Surgical Face Shield Market: Introduction
- Surgical face shield is used as a protection equipment against hazardous and infectious fluid splashes. It is made of quality thermoplastics that can withstand exposure to chemical and other hazardous fluids to prevent the spread of infectious diseases. Moreover, it helps healthcare personnel to block out fluid biological airborne particulates. Common plastic materials that are utilized to manufacture surgical face shields are polyester and polycarbonate.
Key Drivers and Opportunities of Global Surgical Face Shield Market
- The world is currently suffering from the COVID-19 pandemic. According to World Health Organization, an estimated 36,237,403 confirmed cases of COVID-19 were recorded globally, as of October 2020.
- Surgical face shield plays a vital role to reduce the risk of doctors and other healthcare providers during the management of COVID -19. Thus, an increase in use of surgical face shield leading to increase in demand for the same and thereby drive the market. Moreover, increase in public awareness about the effectiveness of face shields alone is likely augment the market.
- Durability, comfort and easy of cleaning are key factors boosting the use of face shields and consequently, propelling the market. An important advantage is that a face shield significantly reduces the amount of inhalation exposure to the influenza virus. For instance, according to an article published in American Medical Association, the face shield reduced viral exposure by 96% when worn by a healthcare worker.
- However, this pandemic lead to lockdowns in several countries, which caused concern in the industry and resulted in decrease in production capabilities and restriction in supply of raw material. This, in turn, has led to shortages of products and subsequently, hampered the surgical face shield market.
- Increase in use of personnel protective equipment, owing to a rise in awareness, offers considerable opportunity for the market. Moreover, increase in focus of key players on strategic development in order to strengthening their businesses is likely to offer significantly for the market. For instance, in May 2020, Aspen Surgical Products acquired Arden to enhance its product portfolio.
North America to Capture Major Share of Global Surgical Face Shield Market
- North America is expected to account for a major share of the global surgical face shield market due to the presence of key market players and early adoption of advanced products. Moreover, well-established healthcare infrastructure is likely augment the market.
- The surgical face shield market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period owing to a rise in awareness and increase in cases of infectious diseases.
Key Players Operating in Global Surgical Face Shield Market
The global surgical face shield market is highly concentrated due to the presence of key players. A large number of manufacturers hold a major share in their respective regions. Demand for surgical face shields has increased in emerging as well as developed markets owing to a rise in prevalence of infectious diseases. Growth strategies adopted by leading players are likely to drive the global market.
Major players operating in the global surgical face shield market are:
- Key Surgical
- Medline Industries, Inc
- Honeywell International Inc
- Narang Medical Limited
- Brigo AB
- Cardinal Health
- Sanax Protective Products
- Linear Medical
- Henry Schein, Inc.
Global Surgical Face Shield Market: Research Scope
Global Surgical Face Shield Market, by Type
- Full Face Shield
- Half Face Shield
Global Surgical Face Shield Market, by Material
- Polyester (PET)
Global Surgical Face Shield Market, by Usability
Global Surgical Face Shield Market, by Distribution Channel
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
- Online Pharmacies
Global Surgical Face Shield Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!