Surgical Mallet Market: Introduction
- Surgical mallets are used in several surgical procedures that involve either scraping, slicing, or cutting of the bone in orthopedic procedures. The mallet is used to give controlled tap or pressure on a chisel or osteotomy. Modern day mallets are generally made of stainless steel to provide a strong, non-corrosive surface with metal, nylon, or Teflon. Surgical mallets are used to assist in driving the nail or screw into the bone during orthopedic surgery, ENT procedures, or neurosurgery. Surgical mallets are heavy objects with flat facings.
Global Surgical Mallet Market: Key Trends
- New designs and materials used for making surgical mallets have expanded the armamentarium of surgeons seeking better tools for surgical procedures. Over the years, the surgical mallet market has gained traction due to rise in usage of these instruments in a range of surgical procedures. Developing countries have witnessed increase in number of surgical clinics and expanding technical expertise of orthopedic surgeons. Technological strides in orthopedic surgery has spurred the uptake of surgical mallets. The surgical mallet offers better permeability and control to specialists; safeguarding the bone and providing comfort to patients in all situations from straightforward extractions to complex embed medical procedures.
- Presently, the world is struggling with the COVID-19 pandemic. COVID-19 leads to pneumonia, severe & acute respiratory disorders, multiple organ failure, and, in severe cases, death. The geriatric population and children are more prone to COVID-19 in the third wave. Growth of the global surgical mallet market has been slightly hampered by the pandemic.
- Governments of developing countries are making significant investments to modernize health care infrastructure in their respective countries, which is likely to increase access to health care. This is expected to drive the demand for surgical mallets. Surge in number of orthopedic and dental surgeries in developed countries is a key factor propelling the application of surgical mallets. The global surgical mallet market is projected to be driven by increase in innovative implant placements, crown removal, sinus lift, ridge splitting, etc.
- However, low affordability of orthopedic procedures is likely to hamper the growth of the segment. This is primarily due to the lack of reimbursement framework in cost-sensitive markets. Nevertheless, rise in demand for cosmetic orthopedic surgery is projected to drive the global surgical mallet market in the next few years.
North America to Capture Major Share of Global Surgical Mallet Market
- North America is anticipated to account for large share of the global surgical mallet market during the forecast period owing to the presence of leading companies offering surgical mallets, technological advancements, and increase in number of orthopedic health care centers. Intensive workshops on orthopedic surgery are conducted in developed nations, particularly in the U.S. These also focus on expanding the expertise of orthopedic surgeons in orthopedic surgery techniques.
- The surgical mallet market in Europe is expected to grow at a rapid pace during the forecast period, led by the rise in demand for surgical mallets. The surgical mallet market in Asia Pacific is likely to expand at a high CAGR during the forecast period driven by increase in number of orthopedic procedures in countries such as China and India, rapid adoption of medical technologies, and usage of these devices for prosthetic rehabilitation in relatively less time.
Key Players Operating in Global Surgical Mallet Market
Major players operating in the global surgical mallet market are listed below:
- Surgical Instruments
- Sweden & Martina
- Medline Industries, Inc.
- Asa Dental S.p.A.
- Medesy Srl
- YDM Corporation
- Karl Hammacher GmbH
- Medicta Instruments
- Other prominent players
Global Surgical Mallet Market: Research Scope
Global Surgical Mallet Market, by Product
- Metal Mallet
- Plastic Facing Mallet
Global Surgical Mallet Market, by End-user
- Dental Clinics
- Ambulatory & Specialty Clinics
Global Surgical Mallet Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.