Submerged Arc Welding Market Introduction
- Submerged arc welding is a wire-fed process generally used with stainless steels, carbon steels, and some nickel alloys
- The submerged arc welding process is largely employed in heavy industrial applications in various industries such as shipbuilding, wind tower and rail car fabrication, pressure vessel, and offshore oil rig welding
- The process has significant impact on the productivity and efficiency of manufacturing process in various end-user industries
Submerged Arc Welding Market Dynamics
- Demand for submerged arc welding has been rising in the construction sector. Increase in construction activities across the world is anticipated to propel the demand for submerged arc welding
- Structural steel is considered a primary raw material for all kinds of construction activities
- Leading players are focusing on upgrading technologies to meet the changing needs of users including safety, durability, and reliability of steel structures. This is augmenting the demand for submerged arc welding equipment.
- High quality of structural steel ensures good quality construction. This is driving the need for submerged arc welding equipment.
- Advent of new technologies is positively affecting the growth of the market. Technological advancements and innovations in terms of methodologies as well as equipment are clear indications of highly competitive scenario of the global submerged arc welding market.
- Leading vendors have started focusing on implementation of advanced technologies, including welding information management systems and welding automation, in order to sustain in the highly competitive environment
- Submerged arc welding manufacturers are utilizing innovative technologies to increase their profitability, while diminishing their overall operating costs. Furthermore, rise in attractiveness of lean manufacturing is encouraging organizations to improve the overall work process and productivity of welding operations.
- New technologies adopted by manufacturers are considered to be a key factor driving the submerged arc welding market
- Increase in popularity of laser welding technology in manufacturing industries is expected to hamper the adoption of submerged arc welding. Laser welding technology is one of the prominent applications of laser that is gaining importance among users. In components manufacturing, laser welding process is utilized with negligible thermal distortion with efficiency and at a rapid rate.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Submerged Arc Welding Market: Segmentation Analysis
- Based on type, the global submerged arc welding market can be segmented into semi-automatic submerged arc welding and automatic submerged arc welding
- In terms of end-user, the global submerged arc welding market can be divided into construction, automotive, aerospace & defense, and shipbuilding
- Automotive is anticipated to be the prominent segment of the global submerged arc welding market. Market share of the end-user segment is expected to increase in the near future. Thus, the segment is estimated to maintain its leading position in the global submerged arc welding market during the forecast period.
Asia Pacific to Lead the Global Market for Submerged Arc Welding
- In terms of region, the global submerged arc welding market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is expected to contribute significantly to the submerged arc welding market from 2019 to 2027. The market in the region is expected to expand at a significant pace during the forecast period.
- Increase in demand for submerged arc welding equipment in various end-user industries in major economies such as India, China, and Japan is propelled the submerged arc welding market in Asia Pacific
Key Manufacturers Operating in Market
The global submerged arc welding market was fairly fragmented in 2018, with the presence of limited number of established players who occupy prominent share. Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- Colfax Corporation
- DAIHEN Corporation
- Illinois Tool Works Inc.
- Kjellberg Finsterwalde Plasma und Maschinen GmbH
- Lincoln Electric Holdings, Inc.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on “Submerged Arc Welding Market”
Global Submerged Arc Welding Market: Research Scope
Submerged Arc Welding Market, by Type
- Semi-automatic Submerged Arc Welding
- Automatic Submerged Arc Welding
Submerged Arc Welding Market, by End-user
- Aerospace & Defense
Global Submerged Arc Welding Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.