Stem Cell and Regenerative Therapy Market: Effective Treatment Method for Damaged Cells in Number of Diseases
- Stem cells are body’s raw materials or cells from which all other cells with specialized functions are generated. These cells can be guided to become specific cells that regenerate and repair diseased or damaged tissues in patients suffering from various diseases.
- This stem cell therapy is called regenerative medicine or regenerative therapy to treat several diseases. Stem cell and regenerative therapy promotes the repair response of diseased, injured, or dysfunctional tissue using stem cells or derivatives of stem cells.
- Stem cell therapies can be used to treat patients with Parkinson's disease, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, diabetes type 1, Alzheimer's disease, heart disease, stroke, burns, cancer, and osteoarthritis
- In advanced therapies, stem cells are used to replace damaged cells and serve as a replacement method for the donor's immune system to fight several types of blood-related diseases and cancer
Are you a Start-up willing to make it big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Stem Cell and Regenerative Therapy Market Report
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Stem Cell and Regenerative Therapy Market
- Rise in prevalence of different chronic diseases across the world and increase in investment or funding by major companies for stem cell and regenerative therapy are the major factors boosting the growth of the global stem cell and regenerative therapy market
- In May 2018, AstraZeneca collaborated with two wholly owned subsidiaries of Sweden-based Innovation Bridge (SWIB) Holding (SWIB Company), Procella Therapeutics and Smartwise, through which SWIB received an additional US$ 320 Mn funding aimed at future therapy for repairing damaged heart by stem cell research
- Increase in commercial applications of regenerative medicine in different chronic disease treatment also fuels the growth of the global stem cell and regenerative therapy market
- Moreover, launch of new products and rise in government funding to research institutes for stem cell therapy are the other factors driving the global market
Unclear Regulatory Guidelines Hampers Global Market
- There is no specific regulatory guidelines to exercise appropriate quality oversight of stem cell and regenerative therapy products, both before and after approval. Hence, most of the products could not achieve commercial success. This hampers the growth of the global stem cell and regenerative therapy market.
- Moreover, strict manufacturing control regulations and technical limitations in terms of subject knowledge & procedure complication for stem cell production are the other factors likely to restrain the global market
Cell Therapy Segment to Dominate Global Market
- Based on product type, the global stem cell and regenerative therapy market can be divided into cell therapy, tissue engineering, and gene therapy
- The cell therapy segment dominated the global stem cell and regenerative therapy market in 2018. The segment is projected to expand at a higher CAGR during the forecast period.
- Ongoing clinical trials of new cell therapy products for cancer & heart diseases and rise in demand of these products in developed as well as developing countries are the other factors anticipated to fuel the growth of the cell therapy segment
Oncology to be Highly Promising Segment
- In terms of application, the global stem cell and regenerative therapy market can be categorized into cardiovascular disorders, oncology, orthopedics, dermatology, diabetes, central nervous system disorders, and others
- Oncology is expected to be a highly lucrative segment during the forecast period owing to rise in prevalence of cancer across the world, ongoing research on stem cell therapy in oncology, and increase in funding by public as well as private players for new product development in oncology therapy
Hospitals to be Major End-user Segment
- Based on end-user, the global stem cell and regenerative therapy market can be divided into hospitals, clinics, and others
- The hospitals segment dominated the global stem cell and regenerative therapy market owing to rise in hospital admissions for chronic disease treatment and increase in preference for stem cell therapies offered by hospitals
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Stem Cell and Regenerative Therapy Market Report
North America to Lead Global Stem Cell and Regenerative Therapy Market
- In terms of region, the global stem cell and regenerative therapy market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America dominated the global stem cell and regenerative therapy market in 2018 due to high prevalence of chronic diseases, increase in public & private players funding for research, and early adoption of novel stem cell therapies
- In 2016, the Government of Canada provided US$ 12 Mn funding to The Stem Cell Network (SCN) over two years, and in 2017 extended funding by US$ 6 Mn to March 31, 2019. Recently, the government once again partnered with SCN, providing US$ 18 Mn over three years (2019–2022). SCN is an incorporated non-profit organization that supports stem cell and regenerative medicine research, training, and outreach activities across Canada.
- The market in Asia Pacific is expected to expand at a higher CAGR during the forecast period owing to increase in the geriatric population which is more prone to chronic diseases, rise in awareness among people about stem cell and regenerative therapy, and surge in health care expenditure
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Stem Cell and Regenerative Therapy Market
Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- Novartis AG
- Caladrius Biosciences
- Daiichi Sankyo Company Limited
- Aldagen, Inc.
- Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited
- Gamida Cell Ltd.
- Astellas Pharma, Inc.
- Capricor Therapeutics
- ReNeuron Group plc
Global Stem Cell and Regenerative Therapy Market: Research Scope
Global Stem Cell and Regenerative Therapy Market, by Product Type
- Cell Therapy
- Tissue Engineering
- Gene Therapy
Global Stem Cell and Regenerative Therapy Market, by Application
- Cardiovascular Disorders
- Central Nervous System disorders
Global Stem Cell and Regenerative Therapy Market, by End-user
Global Stem Cell and Regenerative Therapy Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.