Synchronized Cardioversion Market: Introduction
- Synchronized cardioversion is a low energy shock that uses a sensor to provide electricity that is synchronized with the highest point of the QRS complex. The shock dose used for a synchronized shock is lower than that used for defibrillation.
- During the delay, when the sync option is engaged on a defibrillator and the shock button pushed, the machine reads and synchronizes with the patient’s ECG rhythm. Synchronized cardioversion evades shock delivery during the relative refractory portion of the cardiac cycle, when a shock could produce ventricular fibrillation.
- Synchronized cardioversion is primarily used to treat atrial fibrillation when anti-arrhythmic drugs have failed to do so and to treat atrial fibrillation in emergency conditions where this condition is causing heart failure, chest pain, or low blood pressure
Key Drivers, Restrains, and Opportunities of Global Synchronized Cardioversion Market
- Rise in number of people with chronic diseases such as cardiovascular diseases, diabetes and obesity, technologically advanced procedures adopted by hospitals and clinics, and increase in global geriatric population leading to a surge in incidence rate of atrial fibrillation are likely to drive the global synchronized cardioversion market during the forecast period
- According to the World Health Organization (WHO), cardiovascular disease accounts for nearly 17.9 million deaths every year, which is estimated to account for 31% of all global deaths
- According to the International Diabetes Federation (IDF), nearly 463 million adults (20 to 79 years) were living with diabetes in 2019, and the number is projected to reach 700 million by 2045
- According to the World Health Organization (WHO), the population of people aged 60 years and above is projected to rise from 900 million in 2015 to 2 billion in 2050. Increase in geriatric population leads to a surge in incidence of age-related problems such as cardiovascular diseases and respiratory diseases. This is anticipated to boost the global resuscitation device market.
- However, skilled and trained personnel is required for the clinical application of synchronized cardioversion, which is a major restraint of the global market
- The world is currently experiencing the pandemic of an infectious disease called COVID-19. This infection leads to multiple organ failure, acute & severe respiratory disorders, pneumonia, and even death in severe cases. Thus, a surge in number of patients with severe COVID-19 infection has fueled the demand for synchronized cardioversion. The geriatric population is more prone to COVID-19, which is likely to drive the market.
North America to Capture Major Share of Global Synchronized Cardioversion Market
- In terms of region, the global synchronized cardioversion market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is a significant market for synchronized cardioversion in 2020, and the trend is expected to continue during the forecast period. North America’s dominance of the global market is attributed to an increase in adoption of technologically advanced products and rise in incidence of heart diseases. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, heart diseases account for about 647,000 deaths in the U.S. each year, i.e., 1 in every 4 deaths. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), approximately every 40 seconds an American is likely to experience a heart attack. Every year, 805,000 people in the U.S. have a heart attack; 605,000 of them for the first time.
- Europe was also a significant market for synchronized cardioversion in 2020, due to an increase in government initiatives and a rise in prevalence of cardiovascular diseases. According to the European Heart Network, each year, cardiovascular diseases causes 3.9 million deaths in Europe and over 1.8 million deaths in the European Union.
- Increase in number of people with common diseases such as diabetes and obesity, aging population, rise in awareness about overall health, and surge in healthcare expenditure are projected to boost the synchronized cardioversion market in Asia Pacific during the forecast period
- Regions such as Latin America and Middle East & Africa are likely to be lucrative markets for synchronized cardioversion during the forecast period because of the initiatives taken by government and non-government organizations in these regions
Key Players Operating in Global Synchronized Cardioversion Market
The global synchronized cardioversion market is highly concentrated due to the presence of key players. A large number of manufacturers hold major share in their respective regions. Demand for products to treat chronic diseases has increased in emerging as well as developed markets. Growth strategies adopted by leading players are likely to drive the global synchronized cardioversion market.
Major players operating in the global synchronized cardioversion market are listed below:
- ZOLL Medical Corporation
- TZ Medical, Inc.
- Koninklijke Philips N.V.
- ConMed Corporation
Global Synchronized Cardioversion Market: Research Scope
Global Synchronized Cardioversion Market, by Indication
- Atrial Fibrillation
- Atrial Flutter
- Atrial Tachycardia
Global Synchronized Cardioversion Market, by End-user
- Ambulatory Surgical Center
- Electrophysiology Labs
Global Synchronized Cardioversion Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.