Synthetic Lethality-based Drugs and Targets Market: Introduction
- Synthetic lethality occurs when a combination of two deficiencies arises and results into organismal or cellular death. It was first described by American geneticist Calvin Bridges in the 20th century.
- Efficacy in tumor therapy increases by targeting synthetic lethal interaction with drug combination. Synthetic lethality is an important therapeutic option for the treatment of cancer.
Key Drivers and Opportunities for Global Synthetic Lethality-based Drugs and Targets Market
- Companies operating in the global synthetic lethality-based drugs and targets market are engaged in development of new products. These players constantly focus on research and development activities. This is driving the global synthetic lethality-based drugs and targets market.
- GlaxoSmithKline plc. registered a new drug GSK3985771 † niraparib Zejula for ovarian cancer monotherapy. The mode of action includes poly (ADP-ribose) polymerase (PARP) 1/2 inhibitor.
- In March 2018, IDEAYA Biosciences entered into a partnership agreement with Cancer Research UK's Commercial Partnerships Team and the Drug Discovery Unit to develop small molecule inhibitor of PARG (Poly(ADP-ribose) glycohydrolase). The company aims to develop the PARG inhibitor program through the partnership.
Are you a Start-up willing to make it big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Synthetic Lethality-based Drugs and Targets Market Report
- Cancer is one of the leading causes of death across the globe. Rise in prevalence of cancer is anticipated to drive the market. According to CANCER RESEARCH UK, around 17 million new cases of cancer were recorded in in 2018. Around 9.6 million deaths occurred due to cancer across the globe in the same year.
- In 2018, female breast and lung cancers were the leading types of cancers in the world. Approximately 2.1 million cases of cancer were diagnosed across the globe in 2018. This was followed by 1.8 million cases of colorectal cancer, 1.3 million cases of prostate cancer, and 1.0 million cases of stomach cancer.
- Strategic development by key players is likely to fuel the synthetic lethality-based drugs and targets market. In October 2018, Gilead Sciences, Inc. announced plans to collaborate with Tango Therapeutics, Inc. to develop next generation targeted immune oncology therapies.
- In 2017, Third Rock Ventures, LLC. announced the launch of Tango Therapeutics, which focuses on three areas of drug development: multiple oncogenic drivers, loss of tumor suppressor gene function, and immune evasion
- According to the World Health Organization, approximately 70% cases of cancer occur due to consumption of tobacco in middle and low income countries. Consumption of tobacco is a major risk factor associated with cancer; it is responsible for 22% of cancer deaths. Thus, rise in number of cancer cases in emerging countries is creating opportunities for the synthetic lethality-based drugs and targets market.
- According to the American Cancer Society, Inc., around 1.3 million new cases and 666,000 cancer deaths occurred in the Caribbean and Latin America in 2018
- As per the article published in Cancer Biology & Medicine, the incidence rate of breast cancer has been increasing steadily in developing countries of Asia Pacific
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Synthetic Lethality-based Drugs and Targets Market, Request for a Sample
North America to Hold Major Share of Global Synthetic Lethality-based Drugs and Targets Market
- North America is expected to account for prominent share of the global synthetic lethality-based drugs and targets market during the forecast period due to the high prevalence of cancer in the region. Presence of key market players is also likely to propel the market in the region.
- Europe is also anticipated to constitute considerable share of the market during the forecast period. The market in the region is estimated to expand at a moderate pace in the near future.
- The synthetic lethality-based drugs and targets market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period. Unhealthy lifestyle and dietary habits have led to a rise in prevalence of cancer in the region. According to the World Health Organization, around 2,865,174 number of deaths occurred due to cancer in China in Asia Pacific in 2018.
Key Players Operating in Global Synthetic Lethality-based Drugs and Targets Market
The global synthetic lethality-based drugs and targets market is highly concentrated due to the presence of key players. Large numbers of manufacturers hold major share in their respective regions. Leading players operating in the global synthetic lethality-based drugs and targets market are:
- IDEAYA Bioscience
- CLOVIS ONCOLOGY
- GlaxoSmithKline plc
- Millennium Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Global Synthetic Lethality-based Drugs and Targets Market: Research Scope
Global Synthetic Lethality-based Drugs and Targets Market, by Drugs
Global Synthetic Lethality-based Drugs and Targets Market, by Type of Molecule
- Small Molecule
Global Synthetic Lethality-based Drugs and Targets Market, by Type of Synlet Target
- Pol θ
Global Synthetic Lethality-based Drugs and Targets Market, by Application
- Ovarian Cancer
- Breast Cancer
- Colorectal Cancer
- Lung Cancer
- Fallopian Tube Cancer
Global Synthetic Lethality-based Drugs and Targets Market, by Region
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.