Systemic Scleroderma Treatment Market: Introduction
- An autoimmune disorder that affects the skin and internal organs is called systemic scleroderma. Autoimmune diseases occur when the immune system malfunctions and destroys the body's own tissues and organs.
- In Greek, the term 'scleroderma' means rough skin, and the disorder is distinguished by the deposition of scar tissue (fibrosis) on the skin and other organs. The disorder is sometimes called systemic sclerosis, as fibrosis may affect organs other than the skin. Excess development of a strong protein called collagen, which typically protects and maintains connective tissues in the body, is due to fibrosis. Systemic scleroderma can also affect the internal organs and can damage or cause the organs to malfunction. The esophagus, heart, lungs, and kidneys are the most frequently affected organs.
Key Drivers, Restrains, and Opportunities of Global Systemic Scleroderma Treatment Market
- Increase in prevalence of systemic scleroderma is boosting the demand for therapies used to treat the symptoms related to systemic scleroderma, thereby driving the treatment market. For instance, the documented prevalence of systemic scleroderma in Europe and North America was 7.2–33.9 and 13.5–44.3 per 100,000 people, respectively, while the annual occurrence figures was 0.6–2.3 and 1.4–5.6 per 100,000 people.
- Pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries are focused on the development of new potential therapy for the treatment of systemic scleroderma, which is further driving the systemic scleroderma treatment market. For instance, in November 2020, Boehringer Ingelheim received approval for nintedanib from the European Commission, which is used in systemic sclerosis-associated interstitial lung disease in adults. Abbvie’s pipeline therapy ALPN-101 is used in systemic lupus erythematosus and has successfully completed Phase- 3 trial. Novartis has also successfully completed Phase 2 trial of Niliotinib for the treatment of systemic sclerosis, which in turn is estimated to boost the systemic scleroderma treatment market in the near future.
- Exponential increase in the number of government interventions and services available to raise awareness about the condition and therapeutic alternatives is a major factor driving the development and demand for treatment of systemic scleroderma
- Likewise, strong rise in understanding among the population regarding preventive healthcare is also estimated to fuel the demand during the forecast period. Increasing investment in R&D to improve care for systemic sclerosis is projected to further propel the market during the forecast period. The diagnosis and origin of the systemic sclerosis is still unclear, which makes it all the more difficult for doctors to choose medications for symptom relief, as each case of scleroderma is distinctive, which in turn is anticipated to hamper the market for treatment of systemic scleroderma.
North America to Capture Major Share of Global Systemic Scleroderma Treatment Market
- North America is expected to account for a major share of the global systemic scleroderma treatment market due to the high prevalence of systemic scleroderma in the region
- As compared to the U.S., Europe holds a relatively minro share, primarily due to higher usage of generics and biosimilars for off-label systemic scleroderma therapy. In the U.K., demand for systemic scleroderma treatment is estimated to increase substantially during the forecast period owing to the introduction of biologics and small molecules for the treatment of systemic sclerosis and the indications for systemic sclerosis. In May 2016, the EMA approval of Uptravi for the treatment of Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension was announced by Actelion Pharmaceuticals Ltd., a subsidiary of Johnson and Johnson Services, Inc.
- Generics and OTC medications are the basic treatment for scleroderma and its effects in developing areas. The chronic scleroderma care industry in Japan is witnessing price cuts and has easier access to new orphan therapies. Development in Latin America and MEA is anticipated to fuel access to bio similar and generic immunosuppressants.
Key Players Operating in Global Systemic Scleroderma Treatment Market
The global systemic scleroderma treatment market is highly consolidated due to the presence of key players. A large number of players hold a major share in their respective regions. Demand for products to treat diseases is increasing in emerging as well as developed markets. Several players in the market have high number of pipeline of therapy drugs for the treatment of systemic scleroderma, which is likely to drive the global systemic scleroderma treatment market in the near future.
Major players operating in the global systemic scleroderma treatment market are listed below:
- Bristol-Myers Squibb Company
- Boehringer Ingelheim International GmbH
- Actelion Pharmaceuticals Ltd
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd
- GlaxoSmithKline plc.
- Novartis AG
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
- Celgene corporation
- Ono pharmaceutical co. Ltd
- Aspen Holdings
- Corbus Pharmaceuticals
- Pfizer Inc.
- Eli Lilly and Company
- Bayer AG
- Argentis Pharmaceuticals, LLC.
- Amgen Inc.
Global Systemic Scleroderma Treatment Market: Research Scope
Global Systemic Scleroderma Treatment Market, by Type
- Limited systemic sclerosis
- Generalized systemic sclerosis
- Systemic sclerosis sine scleroderma
Global Systemic Scleroderma Treatment Market, by Indication
Global Systemic Scleroderma Treatment Market, by Treatment type
- Calcium channel blockers
- Proton pump inhibitors
- Alkylating agents
- Interleukin inhibitors
Global Systemic Scleroderma Treatment Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.