Surgical Cannulae Market: Introduction
Surgical cannulae is one of the most commonly used devices in surgical procedures and operations. Surgical cannulae is a small thin tube or pipe made of plastic that has an opening in the end for the passage (entry or exit) of air or biological fluids (blood, saline, etc.) for nutrition to patients, medications, parenteral nutrition, and chemotherapy. These are primarily used in cardiovascular operations, intravenous and intra-arterial supply, various other operations, and delivery of biological fluids in and out.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Surgical Cannulae Market
- Rise in the number of patients suffering from cardiovascular, neural, orthopedic, and dermatological diseases that require surgery, innovation of technologically advanced cannula, and increase in demand for minimally invasive surgery (MIS) procedures are the key factors that contribute to the growth of the global surgical cannulae market.
- Quick & easy availability of cannulas, growth of advanced technology that support the manufacturing of fine and high quality surgical cannulae, increase in government initiatives, funding schemes, and a large number of corporate investments toward R&D and health care infrastructure sector contribute to the growth of the global surgical cannulae market
- Strict government regulations, competition among top players in the market, and product recalls are major factors likely to hamper the growth of the global surgical cannulae market.
- According to a survey conducted by the Australian Institute of Health and Welfare, during 2015–2016, there were 10.6 million hospitalizations in Australia. Of these, 1 in 4 hospitalizations involved surgical procedures.
Cardiac Segment to Dominate Global Surgical Cannulae Market
- Based on product, the global surgical cannulae market can be classified into cardiac, vascular, arthroscopy, dermatology, nasal, and others.
- The cardiac segment captured major market share. Factors attributed to the growth of the segment are rise in number of patients with cardiovascular diseases and rate of occurrence combined with advancements in technology and manufacturing of new devices.
Cardiovascular Segment to Capture Largest Market Share
- Based on application, the global surgical cannulae market can be categorized into cardiovascular, oxygen therapy, general surgery, cosmetic/plastic, orthopedic, diabetes treatment, and neurology
- Increase in number of heart diseases such as cardiac arrest, cardiac locks, arrhythmia, high and low BP, and cardiac holes is a major factor contributing to the growth of the cardiovascular segment
Silicone Segment to Witness Highest Growth
- In terms of material, the global surgical cannulae market can be divided into plastic, metal, and silicone
- The silicone segment is expected to account for significant share of the market in the next few years. This can be attributed to factors such as ease of use, high durability and resistance of the silicone material used for manufacturing of surgical cannulae, and rise in adoption of technological advancements. Innovations in different technologies boost the growth of the silicone segment.
Hospitals Segment to Capture Largest Market Share
- Based on end-user, the global surgical cannulae market can be divided into hospitals, ambulatory surgical centers (ASC), and others (blood banks and home healthcare facilities)
- The hospital segment held the largest share of the market in 2019 and the trend is expected to continue in the next few years due to increase in number of people being admitted to hospitals and large number of ongoing surgeries in these settings.
North America to Dominate Global Surgical Cannulae Market
- In terms of region, the global surgical cannulae market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America dominated the global surgical cannulae market in 2019 due to increase in number of surgical procedures, advancements in technology, large number of corporates investing in R&D activities, and well-established health care facilities and infrastructure in the region
Key Manufacturers Operating in Market
Key manufacturers operating in the global surgical cannulae market are:
- Medtronic plc
- Edward Life Sciences Corporation
- Terumo Corporation
- Sorin Group
- Smith & Nephew PLC
- Conmed Corporation
- Smith’s Medical
- Teleflex Incorporated
- Maquet Holding B.V. & Co. KG.
- Boston Scientific Corporation
Global Surgical Cannulae Market: Research Scope
Global Surgical Cannulae Market, by Product
Global Surgical Cannulae Market, by Application
- Oxygen Therapy
- General Surgery
- Diabetes Treatment
Global Surgical Cannulae Market, by Material
Global Surgical Cannulae Market, by End-User
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers (ASC)
- Other End-users (blood banks and home healthcare facilities)
Global Surgical Cannulae Market, by Geography
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World (RoW)
- Rest of RoW
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.