Surgical and Respirator Masks Market: Overview
A surgical mask, is worn during surgery and nursing by health professionals. It provides a protective shield from bacteria liquid droplets and aerosols to the wearer. Respirator mask protect wearer from inhaling particulate matter, including airborne microorganisms, fumes, vapors and gases. Both these masks help wearer from several microbial bacteria, dust and gas.
Surgical and Respirator Masks Market: Notable Developments
- Moldex, a surgical and respirator mask manufacturing company is providing a range of disposable masks. This are one time use masks and therefore they have a lower risk of contamination.
- Along with this, the company is also providing surgical N95 respirators to offer an advance protection to the medical professional at the time of surgery.
- The key manufacturing companies in the surgical and respirator masks market are focusing on mergers and acquisition in order to increase their market share for instance- in Feb, 2019, Henry Schein One acquired Kopfwerk, a practice management solutions company in Austria. This will help the company to increase its dominance in Austria.
Key players in the surgical and respirator masks market include Henry Schein, Inc., DYNAREX, 3M, Cardinal Health, Fisher Scientific, Mölnlycke Health Care, Medline Industries, Inc., Berkley Surgical Company, Sterimed, Halyard Health, Inc., and CREATIVE CONTRACT (M) SDN BHD.
Surgical and Respirator Masks Market: Key Growth Dynamics
The market for surgical marks is expanding owing to the increase in number of surgeries in across the globe. Along with this, rise in air pollution globally is a prime factor behind the growth of the respirator masks. The growing awareness among the people regarding health hazards of inhaling toxic gases is increasing the demand of the respirator masks. This is expected to bolster growth of the respirator marks.
Surgical and respirator masks are commonly avaible in independent pharmacies, online sales, hospital pharmacies, retail stores. The increasing penetration of ecommerce is strengthening the supply chain of the surgical and respirator marks across the globe. This is expected to drive the global surgical and respirator masks market.
However stringent FDA regulations for the manufacturing and sales of surgical and respirator masks is expected to hamper growth of the surgical and respirator masks market across the globe.
Nevertheless, it has been noted that, the people in developed countries such as the US and the UK have exhibited a shift toward disposable masks. This is because these masks does not need product sterilization and possess a lesser changes for cross-contamination in hospital settings. This is offering a major push to the growth of the global surgical and respirator masks market.
Surgical and Respirator Masks Market: Regional Outlook
Geographically, Asia Pacific is expected to hold majority of share in the surgical and respirator marks. This is mainly because of the increasing air pollution in countries like China and Indian on account of increasing globalization and industrialization. The automotive, oil and gas, chemical industry are the key contributor of the air pollution in the region. This may increase the demand of respirator masks in the region. Also, there have been a significant increase in number of surgeries in the region this is the key factor behind the growth of the global surgical masks in the region.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.