Systemic Mastocytosis Treatment: Introduction
- Systemic mastocytosis is a rare disease in which mast cells accumulate in internal tissues and organs such as the liver, spleen, bone marrow, and small intestines. Systemic mastocytosis is majorly found in adult patients. Signs and symptoms vary according to the body parts that get affected. Generally, this disorder is caused due to somatic changes in KIT gene.
- There are four types of systemic mastocytosis: indolent systemic mastocytosis (ISM), systemic mastocytosis with an associated hematologic nonmast cell lineage disorder (SM-AHNMD), aggressive systemic mastocytosis (ASM), and mast cell leukemia (MCL)
Key Drivers of Global Systemic Mastocytosis Treatment Market
- Non-profit organizations and government associations are majorly focusing on increasing awareness about systemic mastocytosis disorders, which is likely to drive the market during the forecast period. Furthermore, increase in research & development expenses from major pharmaceutical companies to develop new treatment options for systemic mastocytosis disorders further boosts the market.
- Major market players are focusing on the launch of new products in untapped regions, partnerships, collaborations, and acquisitions, which are projected to propel the systemic mastocytosis treatment market during the forecast period. In April 2017, Novartis received U.S. FDA Approval for Rydapt in the treatment of aggressive systemic mastocytosis (ASM), systemic mastocytosis with associated hematological neoplasm (SM-AHN) and mast cell leukemia.
Mast Cell Stabilizers Segment to be Highly Promising
- Based on drug type, the global systemic mastocytosis treatment market can be segmented into antihistamines, tyrosine kinase inhibitors, proton pump inhibitors, epinephrine, steroids, and mast cell stabilizers
- The mast cell stabilizers segment accounted for a prominent share of the global systemic mastocytosis treatment market in 2019. This segment is expected to dominate the systemic mastocytosis treatment market, as it exhibits high efficiency in the treatment of systemic mastocytosis.
Indolent Systemic Mastocytosis (ISM) Segment to be Highly Promising
- Based on indication, the global systemic mastocytosis market can be classified into indolent systemic mastocytosis (ISM), systemic mastocytosis with an associated hematologic nonmast cell lineage disorder (SM-AHNMD), aggressive systemic mastocytosis (ASM), and mast cell leukemia (MCL)
- The indolent systemic mastocytosis (ISM) segment accounted for a prominent share of the global systemic mastocytosis market in 2019. The segment is expected to dominate the systemic mastocytosis market due to an increase in number of patients suffering from indolent systemic mastocytosis (ISM).
Injectable Segment to Expand Significantly
- In terms of route of administration, the global systemic mastocytosis market can be divided into oral, injectable, and topical. Injectable was a prominent segment, in terms of revenue, in 2019. It is anticipated to expand significantly during the forecast period.
- Most of products are available in the injectable form and rapid onset of action are likely to drive the segment
Retail Pharmacies to be Most Promising Segment
- In terms of distribution channel, the global systemic mastocytosis treatment market can be divided into hospital pharmacies, retail pharmacies, and online pharmacies. Retail pharmacies was a prominent segment of the market, in terms of revenue, in 2019. It is anticipated to expand significantly during the forecast period.
- Most systemic mastocytosis treatment is easily available in retail pharmacy stores and high footfall of patients are estimated to fuel the retail pharmacy segment during the forecast period
North America to Dominate Global Systemic Mastocytosis Treatment Market
- In terms of region, the global systemic mastocytosis treatment market can be categorized into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America dominated the global systemic mastocytosis treatment market in 2019. It is expected to maintain its leading position during the forecast period. Dominance of the region can be attributed to an increase in number of patients with systemic mastocytosis and increasing awareness about diseases and new product launches.
- The market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand at a significantly high growth rate during the forecast period, owing to an increase in prevalence of systemic mastocytosis in emerging countries such as India and China
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Market
The global systemic mastocytosis treatment market was highly fragmented in 2019. Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- Bausch Health Companies Inc.
- Pfizer Inc.
- Merck & Co. Inc.
- Mylan NV
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
- Sanofi S.A.
- Johnson & Johnson
- Novartis AG
- Bayer AG
- Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals
- EPI Health, LLC
- Kaleo Inc
Systemic Mastocytosis Treatment Market: Research Scope
Systemic Mastocytosis Treatment Market, by Drug Type
- Tyrosine Kinase Inhibitors
- Proton Pump Inhibitors
- Epinephrine, Steroids
- Mast Cell Stabilizers
Systemic Mastocytosis Treatment Market, by Indication
- Indolent Systemic Mastocytosis (ISM),
- Systemic Mastocytosis with an Associated Hematologic Nonmast Cell Lineage Disorder (SM-AHNMD)
- Aggressive Systemic Mastocytosis (ASM)
- Mast Cell Leukemia (MCL)
Systemic Mastocytosis Treatment Market, by Route of Administration
Systemic Mastocytosis Treatment Market, by Distribution Channel
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
- Online Pharmacies
Systemic Mastocytosis Treatment Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.