- Swab is an absorbent wipe or pad that is used to clean wounds, apply medication, or collect specimens
- Various types of swabs include cotton swabs, foam swabs, and non-woven swabs. Medical swabs are generally used to collect microbiological cultures. Swabs are rubbed onto the microbial area and subsequently, wiped across the culture plate where the bacteria on the swab may grow.
- Increase in prevalence infectious diseases, rise in geriatric population, technological advancements, and an increase in government investment for the advancement of healthcare are expected to drive the swab market during the forecast period
To gauge the scope of customization in our reports, Ask for a Sample
Key Drivers of Global Swab Market
- Increased prevalence of infectious diseases and rise in geriatric population is expected to drive the demand for swab during the forecast period. According to the Global Burden of Disease Study–2013, infectious diseases caused 9.2 million death across the globe in 2013.
- Rise in funding for research on the diagnosis of infectious diseases is projected to drive the market during the forecast period
- However, undeveloped health care infrastructure in emerging countries is likely to hamper the market in the next few years
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Alcohol Swab Segment Expected to Dominate Global Market
- Based on product, the global swab market can be divided into alcohol swab, cotton swab, dry swab, gauze swab, and others
- The alcohol swab segment is anticipated to dominate the global swab market during the forecast period owing to high medical use of alcohol swab for collection of microbial samples in hospitals, diagnostic centers, and pathology laboratories. Furthermore, alcohol swabs are used to disinfect the skin before taking a swab sample.
Aluminum Shaft Segment Expected to Dominate Global Market
- Based on shaft, the global swab market can be divided into aluminum shaft and polypropylene shaft.
- The aluminum shaft segment is anticipated to dominate the global swab market during the forecast period due to its malleability. They can be easily used to collect the samples from ear, throat, nose, and other sensitive areas owing to the high flexibility of aluminum.
Saliva Test Segment Expected to Dominate Global Market
- Based on test type, the global swab market can be divided into DNA test, urine test, saliva test, and others
- The saliva test segment is anticipated to dominate the global swab market during the forecast period, as it is oral and systemic test for disease detection. Moreover, it is easily collected and stored and is ideal for early detection of disease, as it contains specific soluble biological markers.
Specimen Collection Segment Expected to Dominate Global Market
- Based on application, the global swab market can be divided into specimen collection, disinfection, and others
- The specimen collection segment is anticipated to dominate the global swab market during the forecast period, as swabs are extensively utilized for specimen collection for the detection of diseases
Hospital Segment to Offer Attractive Opportunities
- In terms of end-user, the global swab market can be classified into pharmaceutical, microbiological laboratories, hospitals, clinics, and others
- The hospitals segment is expected to account for a major share of the global swab market by 2030, as most patients prefer to visit hospitals in order to obtain treatment and diagnosis at the same place. Moreover, a larger number of diagnostic tests are conducted in hospitals as compared to that in other end-users.
North America to Offer Attractive Opportunities in the Global Swab Market
- In terms of region, the global swab market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Presence of a large number of swab manufacturers, rise in infectious diseases, and technologically advanced research and treatment platforms in North America are key factors that are expected to drive the market in the region from 2020 to 2030
- Europe followed North America in terms of share of the global swab market, due to the presence of leading national clinical laboratories, such as Eurofins Scientific, and easy accessibility of advanced instruments that can be used in diagnostic procedures for infectious diseases
Key Players Operating in Global Swab Market
The global swab market is fragmented with the presence of international and local players. Key players operating in the global swab market are:
- Puritan Medical Products
- SARSTEDT AG & Co. KG
- FL MEDICAL s.r.l
- Clean Cross Co.,Ltd.
- Neogen Corporation
- Citotest Labware Manufacturing Co., Ltd.
- GPC Medical
- Elmex Controls Pvt Ltd.
- Copan Diagnostics, Inc.
- Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Merck KGaA
Global Swab Market: Research Scope
Global Swab Market, by Product
- Alcohol Swab
- Cotton Swab
- Dry Swab
- Gauze Swab
Global Swab Market, by Shaft
- Aluminum Shaft
- Polypropylene Shaft
Global Swab Market, by Test Type
- DNA Test
- Urine Test
- Saliva Test
Global Swab Market, by Application
- Specimen Collection
Global Swab Market, by End-user
- Microbiological Laboratories
Global Swab Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.