Suppression Capacitors Market: Introduction
- Suppression capacitors are used to suppress any noise from the electronic device, as it reduces the input impedance of the device. These types of capacitors are divided into X and Y class. The former one is connected line to line and the potential for electric shock is not present, while the latter is connected line to ground and has very low capacitance value.
- Suppression capacitors are utilized in diverse applications such as RFI suppression and prevention of electrical shock to humans and animals. They also provide optimal balance of miniaturization and reliability in automotive, consumer, industrial, and energy applications.
Rising demand for suppression capacitors for miniaturized devices
- Advancements in the semiconductor industry, such as implementation of wide band gap MOSFET and diode devices, is boosting the emphasis on the reduction in size of electronic components while improving performance. However, the reliability in devices, such as smartphones, wearable, and tablets, remains a concern.
- Miniaturized devices are becoming more susceptible to electrical noise and interference owing to an increasing number of electronic components being integrated into smaller geometries. Therefore, suppression capacitors play an important role in the electronics industry. Consequently, rising need for miniaturized solutions is fueling the suppression capacitors market.
Technological advancements in electronic components
- Technological developments in electronic components have been increasing for the last decade in order to increase the efficiency as well as reliability of the product. Major players are looking for new product launches to gain a competitive advantage. This is fueling the market.
- However, enhancing the reliability levels under high temperature, humidity, and bias (THB) conditions is projected to hamper the market.
Market in Asia Pacific is estimated to expand significantly
- In terms of region, the global suppression capacitors market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and Middle East & Africa
- The suppression capacitors market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at a prominent CAGR during the forecast period
- This expansion is attributed to a wide range of applications, growing technological advancements, increasing investments in research and developments by major companies, and expansion of the consumer electronics industry in the region. Thus, these factors are expected to fuel the demand for suppression capacitors products.
- The suppression capacitors market in North America and Europe is projected to expand at a considerable growth rate due to increasing competition among key players in the region. The market in Middle East & Africa is likely to expand at a sluggish pace during the forecast period.
Key Players Operating in Global Market
The global suppression capacitors market is highly fragmented as large number of manufacturers are present. Prominent players operating in the global market are focusing on product launch and technological developments to cater to the rising demand.
Key players operating in the global suppression capacitors market include:
- Vishay Intertechnology
- TDK Corporation
- KEMET Electronics Corporation
- STK Electronics
- NINGBO KLS IMP&EXP CO.LTD
Global Suppression Capacitors Market: Research Scope
Global Suppression Capacitors Market, by Type
- Polyester Film
- Metallized Film
- Polypropylene Film
- PTFE Film
- Polystyrene Film
Global Suppression Capacitors Market, by End-use Industry
- Consumer Electronics
Global Suppression Capacitors Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!