Stress Disorder Treatment: Introduction
- Stress disorder is a mental health condition caused by either experiencing or witnessing a terrifying event. It can also occur after a traumatic event such as an accident, surgery, fracture, or burn injury.
- There are basically two types of stress disorders: acute stress disorder and posttraumatic stress disorder. Stress disorders are caused by witnessing a traumatic event and occurs within one month of the traumatic event. It may last for three to five days and can persists up to one month.
- Common causes or traumatic events may include battlefield war, accidents, death, threat of death to oneself or others, threat of serious injury, and threat to physical integrity
- Common symptoms of stress disorders include reduced awareness about surroundings, sense of numbness, detached, recurrent memories of unwanted events, and severe emotional distress
- Common treatment for stress disorders includes cognitive behavioral therapy, anxiety medications, selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs), and antidepressants
Stress Disorder Treatment Market: Key Drivers
- High prevalence and rise in incidence of various stress disorders and chronic pain across the globe is estimated to drive the market during the forecast period
- According to U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs, between 6% and 33% of people experiencing traumatic event can develop stress disorders
- It is also estimated that around 50 million adults in the U.S. are affected with chronic pain, and the number is expected to rise due to growing cancer survival rates, obesity, diabetes, and ageing population
- Significant large number of accident cases, burn injuries, and surgical procedures are also key factors that are likely to propel the market during the forecast period
Posttraumatic Stress Disorder Segment to Dominate Global Market
- In terms of type, the global stress disorder treatment market can be classified into posttraumatic stress disorder, and acute stress disorder. The posttraumatic stress disorder segment is projected to dominate global market during the forecast period.
- Large number of accident incidences, postoperative pain, and growing number of patients with arthritis are major factors that are projected to drive the segment in the near future
Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors (SSRIs) Segment to Dominate the Market
- In terms of drugs, the global stress disorder treatment market can be classified into selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) and antianxiety drugs. The selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors segment is projected to dominate global market during the forecast period.
- SSRIs are commonly prescribed medication for the treatment of depression, primarily due to fewer side-effects and higher effectiveness of the drugs in the treatment of stress disorders
Retail pharmacy Segment to Dominate the Market
- Based on distribution channel, the global stress disorder treatment market can be classified into hospital pharmacy, retail pharmacy, and online pharmacy. The hospital pharmacy segment is projected to dominate the global market during the forecast period.
- The retail pharmacy segment is projected to dominate the global market during the forecast period. Easy availability and accessibility of treatment medications at these stores, comparatively large number of stores, and low cost are key factors that are likely to contribute to the dominant share of the segment during the forecast period.
Asia Pacific Stress Disorder Treatment Market to Expand Rapidly
- In terms of region, the global stress disorder treatment market can be split into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is likely to dominate the global stress disorder treatment market during the forecast period. High prevalence and rise in chronic pain, increasing geriatric population, and increased cancer survival rates in the region are key factors that are expected to boost the market in North America during the forecast period.
- The stress disorder treatment market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at a notable CAGR during the forecast period. Rapid expansion of the market in the region can be ascribed to a rise in the number of people suffering from neurological disorders and chronic pain in densely populated countries such as India and China, and improvement of healthcare infrastructure in the region.
- Significant expansion of the healthcare industry, easy access to healthcare facilities, and increase in investments in healthcare by leading players in Asia Pacific are expected to fuel the market in the region in the near future
Key Players Operating in Global Stress Disorder Treatment Market
The global stress disorder treatment market is fragmented, with a large number of domestic players holding majority share in respective region. Prominent players operating in the global stress disorder treatment market include:
- Novartis AG
- Pfizer Inc.
- Mylan N.V.
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Limited
- Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Limited
- AstraZeneca plc
- Eli Lilly and Company
- GlaxoSmithKline plc
- H. Lundbeck A/S
- Johnson & Johnson
- Merck & Co., Inc.
- Sanofi S.A.
Global Stress Disorder Treatment Market: Research Scope
Global Stress Disorder Treatment Market, by Type
- Acute Stress Disorder
- Posttraumatic Stress Disorder
Global Stress Disorder Treatment Market, by Drugs
- Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors (SSRIs)
- Antianxiety Drugs
Global Stress Disorder Treatment Market, by Distribution Channel
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
- Online Pharmacies
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.