Surface Inspection: Introduction
- A surface Inspection system is used to obtain information about the quality of the outer surface of a substrate in order to assure high quality in the subsequent production steps
- The surface inspection system comprises angled lighting and smart cameras for detection of surface flaws on objects after their production in real-time processing
- It is used after a process for quality control and inspection of surface depending on the particular task
- Surface Inspection systems are required for film production, coating systems, the paper industry, and in the manufacture and processing of metal, hygiene non-wovens, and films
- Surface inspection systems are also integrated with robots to enhance the speed of production, lower cost, and minimize human errors, which are essential in automotive, electronics and food processing industries
Rise in Demand for Surface Inspection Systems Globally
- Surface Inspection systems are extensively employed for inspection of web products, coated surfaces, and complex materials such as display glass for tablets and smartphones. Inspection systems have ability to detect minute scratches, inclusions, or holes at high throughput speeds.
- Demand for surface Inspection systems is considerably high in the electronics and semiconductor industry, where the adoption of high-level integration has increased rapidly.
- The surface inspection system offers an automated approach for inspection of foreign bodies, surface defects, cracks, fibers, and missing materials across all industries
- They are majorly utilized in web inspection systems of industrial applications such as battery coating, composites, decorative laminates, flexible packaging, liquid packaging, flooring, labels and tapes, etc.
Asia Pacific to Lead Global Surface Inspection Market
- The surface inspection market in Asia Pacific is estimated to expand more than the market in Europe and the Americas due to low production costs, easy availability of cost-effective labor, lenient emission & safety regulations, and initiatives taken by governments for foreign direct investments (FDIs) in the Asia Pacific
- Manufacturers and suppliers of surface inspection systems have invested in production and sales facilities in Asia Pacific in order to consolidate their share in the regional market
- Increasing population in countries such as China, India, and Japan are extensively adopting automation technologies, which prompts manufacturers to invest in the surface inspection market in the region
Key Players of Global Surface Inspection Market
- IMS Messsysteme GmbH
- JENOPTIK AG
- Maschinenfabrik Herkules GmbH and Co. KG
- OMRON Corporation
- Shelton Machines Ltd
- STEMMER IMAGING AG
- Taymer International Inc.
Global Surface Inspection Market: Research Scope
Global Surface Inspection Market, by Component
- Frame Grabbers
- Lighting Equipment
Global Surface Inspection Market, by Surface Type
Global Surface Inspection Market, by System
Global Surface Inspection Market, by Deployment Type
- Traditional Systems
- Robotic Cells
Global Surface Inspection Market, by End-user Industry
- Consumer Electronics
- Travel and Transport/Logistics
Global Surface Inspection Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!