Synthetic Lethality-based Drugs and Targets Market: Introduction
- Synthetic lethality occurs when a combination of two deficiencies arises and results into organismal or cellular death. It was first described by American geneticist Calvin Bridges in the 20th century.
- Efficacy in tumor therapy increases by targeting synthetic lethal interaction with drug combination. Synthetic lethality is an important therapeutic option for the treatment of cancer.
Key Drivers and Opportunities for Global Synthetic Lethality-based Drugs and Targets Market
- Companies operating in the global synthetic lethality-based drugs and targets market are engaged in development of new products. These players constantly focus on research and development activities. This is driving the global synthetic lethality-based drugs and targets market.
- GlaxoSmithKline plc. registered a new drug GSK3985771 † niraparib Zejula for ovarian cancer monotherapy. The mode of action includes poly (ADP-ribose) polymerase (PARP) 1/2 inhibitor.
- In March 2018, IDEAYA Biosciences entered into a partnership agreement with Cancer Research UK's Commercial Partnerships Team and the Drug Discovery Unit to develop small molecule inhibitor of PARG (Poly(ADP-ribose) glycohydrolase). The company aims to develop the PARG inhibitor program through the partnership.
Are you a Start-up willing to make it big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Synthetic Lethality-based Drugs and Targets Market Report
- Cancer is one of the leading causes of death across the globe. Rise in prevalence of cancer is anticipated to drive the market. According to CANCER RESEARCH UK, around 17 million new cases of cancer were recorded in in 2018. Around 9.6 million deaths occurred due to cancer across the globe in the same year.
- In 2018, female breast and lung cancers were the leading types of cancers in the world. Approximately 2.1 million cases of cancer were diagnosed across the globe in 2018. This was followed by 1.8 million cases of colorectal cancer, 1.3 million cases of prostate cancer, and 1.0 million cases of stomach cancer.
- Strategic development by key players is likely to fuel the synthetic lethality-based drugs and targets market. In October 2018, Gilead Sciences, Inc. announced plans to collaborate with Tango Therapeutics, Inc. to develop next generation targeted immune oncology therapies.
- In 2017, Third Rock Ventures, LLC. announced the launch of Tango Therapeutics, which focuses on three areas of drug development: multiple oncogenic drivers, loss of tumor suppressor gene function, and immune evasion
- According to the World Health Organization, approximately 70% cases of cancer occur due to consumption of tobacco in middle and low income countries. Consumption of tobacco is a major risk factor associated with cancer; it is responsible for 22% of cancer deaths. Thus, rise in number of cancer cases in emerging countries is creating opportunities for the synthetic lethality-based drugs and targets market.
- According to the American Cancer Society, Inc., around 1.3 million new cases and 666,000 cancer deaths occurred in the Caribbean and Latin America in 2018
- As per the article published in Cancer Biology & Medicine, the incidence rate of breast cancer has been increasing steadily in developing countries of Asia Pacific
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Synthetic Lethality-based Drugs and Targets Market, Request for a Sample
North America to Hold Major Share of Global Synthetic Lethality-based Drugs and Targets Market
- North America is expected to account for prominent share of the global synthetic lethality-based drugs and targets market during the forecast period due to the high prevalence of cancer in the region. Presence of key market players is also likely to propel the market in the region.
- Europe is also anticipated to constitute considerable share of the market during the forecast period. The market in the region is estimated to expand at a moderate pace in the near future.
- The synthetic lethality-based drugs and targets market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period. Unhealthy lifestyle and dietary habits have led to a rise in prevalence of cancer in the region. According to the World Health Organization, around 2,865,174 number of deaths occurred due to cancer in China in Asia Pacific in 2018.
Key Players Operating in Global Synthetic Lethality-based Drugs and Targets Market
The global synthetic lethality-based drugs and targets market is highly concentrated due to the presence of key players. Large numbers of manufacturers hold major share in their respective regions. Leading players operating in the global synthetic lethality-based drugs and targets market are:
- IDEAYA Bioscience
- CLOVIS ONCOLOGY
- GlaxoSmithKline plc
- Millennium Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Global Synthetic Lethality-based Drugs and Targets Market: Research Scope
Global Synthetic Lethality-based Drugs and Targets Market, by Drugs
Global Synthetic Lethality-based Drugs and Targets Market, by Type of Molecule
- Small Molecule
Global Synthetic Lethality-based Drugs and Targets Market, by Type of Synlet Target
- Pol θ
Global Synthetic Lethality-based Drugs and Targets Market, by Application
- Ovarian Cancer
- Breast Cancer
- Colorectal Cancer
- Lung Cancer
- Fallopian Tube Cancer
Global Synthetic Lethality-based Drugs and Targets Market, by Region
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.