Sterilization Monitoring: Introduction
- Sterilization is a process designed to kill all microbes. Sterilization mainly involves the heat processing of packaged and cleaned instruments through a dry-heat sterilizer, steam autoclave, or unsaturated, chemical-vapor sterilizer.
- Sterilization monitoring involves evaluating the effectiveness of the sterilization procedure so that problems with the functioning or use of the sterilizer can be identified and corrected
- Three types of sterilization monitoring are available: Chemical Monitoring, Biological Monitoring, and Physical Monitoring
- Physical monitoring includes timely observation of sterilizers as they are being operated to see if the gauges are representing the correct temperatures and/or pressure
- Biological monitoring includes demonstrating the effect of the sterilization procedure on live microorganisms that are more challenging to kill than all the common disease-causing microbes
- Chemical monitoring includes the use of sensitive chemicals that change color when exposed to combinations of temperature and time or high temperature
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Key Drivers of Global Sterilization Monitoring Market
- Increase in number of hospital-acquired infections drives the global sterilization monitoring market. Some common types of hospital-acquired infections are urinary tract infections (UTIs), meningitis, surgical site infections, pneumonia, and gastroenteritis.
- An increase in number of hospital-acquired infections resulting in rise in use of chemical as well as biological indicators in sterilization monitoring is expected to drive the global sterilization monitoring market during the forecast period
- Prevalence of infections compels healthcare centers and hospitals to practice sterilization monitoring to help prevent and control the spread of infectious diseases. This is expected to drive the sterilization monitoring market.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Biological Indicators Segment to Grow at Faster Rate during Forecast Period
- Based on the product, the global sterilization monitoring market can be divided into biological indicators and chemical indicators
- The biological indicators segment is anticipated to grow at a faster rate during the forecast period
- Increase in the usage of biological indicators in sterilization monitoring is expected to drive the biological indicators segment during the forecast period
Hospitals Segment to Offer Attractive Opportunities
- In terms of end-user, the global sterilization monitoring market can be classified into hospitals; pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and medical device companies; research and academic institutes; and others
- The hospitals segment is expected to account for major share of the global sterilization monitoring market by 2030
- The segment dominance can be attributed to increase in usage of sterilization monitoring products and techniques in the hospitals
North America to Dominate the Global Sterilization Monitoring Market
- In terms of region, the global sterilization monitoring market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is projected to dominate the global sterilization monitoring market during the forecast period. Factors such as a rise in hospital-acquired infections are expected to propel the market in the region. According to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), in the U.S., hospital-acquired infections (HAIs) account for an estimated 1.7 million infections and 99,000 associated deaths each year.
Key Players Operating in Global Sterilization Monitoring Market
The global sterilization monitoring market is fragmented with the presence of international players as well as local players. Key players operating in the global sterilization monitoring market include:
- HiMedia Laboratories
- Mesa Laboratories Inc.
- Propper Manufacturing Co. Inc.
- 3M Co.
- Cantel Medical Corp.
- Cardinal Health Inc.
- Etigam BV
- STERIS Plc
- Terragene SA
Global Sterilization Monitoring Market: Research Scope
Global Sterilization Monitoring Market, by Product
- Biological Indicators
- Chemical Indicators
Global Sterilization Monitoring Market, by Method of Sterilization
- Steam Sterilization
- Ethylene Oxide Sterilization
- Hydrogen Peroxide Sterilization
- Formaldehyde Sterilization
Global Sterilization Monitoring Market, by Process
- Pack Monitoring
- Load Monitoring
- Equipment/Process Monitoring
- Exposure Monitoring
Global Sterilization Monitoring Market, by End-user
- Pharmaceutical, Biotechnology, and Medical Device Companies
- Research and Academic Institutes
Global Sterilization Monitoring Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note:Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.