Sterilization Monitoring: Introduction
- Sterilization is a process designed to kill all microbes. Sterilization mainly involves the heat processing of packaged and cleaned instruments through a dry-heat sterilizer, steam autoclave, or unsaturated, chemical-vapor sterilizer.
- Sterilization monitoring involves evaluating the effectiveness of the sterilization procedure so that problems with the functioning or use of the sterilizer can be identified and corrected
- Three types of sterilization monitoring are available: Chemical Monitoring, Biological Monitoring, and Physical Monitoring
- Physical monitoring includes timely observation of sterilizers as they are being operated to see if the gauges are representing the correct temperatures and/or pressure
- Biological monitoring includes demonstrating the effect of the sterilization procedure on live microorganisms that are more challenging to kill than all the common disease-causing microbes
- Chemical monitoring includes the use of sensitive chemicals that change color when exposed to combinations of temperature and time or high temperature
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Key Drivers of Global Sterilization Monitoring Market
- Increase in number of hospital-acquired infections drives the global sterilization monitoring market. Some common types of hospital-acquired infections are urinary tract infections (UTIs), meningitis, surgical site infections, pneumonia, and gastroenteritis.
- An increase in number of hospital-acquired infections resulting in rise in use of chemical as well as biological indicators in sterilization monitoring is expected to drive the global sterilization monitoring market during the forecast period
- Prevalence of infections compels healthcare centers and hospitals to practice sterilization monitoring to help prevent and control the spread of infectious diseases. This is expected to drive the sterilization monitoring market.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Biological Indicators Segment to Grow at Faster Rate during Forecast Period
- Based on the product, the global sterilization monitoring market can be divided into biological indicators and chemical indicators
- The biological indicators segment is anticipated to grow at a faster rate during the forecast period
- Increase in the usage of biological indicators in sterilization monitoring is expected to drive the biological indicators segment during the forecast period
Hospitals Segment to Offer Attractive Opportunities
- In terms of end-user, the global sterilization monitoring market can be classified into hospitals; pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and medical device companies; research and academic institutes; and others
- The hospitals segment is expected to account for major share of the global sterilization monitoring market by 2030
- The segment dominance can be attributed to increase in usage of sterilization monitoring products and techniques in the hospitals
North America to Dominate the Global Sterilization Monitoring Market
- In terms of region, the global sterilization monitoring market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is projected to dominate the global sterilization monitoring market during the forecast period. Factors such as a rise in hospital-acquired infections are expected to propel the market in the region. According to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), in the U.S., hospital-acquired infections (HAIs) account for an estimated 1.7 million infections and 99,000 associated deaths each year.
Key Players Operating in Global Sterilization Monitoring Market
The global sterilization monitoring market is fragmented with the presence of international players as well as local players. Key players operating in the global sterilization monitoring market include:
- HiMedia Laboratories
- Mesa Laboratories Inc.
- Propper Manufacturing Co. Inc.
- 3M Co.
- Cantel Medical Corp.
- Cardinal Health Inc.
- Etigam BV
- STERIS Plc
- Terragene SA
Global Sterilization Monitoring Market: Research Scope
Global Sterilization Monitoring Market, by Product
- Biological Indicators
- Chemical Indicators
Global Sterilization Monitoring Market, by Method of Sterilization
- Steam Sterilization
- Ethylene Oxide Sterilization
- Hydrogen Peroxide Sterilization
- Formaldehyde Sterilization
Global Sterilization Monitoring Market, by Process
- Pack Monitoring
- Load Monitoring
- Equipment/Process Monitoring
- Exposure Monitoring
Global Sterilization Monitoring Market, by End-user
- Pharmaceutical, Biotechnology, and Medical Device Companies
- Research and Academic Institutes
Global Sterilization Monitoring Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.