Surgical G-arm Market: Overview
- Surgical G-arm are medical imaging devices based on X-ray technology. Presently, surgical arms are an essential part of everyday hospital life. These devices are quite useful for image-guided surgery, as these offer advanced technology and versatile structure. These devices are available in various shapes and fulfill different requirements of surgical procedures. G-arm shows both anteroposterior and lateral shots at once, hence there is less need to reposition the device in mid-surgery. This reduces the chances of infection that could occur due to moving the device up and down, breaking the sterile field during surgery through other surgical imaging devices such as C-arm.
- The global surgical G-arm market is projected to grow at a significant pace during the forecast period, owing to increase in demand for orthopedic surgeries due to an aging population, surge in sports injuries, and rise in the number of hospitals in emerging markets
Are you a Start-up willing to make it big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Surgical G-arm Market Report
Key Drivers of Global Surgical G-arm Market
- Health care infrastructure in emerging countries is developing at a rapid pace, with increasing government initiatives, entry of private players in the health care & hospitals segment, rise in per capita health care spending, and expansion of hospital network. According to the Ministry of Health of the Republic of Kazakhstan, health care expenditure in the country is growing at a rapid rate of 12.2%, and the country has built more than 1,300 health care facilities, including 907 clinics, 180 health centers, and 176 hospitals during a period of 25 years. This is expected to drive the global surgical G-arm market during the forecast period.
- Surgical imaging arms, especially G-arms, find major applications in orthopedic surgeries. The G-arms market has expanded rapidly due to an increase in the number of orthopedic surgeries among the geriatric population and sport injuries due to its more visualization effects during surgery which help surgeons to perform surgery in a more convenient way. According to Safe Kids Worldwide, 1.35 million youth worldwide suffer sports injuries each year.
Available Alternatives of Surgical G-arms to Restrain Market
- Other surgical arms such as C-arms and O-arms are widely available and cost less than G-arms, and offer long average life cycle. This is likely to act as a major restraint of the global surgical G-arm market.
North America to Capture Major Share of Global Market
- North America is anticipated to dominate the global surgical G-arm market in terms of share during the forecast period. This is because hospital and health care facilities in the U.S. are witnessing a transformation through consolidation, which has resulted in large independent outpatient clinic and center chains expanding their operations across the country. Moreover, increase in the number of health care facilities installing integrated hybrid ORs is expected to drive demand for new and advanced surgical imaging devices in the U.S. from 2019 to 2027.
- The market in Asia Pacific is likely to grow at a significant pace in the next few years due to rise in health care expenditure. In May 2017, the Government of Australia announced a grant of around US$ 300 Mn to set up new hospitals in Melbourne along with an additional grant of US$ 170 Mn, with an aim to increase operating rooms and to reduce wait times for elective surgical procedures in the country.
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Surgical G-arm Market Report
Key Players Operating in Global Surgical G-arm Market
Major player operating in the global surgical G-arm market is:
- Whale Imaging
Global Surgical G-arm Market: Research Scope
Global Surgical G-arm Market, by Application
Global Surgical G-arm Market, by End-user
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- Academic & Research Institutes
Global Surgical G-arm Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.