Surgical Face Shield Market: Introduction
- Surgical face shield is used as a protection equipment against hazardous and infectious fluid splashes. It is made of quality thermoplastics that can withstand exposure to chemical and other hazardous fluids to prevent the spread of infectious diseases. Moreover, it helps healthcare personnel to block out fluid biological airborne particulates. Common plastic materials that are utilized to manufacture surgical face shields are polyester and polycarbonate.
Key Drivers and Opportunities of Global Surgical Face Shield Market
- The world is currently suffering from the COVID-19 pandemic. According to World Health Organization, an estimated 36,237,403 confirmed cases of COVID-19 were recorded globally, as of October 2020.
- Surgical face shield plays a vital role to reduce the risk of doctors and other healthcare providers during the management of COVID -19. Thus, an increase in use of surgical face shield leading to increase in demand for the same and thereby drive the market. Moreover, increase in public awareness about the effectiveness of face shields alone is likely augment the market.
- Durability, comfort and easy of cleaning are key factors boosting the use of face shields and consequently, propelling the market. An important advantage is that a face shield significantly reduces the amount of inhalation exposure to the influenza virus. For instance, according to an article published in American Medical Association, the face shield reduced viral exposure by 96% when worn by a healthcare worker.
- However, this pandemic lead to lockdowns in several countries, which caused concern in the industry and resulted in decrease in production capabilities and restriction in supply of raw material. This, in turn, has led to shortages of products and subsequently, hampered the surgical face shield market.
- Increase in use of personnel protective equipment, owing to a rise in awareness, offers considerable opportunity for the market. Moreover, increase in focus of key players on strategic development in order to strengthening their businesses is likely to offer significantly for the market. For instance, in May 2020, Aspen Surgical Products acquired Arden to enhance its product portfolio.
North America to Capture Major Share of Global Surgical Face Shield Market
- North America is expected to account for a major share of the global surgical face shield market due to the presence of key market players and early adoption of advanced products. Moreover, well-established healthcare infrastructure is likely augment the market.
- The surgical face shield market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period owing to a rise in awareness and increase in cases of infectious diseases.
Key Players Operating in Global Surgical Face Shield Market
The global surgical face shield market is highly concentrated due to the presence of key players. A large number of manufacturers hold a major share in their respective regions. Demand for surgical face shields has increased in emerging as well as developed markets owing to a rise in prevalence of infectious diseases. Growth strategies adopted by leading players are likely to drive the global market.
Major players operating in the global surgical face shield market are:
- Key Surgical
- Medline Industries, Inc
- Honeywell International Inc
- Narang Medical Limited
- Brigo AB
- Cardinal Health
- Sanax Protective Products
- Linear Medical
- Henry Schein, Inc.
Global Surgical Face Shield Market: Research Scope
Global Surgical Face Shield Market, by Type
- Full Face Shield
- Half Face Shield
Global Surgical Face Shield Market, by Material
- Polyester (PET)
Global Surgical Face Shield Market, by Usability
Global Surgical Face Shield Market, by Distribution Channel
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
- Online Pharmacies
Global Surgical Face Shield Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.