Global Superabsorbent Dressings Market: Introduction
Superabsorbent dressings are designed to absorb and retain exudate. Superabsorbent dressings are promoted for use on moderate to highly exudate wounds to absorb and retain fluid, thus reducing the risk of leakage and minimizing the risk of maceration. They have been developed to help clinicians manage and treat heavily exuding wounds, as they have a greater absorption capacity than traditional foam dressings. They are also designed to reduce potential leakage and the risk of maceration, which in turn, reduces dressing change frequency.
Key Drivers of Global Superabsorbent Dressings Market
Physiological effect of superabsorbent dressing on wounds
Highly exuding wounds may require other options as not all materials are able to handle an excess amount of exudate whose control is critical in the management of chronic wounds. Therefore, wound dressings containing superabsorbent polymers (SAP) were devised. The resulting polyacrylate superabsorbers have a high density of ionic charges which accounts for the hydroactive properties and the protein binding capacity. Superabsorbent polymer (SAP)-containing wound dressings present a valuable and unique category of wound management products.
Rise in Pressure Ulcers
Non-healing wounds, such as venous, pressure, and diabetic ulcer, have become a rising challenge as an increasing number of patients suffer from wounds that fail to heal. According to The National Pressure Ulcer Advisory Panel (NPUAP), the incidence ranges from 0.4 percent to 38 percent in hospitals, from 2.2 percent to 23.9 percent in skilled nursing facilities, and from 0 percent to 17 percent for home health agencies. According to European Pressure Ulcer Advisory Panel (EPUAP), 412,000 individuals will develop a new pressure ulcer annually in the U.K.
North America to Account for Major Share of Global Superabsorbent Dressings Market
- North America is projected to account for major share of the global superabsorbent dressings Market during the forecast period. The market in the region is anticipated to grow at a rapid pace in the next few years due to increase in research & development and various government initiatives for the development of novel ideas. Europe is expected to be the second largest market during the forecast period.
- The superabsorbent dressings market in Asia Pacific is likely to expand at a high CAGR during the forecast period. This can be attributed to rise in investment in research & development by private & government organizations and increase in health care management.
Key Players Operating in Global Superabsorbent Dressings Market
The global superabsorbent dressings market is highly consolidated owing to the presence of limited number of key players. Leading players operating in the global superabsorbent dressings market include:
- Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc.
- Medline Industries, Inc.
- Smith & Nephew
- BSN medical
- NICHIBAN CO., LTD.
- Dynarex Corporation
- Cardinal Health
- Winner Medical Group Inc.
- PAUL HARTMANN AG
- Derma Sciences Inc.
- Mölnlycke Health Care AB
- DermaRite Industries, LLC.
- DeRoyal Industries Inc.
- Hollister Incorporated
- Integra LifeSciences
- Advancis Medical USA LLC
- ABIGO Medical
Global Superabsorbent Dressings Market: Research Scope
Global Superabsorbent Dressings Market, by Product Type
Global Superabsorbent Dressings Market, by Dressing Type
- Sterile Dressing
- Non-sterile Dressing
Global Superabsorbent Dressings Market, by Application
- Primary Wound Care
- Secondary Wound Care
Global Superabsorbent Dressings Market, by End-user
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
Global Superabsorbent Dressings Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.