Surgical Mallet Market: Introduction
- Surgical mallets are used in several surgical procedures that involve either scraping, slicing, or cutting of the bone in orthopedic procedures. The mallet is used to give controlled tap or pressure on a chisel or osteotomy. Modern day mallets are generally made of stainless steel to provide a strong, non-corrosive surface with metal, nylon, or Teflon. Surgical mallets are used to assist in driving the nail or screw into the bone during orthopedic surgery, ENT procedures, or neurosurgery. Surgical mallets are heavy objects with flat facings.
Global Surgical Mallet Market: Key Trends
- New designs and materials used for making surgical mallets have expanded the armamentarium of surgeons seeking better tools for surgical procedures. Over the years, the surgical mallet market has gained traction due to rise in usage of these instruments in a range of surgical procedures. Developing countries have witnessed increase in number of surgical clinics and expanding technical expertise of orthopedic surgeons. Technological strides in orthopedic surgery has spurred the uptake of surgical mallets. The surgical mallet offers better permeability and control to specialists; safeguarding the bone and providing comfort to patients in all situations from straightforward extractions to complex embed medical procedures.
- Presently, the world is struggling with the COVID-19 pandemic. COVID-19 leads to pneumonia, severe & acute respiratory disorders, multiple organ failure, and, in severe cases, death. The geriatric population and children are more prone to COVID-19 in the third wave. Growth of the global surgical mallet market has been slightly hampered by the pandemic.
- Governments of developing countries are making significant investments to modernize health care infrastructure in their respective countries, which is likely to increase access to health care. This is expected to drive the demand for surgical mallets. Surge in number of orthopedic and dental surgeries in developed countries is a key factor propelling the application of surgical mallets. The global surgical mallet market is projected to be driven by increase in innovative implant placements, crown removal, sinus lift, ridge splitting, etc.
- However, low affordability of orthopedic procedures is likely to hamper the growth of the segment. This is primarily due to the lack of reimbursement framework in cost-sensitive markets. Nevertheless, rise in demand for cosmetic orthopedic surgery is projected to drive the global surgical mallet market in the next few years.
North America to Capture Major Share of Global Surgical Mallet Market
- North America is anticipated to account for large share of the global surgical mallet market during the forecast period owing to the presence of leading companies offering surgical mallets, technological advancements, and increase in number of orthopedic health care centers. Intensive workshops on orthopedic surgery are conducted in developed nations, particularly in the U.S. These also focus on expanding the expertise of orthopedic surgeons in orthopedic surgery techniques.
- The surgical mallet market in Europe is expected to grow at a rapid pace during the forecast period, led by the rise in demand for surgical mallets. The surgical mallet market in Asia Pacific is likely to expand at a high CAGR during the forecast period driven by increase in number of orthopedic procedures in countries such as China and India, rapid adoption of medical technologies, and usage of these devices for prosthetic rehabilitation in relatively less time.
Key Players Operating in Global Surgical Mallet Market
Major players operating in the global surgical mallet market are listed below:
- Surgical Instruments
- Sweden & Martina
- Medline Industries, Inc.
- Asa Dental S.p.A.
- Medesy Srl
- YDM Corporation
- Karl Hammacher GmbH
- Medicta Instruments
- Other prominent players
Global Surgical Mallet Market: Research Scope
Global Surgical Mallet Market, by Product
- Metal Mallet
- Plastic Facing Mallet
Global Surgical Mallet Market, by End-user
- Dental Clinics
- Ambulatory & Specialty Clinics
Global Surgical Mallet Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa