Global Surface Acoustic Wave (SAW) Resonator Market – Introduction
- A surface acoustic wave is an acoustic wave that travels along the surface of an elastic material with an amplitude that typically declines exponentially with depth in the material. For electronic circuits, surface acoustic waves are typically used in devices called SAW systems. SAW systems are used as filters, oscillators, transformers, and the devices based on acoustic wave transduction. By using piezoelectric materials, transduction from electric energy to mechanical energy is achieved.
- The resonance frequency and the delay line of SAW devices depend on properties of materials forming the device.
To get glimpse of what our report offers, ask for a report brochure
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Surface Acoustic Wave (SAW) Resonator Market
- Growing concerns about security and surveillance and increasing demand for temperature sensors based on surface acoustic waves (SAW) across various industries led by their accuracy, wide temperature-sensing range, quick response, low cost, repeatability, and microelectromechanical sensor (MEMS) technology are some of the major factors fueling the global surface acoustic wave (SAW) resonator market
- Growing adoption of surface acoustic wave resonators in various industries and increasing demand for acoustic wave sensors for use in security and surveillance in sectors such as industrial, automotive, military, and healthcare are a few other factors driving the global market
- SAW resonators are used in several of the same applications wherein quartz crystals are used, as they can operate at a high frequency. They are often used in radio transmitters in which tunability is not required.
- Surface acoustic wave (SAW) resonators represent some of the most prominent acoustic devices used for chemical sensing applications. Furthermore, as their frequency ranges from several hundred megahertz to gigahertz, they can change frequency quickly, due to exceptionally small mass loads. These devices are highly efficient due to their miniaturized design, high thermal stability, and the facility of wireless integration that they offer. Owing to these special features, surface acoustic wave (SAW) resonators are widely used as smart transducers that can be combined with a variety of layers of recognition based on host-guest interactions, metal oxide coatings, carbon nanotubes, graphene sheets, functional polymers, and biological receptors.
- Continuous demand for temperature sensors from various industries fuels the global surface acoustic wave resonator market. Temperature sensors are increasingly used in various sectors such as automotive, healthcare, industrial, and chemical in order to integrate sensing technologies in products. This helps minimize replacement costs of components; reduce wear and tear of products; increase the product safety; and meet stringent requirements regarding reliability.
- However, acoustic wave resonators require several processes and technologies and hence, the compatibility of acoustic wave sensors with other products is one of the major factors that is likely to hinder the global surface acoustic wave resonator market from 2019 to 2027
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape, ask for a customized report
North America to Lead Global Market for Surface Acoustic Wave (SAW) Resonators
- In terms of region, the global surface acoustic wave (SAW) resonator market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- In terms of revenue, Asia Pacific is expected to lead the global market for surface acoustic wave resonators between 2019 and 2027, due to presence of a large number of semiconductor manufacturers and ongoing technological innovations in the region. Increasing usage of SAW devices in the communication technology and applications such as safety monitoring and defense in the region is driving the market in the region.
- In North America, surface acoustic wave resonators are largely used in underwater sensor systems and instrumentation. This is expected to create lucrative growth opportunities for global SAW manufacturers to expand their presence in the region in the near future.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Market
The global surface acoustic wave resonator market was highly fragmented in 2018. Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- Althen GmbH
- Infineon Technologies AG
- Muruta Manufacturing Co. Ltd.
- Transense Technologies plc.
- Qualtre Inc.
- TDK Corporation
- NanoTemper Technologies GmbH
- Vectron International Inc.
- Oscilent Corporation
- Hawk Measurement Systems
Global Surface Acoustic Wave (SAW) Resonator Market: Research Scope
Global Surface Acoustic Wave (SAW) Resonator Market, by Application
- Aerospace & Defense
- Environmental & Industrial
- Consumer Electronics
Global Surface Acoustic Wave (SAW) Resonator Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.