These devices can be used at health care centers and at home for the patients who are critically ill or have problem with swallowing tablets.
- Care is taken that the powder is handled with care to avoid any cross contamination. The tablet crusher is a portable device, which can be carried anywhere to help people crush tablets easily and provide necessary medications to be administered.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Tablet Crushers Market
- The global tablet crushers market is driven by increase in the geriatric population, rise in prevalence of communicable and non-communicable diseases, surge in number of patients having difficulty in swallowing tablets & capsules
- According to United Nations Report 2017, the geriatric population aged 60 years and above is expected to double by 2050. The number is projected to increase from 962 million in 2017 to 2.1 billion by 2050.
- Similarly, the number of elderly people in the U.S. is anticipated to increase by 6.3% between 2017 and 2050 to reach 108.4 million by 2050
Electric Tablet Crushers Segment to Account for Major Share of Global Market
- In terms of type, the global tablet crushers market can be classified into handheld tablet crushers, electric tablet crushers, and silent tablet crushers
- The electric tablet crushers segment is anticipated to dominate the global tablet crushers market during the forecast period, due to increase in use of electric tablet crushers in various health care settings, ease & convenience of using electric tablet crushers, and rise in focus on medication management, especially for the elderly population
Hospitals to be Highly Lucrative Segment
- Based on end-user, the global tablet crushers market can be categorized into hospitals, nursing homes, and home care
- The hospitals segment is likely to account for major share of the global tablet crushers market by 2030, owing to higher adoption of electric & silent pill crushers in hospitals and improving quality of health care services for critically ill and elderly population
North America to Dominate Global Tablet Crushers Market
- In terms of region, the global tablet crushers market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is projected to dominate the global tablet crushers market during the forecast period. The market in Asia Pacific is anticipated grow at a rapid pace during the forecast period, driven by increase in availability of electric, handheld, and silent tablet crushers for respiratory care, rise in awareness about home medications among patients & care takers, and surge in number of patients admitted to hospitals, nursing homes, and other health care centers.
Key Players Operating in Global Tablet Crushers Market
The global tablet crushers market is highly fragmented, with a large number of domestic players accounting for major market share. Key players operating in the global Tablet Crushers market are:
- Cardinal Health
- Briggs Healthcare
- Medline Industries, Inc.
- Graham Field Health Products, Inc.
- CareLine Medical
- Avacare Medical
- RD Plastics
- Tiger Medical Group
- DUKAL Corporation
- Scientific Industries, Inc.
- Dynarex Corporation
- Creative Living Medical
Global Tablet Crushers Market: Research Scope
Global Tablet Crushers Market, by Type
- Handheld Tablet Crushers
- Electric Tablet Crushers
- Silent Tablet Crushers
Global Tablet Crushers Market, by Material
Global Tablet Crushers Market, by End-user
- Nursing Homes
- Home Care
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!